Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
CA-Greens
TimeMachine said:
Simple plan is a gay band.

If you love playing drums so much, then learn the drums. Its also good to play the guitar to have a good feel of songs
haha i was going to say the exact same thing about simple plan.

Learn Both

Upvote 0

stonetoflesh

reformed librarie-keeper
Apr 20, 2004
Round Rock, TX
✟11,660.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Drums... Guitar... Hmm. Do you play any other instruments? I would suggest starting with some piano lessons before anything else-- learn to read music and get a solid grounding in harmony, melody & rhythm.
If we're really going to boil this down to drums vs. guitar though... Do you already have access to either instrument? A relative or friend who plays, perhaps? Guitar is probably the cheaper initial investment, and might be easier to find a good teacher depending on where you are. Both drums and guitar can be versatile, and both can turn into major money magnets. I guess it's really up to you-- which one do you like more?

Upvote 0

marduke

I am Me ;)
Feb 10, 2004
✟12,743.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
spacedout said:
Both drums and guitar can be versatile, and both can turn into major money magnets. I guess it's really up to you-- which one do you like more?

lol i know all about that, i wanted to spend a certain amount on my guitar setup, but i ended up going $400AUD over... lol
but i think you should try both first see which you think youd enjoy more then take it from there. im a bit biased towards the guitar.. lol but i think drums are cool too.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

drumbum

Oct 14, 2004
San Diego
✟7,943.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
drums are way better, but if you're always singing along to songs and have a good voice, you might be better suited to the guitar.

i agree that piano lessons would probably be best to start off with, cause then you could pick up guitar and drums so much faster.

whatever you do pick, though, stick with it....

Upvote 0
S

Stairway

Robinfanandbeastboyfan said:
I might pick the drums.I was thinking of having my friend teach me the piano.I am not a huge fan of it,but then again we learned to read music notes in 5th grade.
Stairway,that avatar is freaking me out.Run the monsters are taking over the world.AAHHH!Lol.

My avatar, takes that as a compiment. Just so you know, there are much better bands than simple plan. I suggest you start listening to the likes of; Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, The Who, Queen, Van Halen, Rush, Neil Young, The Beatles, The Doors, The Rolling Stones, Cream etc.

Seriously, take me up on this, and listen to those bands, and it will change the way you look at music. If you like punk, listen to The Clash.

Upvote 0

The Shasta

Spectacular! Spectacular!
Dec 13, 2004
Minocqua, WI
Visit site
✟512.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Stairway said:
My avatar, takes that as a compiment. Just so you know, there are much better bands than simple plan. I suggest you start listening to the likes of; Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, The Who, Queen, Van Halen, Rush, Neil Young, The Beatles, The Doors, The Rolling Stones, Cream etc.

Seriously, take me up on this, and listen to those bands, and it will change the way you look at music. If you like punk, listen to The Clash.

Nay, if you like punk, listen to Against Me! (the "!" is apart of the name). Though I do agree. Simple Plan is a talentless band. Seriously. They paricipated in the Scooby Doo 2 album >_<. Listen to classic rock and then up. Even classical. I listened to classical for a LONG time and it really, truly helps you define and understand music. Music theory rocks.

Classic Rock - Queen, The Doors, Led Zeppelin
Punk - Against Me!, Refused, or even Ramones!
Classical - Ravel, Motzart, Nobuo Uematsu, Howard Baer (celtic, but whatever)
Goth/Black Metal - Malice Mizer, Emperian Sky, Dir en Grey (I really don't like black metal lol)
Indie - In Pieces (freakin awesome band!)
Other - James Taylor, Styx, and some others...

So, there. Simple Plan < Any of the items listed above.

P.S. Drum. The world needs more drummers. For every 20 guitarists I know of, I know 1 good drummer. It really sucks.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

jugglindrummer

i think, therefore i am
Mar 18, 2004
USA
✟323.00
Faith
Christian
learn drums AND the guitar. That's what i did. It is a challenge to sing and play drums though, (at least for me anyway). I'm currently working on that now, 'cause the people @ my church just figured out that i can sing, so they want me to play the drums and sing. takes some work. But yeah, i learned the basics on the drums first, it gave me the fundamentals of rhythm to be able to start guitar. Then i learned the music theory and scales and stuff. (mostly 'cause i didn't want people to think of me as just a dumb drummer lol)

Upvote 0

Breetai

For I am not ashamed of the Gospel...
Dec 3, 2003
✟23,820.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Robinfanandbeastboyfan said:
I am already a vocalist and slowly forming a band.I am taking this poll.I can never stop singing,taping,or humming to the guitar beats.My throat hurt on Thursday from singing.I haven`t sang for a few days.
I'd suggest learning the drums. They're really fun and lots of people would want a female drummer in their band! It's impressive.

I'd be awesome if you'd learn both too! You could practice the drums when when people don't mind the noise and then practive the guitar anytime and anywhere just about!

Upvote 0