California
✟15,588.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Dont listen to anyone else who doesnt have the same opinion as you? That is irrational. How can anyone take seriously any statement you make after this one?

I never said don't listen to someone who has a different opinion than mine. It's just ridiculous to listen to statements that aren't logical.

Here's a story. There was a guy named Bob who lived in a house in an area with alot of rain with his family. One day it rained so much the city was to evacuate because of flooding. Bobs family wanted to leave but Bob said "don't worry, God will protect me." They all thought Bob was a fool and left. The waters went high, so Bob went on top of his house. A boat passed by and said "hey, hop in, we'll save you" and Bob replied "Nah God will protect me." The waters rose again , lucky there was a tree near by so Bob climbed it. Another boat passed by and Bob said the same thing. Then a helicopter came and Bob said the same thing.
Bob drowned that day and when he went to heaven he asked God why didn't he protect him? And God replied "sheesh I sent two boats and a helicopter but you didn't take them."

• Haha
Reactions: Darkhorse
Upvote 0

Timahani

Jan 6, 2012
United States-Arizona
✟43,111.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
I know everyone freezes when you say the word gun, but in reality: a car in the hand of a fool, a knife, or a gun in the hands of a fool can all be dangerous. Even people with swimming pools who dont watch kids can be dangerous.

One of the things that work in my favor is that I worked in a crisis psychiatris center, the patients would jump on you all the time.They were a danger to themselves and to others.I was the lead crisis control person who would do the take down as well as the calming down of patients. So in reality, I am trained more than most people how to react in a volitile situation, and how to be vigilant and calm. I think if If the person has great moral character. If:
1) they are properly trained
2)able to exercise wisdom under attack.
3) If they only want to feel safe and will ONLY use it in a life or death situation.

I think there is nothing wrong with that. And yes my family is all from the south all the women and men have guns in their cars and homes. We have never had any issues its normal for country folk LOL!

Lastly, I do think prayer over your home and car too is extremely important. Thanks for all the replies.

Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I never said don't listen to someone who has a different opinion than mine. It's just ridiculous to listen to statements that aren't logical.

Here's a story. There was a guy named Bob who lived in a house in an area with alot of rain with his family. One day it rained so much the city was to evacuate because of flooding. Bobs family wanted to leave but Bob said "don't worry, God will protect me." They all thought Bob was a fool and left. The waters went high, so Bob went on top of his house. A boat passed by and said "hey, hop in, we'll save you" and Bob replied "Nah God will protect me." The waters rose again , lucky there was a tree near by so Bob climbed it. Another boat passed by and Bob said the same thing. Then a helicopter came and Bob said the same thing.
Bob drowned that day and when he went to heaven he asked God why didn't he protect him? And God replied "sheesh I sent two boats and a helicopter but you didn't take them."
Logical is subjective. The carnal mind cannot understand the things of God, nor can it. I've heard that story many times. The problem was that the man in question said He would wait on the Lord, yet he knew not how to recognize/hear the voice of the Lord. The time of distress is not the time to start learning how to lean and depend on Christ. You should start now while things are fine.

There, most likely, may come a time when a gun is needed to be used....And When that time comes, if you are depending on the Lord, the Gun and wisdom to use it will be given to you in a way you cant explain and no harm will come to you before or after it's use. No need for warnings, or "be carefuls" or classes, because God would be in control and he wont let any harm come to you.

Now dont be no fool...If you dont know and serve the Lord, by all means, prepare to take care of yourself.....but yets not look down on the ones who are, in the time of trouble, hidden in His pavilion.....in the secret place of His tabernacle.....

Again, I have no problem with you getting a gun and protecting yourself. Im just offering an alternative way for those who would hear it.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Conker
Upvote 0

jimmyjimmy

Pardoned Rebel
Site Supporter
Jan 2, 2015
USA
✟234,973.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
What often gets lost in theses discussions is the fact that God is sovereign, yet man is responsible. These thing are both true. An obvious example of this is found in farming.

Only God can make corn grow, but the farmer must wake early and labor all day, tilling soil, sowing seeds, watering, and harvesting. If he fails at any step, there will be no corn.

If you want to get a gun for self protection, you must get training in self-defense with it. Lots and lots of training. Not just shooting paper targets at the range, but live, repeated, stressful, exercises. You should also prepay for legal defense insurance. Even potentially taking a life is no small matter, for you, God, or the state.

Reactions: Darkhorse
Upvote 0

NothingIsImpossible

May 22, 2015
✟274,922.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
God doesn't have anything against caution and self-defense. Not just guns but self-defense classes. That is not stating we are not trusting in God to protect us, but it's stating we are using the brains He gave us to protect ourselves and our families if there are signs of threat and signs we need caution.

