• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

Should Roe vs. Wade be overturned?

Discussion in 'American Politics' started by Shiloh Raven, May 28, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 98cwitr

98cwitr Lord forgive me Staff Member Red Team - Moderator Supporter

+1,416
    Baptist
    Married
    Not an opinion, but an observation based on empirical data:

Reasons given for having abortions in the United States

There are plenty of secular people who are pro-life. What do you say to them?

2. BigDaddy4

BigDaddy4 Movin' on...

+1,507
    Christian
    Married
    The entity/fetus/unborn baby is just an egg without a male's sperm to fertilize it. Does said male sperm depositor of this unborn entity have any rights or say in the matter? Or is it entirely about the woman's rights to her own body?

3. Belk

Belk Senior Member Supporter

+6,240
    Agnostic
    Married
    You feel the sperm depositor should have rights to her body? I find it doubtful that you do since you have always struck me as an intelligent person. So what rights do you think he should have that do not over ride the rights of the woman to her body?

4. Pommer

Pommer Autodidact polymath

+1,051
    United States
    Deist
    In Relationship
    US-Others
    Considering that spermatozoa is the smallest individual cell the human produces, and fertilizes the largest individual cell the human body produces, the male of our species procreates by contributing as little as possible, yet still want their 50% “rights”!

5. KCfromNC

KCfromNC Regular Member

+5,941
    Atheist
    Private
    Weird, I don't see "avoidance of personal responsibility" listed as a response in any of the surveys. Did you mean to post a link to something else?

Stop having abortions. And work hard to fund comprehensive sex education and easy to access free contraception for teens and young adults. And work to increase tax dollars going to support single and low income potential new mothers.

6. BigDaddy4

BigDaddy4 Movin' on...

+1,507
    Christian
    Married
    I didn't say rights to her body. I'm asking if he has or should have some rights, or at least some say, to the living organism he helped create and whether or not to abort it. In most instances (not talking about rape scenarios and such), the woman shared her body with the man that led to the creation of the organism. Now it's just hers and hers alone to decide what to do with it?

7. BigDaddy4

BigDaddy4 Movin' on...

+1,507
    Christian
    Married
    Are you suggesting that size matters?

8. Belk

Belk Senior Member Supporter

+6,240
    Agnostic
    Married
    I understand this. I am asking what rights you feel he should have that do not override her right to bodily integrity?

Yes, that is how consent works.

9. FreeinChrist

FreeinChrist CF Advisory team Staff Member Site Advisor Supporter

+9,210
    Belize
    Baptist
    Married
    US-Democrat
    MOD HAT

This thread is closed at the request of the OP.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.