Should NYC embrace plans for a Mosque at Ground Zero?

Paxton25

Forgiven
Aug 27, 2010
✟17,837.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Which is pretty much what it will still be after the rebuilding. except with a community centre attached?

"Community Center" lol
The imam spearheading the proposed Islamic center, Imam Feisal Abdul Rauf supports Wahhabism – the Al Qaeda and the Taliban are Wahhabi which is why they do what they do.

Any statement concerning bridge building and freedom of religion etc. is absolutely ridiculous – the Wahhabi followers hate the U.S. and consider Christians garbage. Kind of makes those of you who support this Mosque look like fools.
Ground Zero mosque Imam Feisal Rauf says opposition linked to November election - NYPOST.com

Upvote 0

Exiledoomsayer

Only toke me 1 year to work out how to change this
Jan 7, 2010
✟17,737.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
"Community Center" lol
The imam spearheading the proposed Islamic center, Imam Feisal Abdul Rauf supports Wahhabism – the Al Qaeda and the Taliban are Wahhabi which is why they do what they do.
Let me try to put the idea in words you will grasp.
There is already a mosque at groundzero. its been there for ages.
They are rebuilding this mosque to add a poolhouse to it.
This gets noticed and people are protesting the poolhouse thinking its a new mosque, while the mosque already was there all along.

Any statement concerning bridge building and freedom of religion etc. is absolutely ridiculous – the Wahhabi followers hate the U.S. and consider Christians garbage. Kind of makes those of you who support this Mosque look like fools.
Ground Zero mosque Imam Feisal Rauf says opposition linked to November election - NYPOST.com
Now as far as weither or not your delusions of islamic conspiracy are true. I really do not give a damn even if it was a terrorist reqruitment centre and said so right on the sign. Its their constitional right to build it and to the sugjest that we should take that right away for whatever reason is foolish.

But hey if you feel comfortable shredding the document that is keeping me from burning your churches. Go for it dude:thumbsup:

Upvote 0

kiwimac

Bishop of the See of Aotearoa ROCCNZ;Theologian
Site Supporter
May 14, 2002
New Zealand
Visit site
✟592,518.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Utrecht
Marital Status
Married
Politics
AU-Greens
"Community Center" lol

He is a Sufi, the Sufis and the Wahabbis do not like one another. Indeed the Wahabbis go out of their way to persecute & kill Sufis and then desecrate Sufi graves.

Upvote 0

mindlight

See in the dark
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2003
London, UK
✟823,917.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
An ambitious plan to build a mosque next to New York's Ground Zero is prompting hope - and anger - in a city scarred by terrorism. There's little to see now at the site, an abandoned clothing store two blocks from the former World Trade Centre where nearly 3000 people died on September 11, 2001.

But Feisal Abdul Rauf, a New York imam and a leader of the project, says the planned multi-storey Islamic centre will transform both the drab lower Manhattan street and the way Americans have looked on Muslims since 9/11.

Boasting a mosque with sports facilities, a theatre and possibly day care, the centre would be open to all visitors to demonstrate that Muslims are part of their community, not some separate element.

"There's nothing like this that we know of in the United States,' Rauf told AFP. 'This will be a community centre for everyone, not just for Muslims, but non-Muslims.'

Many look forward to the centre, which Rauf estimates will cost $US105-140 million to build, possibly financed with bonds.

Plan for mosque near Ground Zero angers

The stench of corpses still emanates from this haunted sinkhole in Manhattan. I can't think of a better place to build a mosque. I'm sure it will bring healing and harmony to Manhattan, as Islam does everywhere it goes.

No the mosque should not be built here.

Upvote 0