✟228,180.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
First, please vote in the poll.

Second, please give your reasons for voting the way you did.

Third, let's avoid the usual ad nauseam attacks of previous abortion discussion threads.

And that includes, but not limited to the following accusations of: "If pro-lifers did this or if pro-lifers did that..." or "If pro-choice people did this or if pro-choice people did that..." We know that discussing abortion can be a very heated and emotional debate. We also know that the legality of abortion will probably be challenged in the Supreme Court in the near future. And with being said, I'm hoping we can set aside our differences and discuss the abortion issue in a civil and respectful manner.

TuxAme

Quis ut Deus?
Site Supporter
Dec 16, 2017
Ohio
✟191,697.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
As for myself- absolutely. Abortion is the single greatest crime against humanity. Saint Mother Teresa rightly said, We must not be surprised when we hear of murders, of killings, of wars, of hatred. If a mother can kill her own child, what is left but for us to kill each other?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

stevil

Godless and without morals
Feb 5, 2011
✟249,915.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
It is not my business to tell a woman what to do with her womb or anything in it.

Government's purpose isn't to control people or make us behave in a moral fashion, but instead to make society an inclusive place, where diverse people can co-exist together in a thriving society. Stopping women from having abortions does not support this goal. It panders mainly to religious groups wanting to enforce their ideals onto others.

Upvote 0

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,089,808.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Sure, if it will stop the picketers and the protesters who vote for leaders who pay callous lip service to the term "pro-life" while endangering the very future of our planet, putting children in cages at the border, giving tax cuts to the rich and food stamp (SNAP) cuts to the poor, etc., etc.,etc.

I say this with a grain of salt, because I can't be sure if they are really social justice advocates who are just so laser-focused on abortion that they can't see any other moral evils, but I hope they do.

Overturning Roe won't change anything. Abortion is pretty much unavailable in red states now, and readily available in blue states. Things will go on, but maybe (I pray) minds and hearts will be opened to see all the suffering that years of Republican administrations have caused.

Upvote 0

The Faceless

Has A Face
Mar 20, 2019
Westeros
✟37,443.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
I voted yes, but it's a little bit more complicated than that for me. I voted yes in the sense that elective abortions should be banned. For women who are the victims of rape or incest, they should be able to have an abortion up to 20 weeks. These must accompany a police report and if the women is found to have lied, they should face consequences for both lying about rape and for murder. Women who are at a substantial risk to their health or their very lives from pregnancy should be able to have an abortion at any time to save their lives.

Women in the Church (Orthodox, even Catholic; I don't care what Protestant Churches or the Church of England has to do or say about anything, to be honest) should never have an abortion.

If abortion is legal, and a woman can choose to have an abortion if she doesn't want a child, even if the man wants the child, then men who don't want a child but the women choose to have the child anyways shouldn't be held accountable for child support. Fair is fair.

But going back to my first paragraph, elective abortions should be banned. Don't stop there like the Republicans would in typical Republican fashion. We must then make adoptions astronomically easier and cheaper because as things stand it's a pathetic system. Women should receive free childcare so they can work. It's again a pathetic system that is unaffordable. The minimum wage should be at least $15/hour. People can't afford to live off the current minimum wage, let alone raise children on it. Healthcare should be free. College tuition should be astronomically cheaper or made free. Rent should be capped and made astronomically cheaper. Tax the daylights out of the rich, greedy Republicans making things impossible for so many people. If women can make a living wage, if they and their children can have healthcare that won't take half of their earnings, if they can have a roof over their heads, if they can send their children to daycare without it costing the second half of their paycheck healthcare would, and if they and their kids can continue their education, people wanting abortions would drop dramatically overnight. If women still don't want their babies, adoption will have been made easy-peasy.

Bonus: All people who say don't have sex, close your legs, use protection, you know the consequences, should be banned from participating and honestly the internet completely.

Reactions: GodLovesCats
Upvote 0

archer75

Site Supporter
Nov 16, 2016
USA
✟256,152.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Overturning Roe won't do much to change who has abortions / how many happen.

Although national health care including contraception, with appropriate education, would do a lot.

Upvote 0

(° ͡ ͜ ͡ʖ ͡ °) (ᵔᴥᵔʋ)

Site Supporter
Oct 14, 2015
✟405,713.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
First, please vote in the poll.

Third, let's avoid the usual ad nauseam attacks of previous abortion discussion threads.

