Should NYC embrace plans for a Mosque at Ground Zero?

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
But when you do with Obama and his marxism, you are called a racist or bigot.

WW"S"D? He would do a lot of things Obama is.

He is letting his legions/minions do it for him.

Sound familiar?

Obama has shown himself an adversary to Christian truth and life. He hasn't done anything to "the way" yet. But how many "on the left" call for Christians to be silenced in ghettos?

Totalitarianism is usually anti-Christian. Marxism is 100% anti-Christian.

Power corrupts. Absolute power corruots absoluetly. Obama wants 100% power over health care. And, he would pay for abortions and other anti-Christian "procedures" while demanding Christians pay for them IF there were not Christians that vote.

Isn't that how adversaries pf Christians would see things?

He wants to dictate what kind of freedom we are allowed. "Health" care anyone?

Marxism is anti Christian.

So...you don't have anything either? :confused:
tulc(suspected there wouldn't be any proof offered) :sorry:

Upvote 0

DRD4Him

Apr 26, 2010
✟952.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
So...you don't have anything either?
tulc(suspected there wouldn't be any proof offered)

I have much, but Obama is protected here by flaming rules at CF. It does not surpirse me that your response is framed the way it is.

But of course.

Upvote 0

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I have much, but Obama is protected here by flaming rules at CF. It does not surpirse me that your response is framed the way it is.

But of course.

Ahhh! The old "I could prove everything if only they allowed me to post news articles and web sites!" (tm) argument. :cool:
tulc(...oh wait) :sorry:

Upvote 0

Nathan Poe

Sep 21, 2002
United States
✟41,319.00
Faith
Agnostic
Politics
US-Democrat

But of course.

Can't you at least admit that you have nothing? The constant bluff and bluster quickly gets tedious.

Upvote 0

talitha

Cultivate Honduras
Nov 5, 2004
Tegucigalpa, Honduras
Visit site
✟22,601.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
...and if you've discerned incorrectly? You could be attributing to demons what is of God? :sorry:
No. I know God. What is going on does not bear His stamp.

Do you have about 5 examples of him doing this? :wave:
tulc(thinks 5 should be fairly easy to find) :)
Long day yesterday, no energy for that today, sorry......

Talitha, I am sincerely interested to know why you think Obama voters were "demonically influenced". I am no fan of Obama, wouldn't vote for him in a pink fit. But there have been corrupt, inept and even downright negligent and evil politicians before, and there will be again. What is it about THIS guy that makes him demonic, or at least, demonically supported?

(sincere question, hoping for sincere, detailed answer)
Well, you are not going to like my answer, but I believe they were demonically influenced because I saw it. I believe that being in a position of power makes a person a target of demonic principalities, either to use, support, influence, or destroy them, and ultimately all of the above. There are certain attitudes that make us susceptible to be "supported" as you say by demonic powers. One is pride, another is deceitfulness, etc. Such attitudes make a person an ideal tool. I think a better word than "supported" is "used".

I really, genuinely don't intend this to be a strawman, I am honestly trying to understand... if I read this correctly, would it be right to say that you don't specifically have any issues with anything Obama said he was going to do, or has done, but rather, you think God told you that demons helped him get elected. Is that a fair summation?
I do have issues with things Obama has done because they are very much in line with his users' intentions.

DrD4Him - thanks for your support. :wave:

I keep coming back to this thread and thinking that the Truth has to continue to cut across the grain of the deception - and maybe someone will see it.......

blessings
tal

Upvote 0

Skaloop

Agnostic atheist, pro-choice anti-abortion
May 10, 2006
Burnaby
Visit site
✟29,046.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-NDP
No. I know God. What is going on does not bear His stamp.

What, specifcally, does not bear his stamp?

Long day yesterday, no energy for that today, sorry......

No energy to mention five instances, but enough energy to write the rest of your reply? Come on, five bullet points of times when Obama has gone outside his constitutional authority doesn't take much energy.

Well, you are not going to like my answer, but I believe they were demonically influenced because I saw it. I believe that being in a position of power makes a person a target of demonic principalities, either to use, support, influence, or destroy them, and ultimately all of the above. There are certain attitudes that make us susceptible to be "supported" as you say by demonic powers. One is pride, another is deceitfulness, etc. Such attitudes make a person an ideal tool. I think a better word than "supported" is "used".

If a position of power makes one a target, would you be talking about demonic influence if McCain and Palin were in office? I doubt it. They're both also proud and deceitful (you kind of have to be both to make a run for the presidency).

I do have issues with things Obama has done because they are very much in line with his users' intentions.[/qute]

Again, what specifically has he done that is in line with the demons? Because something like providing health care for all citizens doesn't sound like something that demons would want. I would guess that what demons want is for more souls to go to hell; what has Obama done to advance that?

I keep coming back to this thread and thinking that the Truth has to continue to cut across the grain of the deception - and maybe someone will see it.......

I hope that you do keep coming back, so that it does. Just in the opposite direction.