Plenty of Christians get crimes committed against them.
Amen to that.

Its like parents who have a VERY sick child but refuse to bring the child to the doctor. Then the child gets dangerously sick and they refuse to go to the ER. Next thing you know the child dies and the family gets in trouble. The families response "We had faith in God he would be healed and we did not need the doctor! Our son died because it was his time then, God knew this!". NO, wrong. Its fine to have faith in Gods healing, I do every day. But the bible doesn't say don't get help if you need it. God gave doctors knowledge to help us for a reason.

If I drive off a cliff and lay in my car at the bottom as its on fire I'm not going to say "Well God I know my legs are broke and I'm about to die but I pray you teleport me out of here and heal me!". No, I'm going to call 911.

Do I want a gun? Not really. Do I want to use a gun? Not really. But I have parents and a wife (future child at some point) I have to protect. Especially as the world gets worse.

Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Amen to that.

Its like parents who have a VERY sick child but refuse to bring the child to the doctor. Then the child gets dangerously sick and they refuse to go to the ER. Next thing you know the child dies and the family gets in trouble. The families response "We had faith in God he would be healed and we did not need the doctor! Our son died because it was his time then, God knew this!". NO, wrong. Its fine to have faith in Gods healing, I do every day. But the bible doesn't say don't get help if you need it. God gave doctors knowledge to help us for a reason.

If I drive off a cliff and lay in my car at the bottom as its on fire I'm not going to say "Well God I know my legs are broke and I'm about to die but I pray you teleport me out of here and heal me!". No, I'm going to call 911.

Do I want a gun? Not really. Do I want to use a gun? Not really. But I have parents and a wife (future child at some point) I have to protect. Especially as the world gets worse.
Your examples are irrational. You are pointing out the actions of mentally unstable, suicidal people, to contrast with your own views. The unlearned will take it as they should think your way or else they are mentally unstable or suicidal. And this is not the case. The only two sides are the spiritual and the natural......and both sides of all your scenarios are natural.

The time of distress is not the best time to start "depending and trusting God" This is something you should build when everything is good. Try Him and see. If you never tried Him, then you have blind belief, which is not Faith.

If you have never healed yourself or someone else through the power of God, why would you try to start when your child is dying? If you never had a prayer answered, without a doubt, before, Why start having faith in it when you are in a burning car? We are all adults here.

I say it would be best to just speak our opinion and our beliefs without pitting it against the opinion and beliefs of others.

Upvote 0

Galilee63

Dec 14, 2013
Australia
✟43,924.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
If you completely trust in our Lord Jesus and wear His Holy Cross Blessed while taking Jesus Holy Divine Mercy Image with you everywhere then you need not worry after praying to Jesus God Holy Spirit His Holy Divine Mercy Chaplet or Novena daily or to Jesus God Holy Spirit His Holy Wound Chaplet that Jesus delivered Himself to Saint Marie Martha Chambon

I am out most nights through the night and in dark places only been robbed once with the couple getting one item in my handbag because Jesus had guided me with Holy Spirit and Mother Mary to take out my wallet 20 minutes prior to robbery while putting groceries in car

another attempted one Witnessed when two guys set to commit a robbery on a corner store and I gave them Our Lord Jesus Holy Image and they scooted fast thanked me and it was really our Lord Jesus and Mother Mary with Holy Spirit because our Lord Jesus works through every situation if you love Him trust in Him and hand over with a quick Holy Comversion Prayer of Jesus "O Blood and Water which gushed forth from The Heart of Jesus as a Fount of Mercy for us, I trust in You"

All Love faith trust in Jesus completely handing over every problem every situation after repentance of sins made to Jesus regularly

Pray for Children Adults in North Korea if you could suffering persecutions abuses for these to be removed while praying for yourself

No to the gun Love Jesus detests war and violence and guns preferring we hand over our lives hearts souls minds bodies to Him in Love and trust in Consecrating our hearts and souls to His Sacred Heart and to our Blessed Virgin Mother Mary's Holy Immaculate Heart daily for greater protection and for His Holy Will to be done through us

Did you think that Jesus brought this man to you for His Holy Reason to assist through and by Him?

Offer up your earthly fear to Jesus and Holy Spirit God our Heavenly Father and to our Blessed Heavenly Mother for The Holy Souls in Purgatory immersing their Souls in Jesus Abyss of Mercy and Holy Sacred Wounds in Jesus Holy Wound Chaplet with your heart soul immersed in Jesus Ocean of Mercy and Holy Sacred Wounds then wait and see how you feel the Love Peace no fear

Give him a little something next time for fish and chips yet firmly tell him that it can only be in Jesus Holy Will with Holy Spirit God and that God is watching with all of Heaven watching

Upvote 0