And that includes, but not limited to the following accusations of: "If pro-lifers did this or if pro-lifers did that..." or "If pro-choice people did this or if pro-choice people did that..." We know that discussing abortion can be a very heated and emotional debate. We also know that the legality of abortion will probably be challenged in the Supreme Court in the near future. And with being said, I'm hoping we can set aside our differences and discuss the abortion issue in a civil and respectful manner.
I absolutely believe that R v W should be overturned. Leave it up to the states to decide. Furthermore, there should be an amendment made to the constitution granting the unborn with the right to life. Thus making all abortions unconstitutional.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

TuxAme

Quis ut Deus?
Site Supporter
Dec 16, 2017
Ohio
✟191,697.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
The decision to go through with a pregnancy or to abort should be left to women and their doctors. I have no right to decide that for them.
But in saying this, you do presume to have the rights to
a) force every state to abort children on their soil, and
b) allow expectant mothers (and fathers) to be judge, jury and executioner over the life of another.

You have some contradictions to work out if you wish to continue supporting Roe.

Upvote 0

thecolorsblend

If God is your Father, who is your Mother?
Site Supporter
Jul 1, 2013
Gotham City, New Jersey
✟308,231.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Put simply, my Church teaches that abortion is a tremendous moral evil. No possible good can come from it, ever, period.

I will never stop calling for a ban to all abortions.

• Winner
Reactions: TuxAme
Upvote 0

TuxAme

Quis ut Deus?
Site Supporter
Dec 16, 2017
Ohio
✟191,697.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Put simply, my Church teaches that abortion is a tremendous moral evil. No possible good can come from it, ever, period.

Your Church, my Church, and Christ's Church.

Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟896,191.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian

It would probably be easier to make it a state issue as opposed to try to ban it.

Upvote 0

thecolorsblend

If God is your Father, who is your Mother?
Site Supporter
Jul 1, 2013
Gotham City, New Jersey
✟308,231.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
It would probably be easier to make it a state issue as opposed to try to ban it.
It's permitted nationally by way of a SCOTUS decision.

I think we could and should amend the Constitution specifically to ban the practice. Where there's a will, there's way.

Reactions: TuxAme
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟896,191.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
I absolutely believe that R v W should be overturned. Leave it up to the states to decide. Furthermore, there should be an amendment made to the constitution granting the unborn with the right to life. Thus making all abortions unconstitutional.
so which is it? Either it is up to the state or not.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

TuxAme

Quis ut Deus?
Site Supporter
Dec 16, 2017
Ohio
✟191,697.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Opposition to abortion isn't about "what's easier?". If we wanted what was easy, we'd be supporting abortion, not opposing it. This is about what's right, and what's right is to put an end to all abortion.

Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟896,191.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
It's permitted nationally by way of a SCOTUS decision.

I think we could and should amend the Constitution specifically to ban the practice. Where there's a will, there's way.
Good luck getting it note seventeen amendments ( after the bill of rights) and of those only one has been overturned and that one involved giving a right back.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Messerve

Sep 30, 2018
hjkhjkh
✟25,910.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
No matter how I look at it, it's not just a woman choosing what to do with her womb since it isn't just an empty womb. There's life in that womb and once a woman has that life in her it's no longer her place to take that life away. And I would disagree with many Christians, as well, in that I don't believe rape or incest or even necessarily an ectopic pregnancy which threatens the mother's life is a reason for an abortion. I believe all of those things, no matter how tragic, have options worth considering aside from abortion. Adoption, is an obvious one. There are many infertile couples out there. Transplanting an ectopic baby to the uterus is a procedure that gets almost no attention or study.

Think about the fact that in the situation where a mother and her baby's blood types were incompatible it used to be a common cause of infant death (HDN or erythroblastosis fetalis). But with time and study, doctors have ways of treating the babies and it is almost never fatal any longer. We've become so self-centered and lazy that we're settling for death as a solution as opposed to using our minds and technology to finds solutions for life.

Arguing that life is ultimately in God's hands won't convince anyone who isn't "religious", but for all those who love to help the helpless and simultaneously support abortion... How is that not a contradiction? Who's more helpless the mother or the baby? It's always the baby, because it's correctly said that a mother has a choice. The baby has no choice in any situation.

I know I'm in the extreme minority with my opinion. But those points of data (e.g. opinions that differ from the majority) outside the lines we draw are not only worth considering but could be crucial simply for the fact that they are different.

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: 98cwitr
Upvote 0

Shiloh Raven

May 14, 2016
Texas
✟228,180.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
{snip} It panders mainly to religious groups wanting to enforce their ideals onto others.

I think it should be noted that it isn't just conservative Christians who oppose abortion. There are also liberal Christians like myself who oppose abortion and there are non-Christians who oppose abortion.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.