Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
That's an opinion, but you're welcome to it.

Not an opinion, but an observation based on empirical data:

Reasons given for having abortions in the United States

As I mentioned before, I don't really much one way or the other. People are welcome to read whatever they want into those sorts of texts to back up their opinions. Just keep it out of fact-based public health policy discussions.

There are plenty of secular people who are pro-life. What do you say to them?

Upvote 0

BigDaddy4

It's a new season...
Sep 4, 2008
Washington
✟217,619.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The entity/fetus/unborn baby is just an egg without a male's sperm to fertilize it. Does said male sperm depositor of this unborn entity have any rights or say in the matter? Or is it entirely about the woman's rights to her own body?

Upvote 0

Belk

Supporter
Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟895,313.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
The entity/fetus/unborn baby is just an egg without a male's sperm to fertilize it. Does said male sperm depositor of this unborn entity have any rights or say in the matter? Or is it entirely about the woman's rights to her own body?

You feel the sperm depositor should have rights to her body? I find it doubtful that you do since you have always struck me as an intelligent person. So what rights do you think he should have that do not over ride the rights of the woman to her body?

Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟137,488.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
Considering that spermatozoa is the smallest individual cell the human produces, and fertilizes the largest individual cell the human body produces, the male of our species procreates by contributing as little as possible, yet still want their 50% “rights”!

Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟484,106.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Not an opinion, but an observation based on empirical data:

Reasons given for having abortions in the United States

Weird, I don't see "avoidance of personal responsibility" listed as a response in any of the surveys. Did you mean to post a link to something else?

There are plenty of secular people who are pro-life. What do you say to them?

Stop having abortions. And work hard to fund comprehensive sex education and easy to access free contraception for teens and young adults. And work to increase tax dollars going to support single and low income potential new mothers.

Upvote 0

BigDaddy4

It's a new season...
Sep 4, 2008
Washington
✟217,619.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You feel the sperm depositor should have rights to her body? I find it doubtful that you do since you have always struck me as an intelligent person. So what rights do you think he should have that do not over ride the rights of the woman to her body?
I didn't say rights to her body. I'm asking if he has or should have some rights, or at least some say, to the living organism he helped create and whether or not to abort it. In most instances (not talking about rape scenarios and such), the woman shared her body with the man that led to the creation of the organism. Now it's just hers and hers alone to decide what to do with it?

Upvote 0

BigDaddy4

It's a new season...
Sep 4, 2008
Washington
✟217,619.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Considering that spermatozoa is the smallest individual cell the human produces, and fertilizes the largest individual cell the human body produces, the male of our species procreates by contributing as little as possible, yet still want their 50% “rights”!
Are you suggesting that size matters?

Upvote 0

Belk

Supporter
Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟895,313.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
I didn't say rights to her body. I'm asking if he has or should have some rights, or at least some say, to the living organism he helped create and whether or not to abort it.

I understand this. I am asking what rights you feel he should have that do not override her right to bodily integrity?

In most instances (not talking about rape scenarios and such), the woman shared her body with the man that led to the creation of the organism. Now it's just hers and hers alone to decide what to do with it?

Yes, that is how consent works.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.