Upvote 0

talitha

Cultivate Honduras
Nov 5, 2004
Tegucigalpa, Honduras
Visit site
✟22,601.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
tanzanos, it is not pride, vanity, or arrogance to know God. According to the Bible, to know God is eternal life. Jesus came to die for us that we might know God and live. It's the basic gospel.
1 Corinthians 2 said:
For to us God revealed them through the Spirit; for the Spirit searches all things, even the depths of God. 11 For who among men knows the thoughts of a man except the spirit of the man which is in him? Even so the thoughts of God no one knows except the Spirit of God. 12 Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the Spirit who is from God, so that we may know the things freely given to us by God, 13 which things we also speak, not in words taught by human wisdom, but in those taught by the Spirit, combining spiritual thoughts with spiritual words. 14 But a natural man does not accept the things of the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him; and he cannot understand them, because they are spiritually appraised. 15 But he who is spiritual appraises all things, yet he himself is appraised by no one. 16 For "who has known the mind of the Lord, that he will instruct Him?" But we have the mind of Christ.
Skaloop, I don't live in the United States and don't monitor or memorize Obama's actions. I just read about them occasionally from various news sources, cringe, and continue to live my busy life as a teacher/missionary. To come up with five specific instances I would have to search the internet for them, and I have neither the mental energy nor the inclination to that right now. To simply post here my thoughts and reactions does not require energy, and as much as anyone else I am predisposed to air my opinions.

On McCain/Palin, I was not for them as much as against Obama. To vote third-party is senseless in the present US system.

On Obamacare, I am very glad that at least for the time being I do not live on American soil, as I cannot imagine earning enough money to spend part of it on health insurance, as I am told soon that most people will be required to so. I do not call that "providing."

On the word "demon" - you must realize that Greek "deities" are not synonymous with God. It is my personal belief that they are/were very real and are actually fallen angels that allowed unwise people to believe them to be gods. The word demon does not mean evil; it is a direct reference to those entities. "Divine" does not solely refer to things associated with Yahweh, but generally to whatever is of the supernatural realm (hence the word "divination"), as all of this is by many non-Judeo-Christians considered (erroneously) to be vaguely good.

blessings
tal

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Gishin

Apr 25, 2008
Midwest City, Oklahoma
✟6,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married

But of course.
Have you seen these boards? There's no shortage of flaming Obama!

Upvote 0

Gishin

Apr 25, 2008
Midwest City, Oklahoma
✟6,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
tanzanos, it is not pride, vanity, or arrogance to know God. According to the Bible, to know God is eternal life. Jesus came to die for us that we might know God and live. It's the basic gospel.

Skaloop, I don't live in the United States and don't monitor or memorize Obama's actions. I just read about them occasionally from various news sources, cringe, and continue to live my busy life as a teacher/missionary. To come up with five specific instances I would have to search the internet for them, and I have neither the mental energy nor the inclination to that right now. To simply post here my thoughts and reactions does not require energy, and as much as anyone else I am predisposed to air my opinions.

On McCain/Palin, I was not for them as much as against Obama. To vote third-party is senseless in the present US system.

On Obamacare, I am very glad that at least for the time being I do not live on American soil, as I cannot imagine earning enough money to spend part of it on health insurance, as I am told soon that most people will be required to so. I do not call that "providing."

On the word "demon" - you must realize that Greek "deities" are not synonymous with God. It is my personal belief that they are/were very real and are actually fallen angels that allowed unwise people to believe them to be gods. The word demon does not mean evil; it is a direct reference to those entities. "Divine" does not solely refer to things associated with Yahweh, but generally to whatever is of the supernatural realm (hence the word "divination"), as all of this is by many non-Judeo-Christians considered (erroneously) to be vaguely good.

blessings
tal

Like I said, you admitted you arrived at that conclusion illogically, the only logical thing to do would be to dismiss it.

Upvote 0

Skaloop

May 10, 2006
Burnaby
Visit site
✟29,046.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-NDP

I'd personally pay a modest amount for "insurance" rather than an exhorbinant amount to cover the costs of health care myself.

I am Canadian, and we've had universal health care for quite some time. Yes, I pay more taxes to cover that, but I have also seen Americans driven to bankruptcy because of the costs involved in getting necessary medical care without insurance. I'd take the former over the latter any day.

People who cannot afford health insurance also can't afford hefty medical bills; should these people not be given medical care?

Upvote 0

JustMeSee

Contributor
Feb 9, 2008
In my living room.
✟23,339.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
An ambitious plan to build a mosque next to New York's Ground Zero is prompting hope - and anger - in a city scarred by terrorism. There's little to see now at the site, an abandoned clothing store two blocks from the former World Trade Centre where nearly 3000 people died on September 11, 2001.

But Feisal Abdul Rauf, a New York imam and a leader of the project, says the planned multi-storey Islamic centre will transform both the drab lower Manhattan street and the way Americans have looked on Muslims since 9/11.

Boasting a mosque with sports facilities, a theatre and possibly day care, the centre would be open to all visitors to demonstrate that Muslims are part of their community, not some separate element.

"There's nothing like this that we know of in the United States,' Rauf told AFP. 'This will be a community centre for everyone, not just for Muslims, but non-Muslims.'

Many look forward to the centre, which Rauf estimates will cost $US105-140 million to build, possibly financed with bonds.

Plan for mosque near Ground Zero angers

The stench of corpses still emanates from this haunted sinkhole in Manhattan. I can't think of a better place to build a mosque. I'm sure it will bring healing and harmony to Manhattan, as Islam does everywhere it goes.

I have mixed feelings about this. I don't know if will do more harm than help.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

talitha

Cultivate Honduras
Nov 5, 2004
Tegucigalpa, Honduras
Visit site
✟22,601.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Please reread my post. I said nothing of deities.
QUOTE=tanzanos;54933491]Hehe; The word DEMON comes from the Greek DAIMON which means DIVINE POWER. It refers to those who have exceptional minds! So given that Obama was supported by demons then he is literally in office by Divine power!
This word came to mean evil only when Christianity took hold because knowledge was considered a danger to the church authority and thus it was given a negative meaning.

So according to the line of thought of some posters here; The ones who did not vote for Obama are not divine thus damned!

Hmmm..... Interesting to say the least!!!!![/QUOTE]
um, then what did you mean when you said "divine"? I would agree that Obama is literally in office by "divine" power (extra-human, spiritual, supernatural power, not God's will). That's what I was trying to say. I put quotes around the word "deities" to show that they were called deities but were actually not deities.

People who cannot afford health insurance also can't afford hefty medical bills; should these people not be given medical care?
"given" does not describe what's going on. Mandated health insurance is not the same as socialized health care.

I haven't had health insurance since 2002. Interestingly, whenever I have had urgent need of insurance, like when I had acute strep throat and when my husband had to have a cyst removed, I have been working at a place where insurance was provided, and when I have not had insurance, I have not had such a job. I like having the Lord as my provider and not relying upon insurance payments. Not to mention the Lord as my healer, on several occasions!

bless you
tal

Upvote 0

Skaloop

May 10, 2006
Burnaby
Visit site
✟29,046.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-NDP
I haven't had health insurance since 2002. Interestingly, whenever I have had urgent need of insurance, like when I had acute strep throat and when my husband had to have a cyst removed, I have been working at a place where insurance was provided, and when I have not had insurance, I have not had such a job. I like having the Lord as my provider and not relying upon insurance payments. Not to mention the Lord as my healer, on several occasions!

This kind of sounds like you're saying "I don't like the idea of everyone having health insurance, but I sure liked it when I had health insurance when I needed it". Apologies if I am mistaken, but that's how it appears. If you enjoyed having health insurance provided for you, why would you not want others to have it provided for them?

Also, what is the difference between mandated health insurance and socialized health care? Isn't the latter a subset of the former?

Upvote 0

Gishin

Apr 25, 2008
Midwest City, Oklahoma
✟6,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
QUOTE=tanzanos;54933491]Hehe; The word DEMON comes from the Greek DAIMON which means DIVINE POWER. It refers to those who have exceptional minds! So given that Obama was supported by demons then he is literally in office by Divine power!
This word came to mean evil only when Christianity took hold because knowledge was considered a danger to the church authority and thus it was given a negative meaning.

So according to the line of thought of some posters here; The ones who did not vote for Obama are not divine thus damned!

Hmmm..... Interesting to say the least!!!!!
um, then what did you mean when you said "divine"? I would agree that Obama is literally in office by "divine" power (extra-human, spiritual, supernatural power, not God's will). That's what I was trying to say. I put quotes around the word "deities" to show that they were called deities but were actually not deities.

"given" does not describe what's going on. Mandated health insurance is not the same as socialized health care.

bless you
tal[/quote]
Police: Girl Dies After Parents Pray for Healing Instead of Seeking Medical Help
The Lord was her healer as well. Was her faith and the faith of her parents just not strong enough?

Upvote 0

Skaloop

May 10, 2006
Burnaby
Visit site
✟29,046.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-NDP
I have mixed feelings about this. I don't know if will do more harm than help.

I'll agree that the general public perception of building this mosque may make it a target for negative actions, but is that the fault of the people building it, or the people taking the negative actions? Shoud it be general policy to restrict people from building things because some people may take offensive actions against it? Even if the good it provides outweighs the bad it might invoke? If that were to be the case, nothing would ever get built, not even hospitals.

Upvote 0

HasturX

Apr 25, 2010
✟1,688.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single

But of course.

Why would you make up something like that? Geez, we've had people saying that Obama was the anti-christ, aborted children himself, was a communist muslim from nigera who wanted to bring socialism to the US... and guess what? All those people are still around and their threads died out of apathy after a nice long life of constant bickering.

If you are getting hammered by the rules it's how you are saying things not what you are saying.

Upvote 0