Should I function in Society with my illness?

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟300,189.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I've tried diets, supplements, detoxing, exercise, not eating, tried everything. Still the explosive odor comes every few minutes.

This article may be related to your case (it may sound familiar and perhaps the cause of your problem):

Bacteria in your gut: 4 healthy habits - CNN.com

Pasted From the article:

In contrast, an outsize number of less-beneficial flora -- which proliferate with a diet high in sugar, fat, and processed food -- can cause gas, discomfort, bloating and inflammation. The flora can also emit chemicals that compromise the intestinal lining, says Lita Proctor, of the Human Microbiome Project at the National Institutes of Health.

"This so-called 'leaky gut' allows nonnutritive materials to slip into our bodies and affect how we feel."

It might be the reason why you smell strongly of what you eat because unwanted stuff is getting into your bloodstream directly from your gut if the lining got damaged.. The article provides some remedies.

Additional remedies in relation to the article (colon cleansing, removing harmful bacteria from gut, more results if you google):

Home Remedies for Colon Cleansing | Top 10 Home Remedies

Top 5 Natural Remedies for Colon Cleansing

And if the article is right and harmful flora have compromised your intestinal lining that is causing the smells, you may have to maintain these regimes until a balanced gut flora is restored and the intestinal lining healed which will take some time.

Restoring Intestinal lining / flora:

The Four Rs: How to Restore Optimal Gut Health

Restore intestinal flora and eliminate constipation

List of Fermented Foods & Vegetables that Can Heal Your Gut

Last edited:
Upvote 0

gerbilwoman

Gerbil Queen
Site Supporter
Jun 9, 2014
USA
✟437,551.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
hi Females are required to function in society . God says that a female is the director of all things .
But if they can't function they can't function. God understands some people have disabilities.

• Agree
Reactions: Anguspure
Upvote 0

gerbilwoman

Gerbil Queen
Site Supporter
Jun 9, 2014
USA
✟437,551.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Angel, I myself am living off SSI at the moment. Your purpose doesn't have to be through employment. You can spread awareness about your illness, you can sign online petitions for causes you care about (check out www.change.org) among other things that could be your purpose. If you can work, great, but if you can't you can't. God loves you.

• Agree
Reactions: Anguspure
Upvote 0

paul becke

Site Supporter
Jul 12, 2003
Edinburgh, Scotland.
✟205,214.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Politics
UK-Labour
Males are prone to use banter, if breaking wind, for instance, causes exclamations from their pals. Well, in the forces, no one would dream of apologising for it ! Would scarcely notice it, unless challenged ; whereupon of course, they would probably create a humorous narrative, threatening to persecute them with more of the same or worse - or some such nonsense. Eventually, it would be explained, of course, and tolerance shown. Not that that would necessarily stop them from expostulating loudly at each new emission or menacing thunder-clap ! But seemingly paradoxically, greater kindness is found in the military than in civil society, and more so among manual workers in civil society.

I don't know if that would help you, until you manage to get your condition treated, if you are a male ; much less, if a female. Banter is dodgy territory with females. They can easily misinterpret it as cattiness, instead of rising to the occasion, taking it in the spirit of fun (and, oddly, affection), in which it was intended, or perhaps, giving as good as they get in response !
Incidentally, the fact that our main purpose here is to contribute our share of redemptive suffering in Christ is a truism, does not, of course, make it any the less true. Our sufferings, however, also give us a capacity for joy.

Upvote 0

paul becke

Site Supporter
Jul 12, 2003
Edinburgh, Scotland.
✟205,214.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Politics
UK-Labour
Angel, I myself am living off SSI at the moment. Your purpose doesn't have to be through employment. You can spread awareness about your illness, you can sign online petitions for causes you care about (check out www.change.org) among other things that could be your purpose. If you can work, great, but if you can't you can't. God loves you.

Well spoken, gerbilgirl.

Reactions: gerbilwoman
Upvote 0

tienkhoanguyen

non-denominational Christian
Dec 17, 2016
Houston, TX
✟1,815.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
For some people with disabilities and deformities it's possible to still function in society. My illness as I have mentioned it before is not one that I believe it is possible to function in society at all.

So what is it God would have me do with my life with a disability that is such?

I am working on my own business because this disease makes me subject to ridicule and mistreatment by employers and coworkers. I have to either stay single forever or marry someone like me or warn everyone I date about my illness. I feel utterly shunned from society and feel like what's the point of trying. Society I'd for normal people. I'm wondering if I should even try to live and function in this society like a normal person or if I should just say whatever and do what I want with mt life since this disease takes the joy out of whatever I do so that I could be homeless and suffering or with a house and car and suffering still. Seems like what good is anything if people can't even stand to be around you and treat you like less than a human being. At least if I had cancer or something people would care. What I have no one even knows about and so I get mocked and bullied.

My liver is messed up so that I give off awful smells of whatever I eat or put on and I do not have the money or compassion from the medical community to receive help.

I am excluded by people from virtually everything. I found a support groups for people like me, but I feel that my life is utterly worthless. I am only 25 and i've had this for 5 years and i've prayed. And I do not intend to end myself and condemn myself to the lake of fire....

If God doesn't cure me what else could he possibly use someone like me for? Everyone I come in contact with ridicules me and my suffering seems to never end. I've went into debt trying to fix myself and losing support of family members.

I feel like there is no point to my suffering. How can God possibly get any glory out of seeing me be ridiculed daily for an odor from my liver which I can not control. Wondering if my liver will just give out one day....
Don't worry. I know GOD is a just GOD. I once had it all, but I lost the chance to be normal. I committed a sin and became retarded. In time my mind has mastered the language to community, but I can tell by looking in the mirror I am retarded looking.

Upvote 0

Anguspure

Kaitiaki Peacemakers NZ
Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2011
New Zealand
✟125,935.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
For some people with disabilities and deformities it's possible to still function in society. My illness as I have mentioned it before is not one that I believe it is possible to function in society at all.

I am working on my own business because this disease makes me subject to ridicule and mistreatment by employers and coworkers. I have to either stay single forever or marry someone like me or warn everyone I date about my illness. I feel utterly shunned from society and feel like what's the point of trying. Society I'd for normal people. I'm wondering if I should even try to live and function in this society like a normal person or if I should just say whatever and do what I want with mt life since this disease takes the joy out of whatever I do so that I could be homeless and suffering or with a house and car and suffering still. Seems like what good is anything if people can't even stand to be around you and treat you like less than a human being. At least if I had cancer or something people would care. What I have no one even knows about and so I get mocked and bullied.

My liver is messed up so that I give off awful smells of whatever I eat or put on and I do not have the money or compassion from the medical community to receive help.

I am excluded by people from virtually everything. I found a support groups for people like me, but I feel that my life is utterly worthless. I am only 25 and i've had this for 5 years and i've prayed. And I do not intend to end myself and condemn myself to the lake of fire....

If God doesn't cure me what else could he possibly use someone like me for? Everyone I come in contact with ridicules me and my suffering seems to never end. I've went into debt trying to fix myself and losing support of family members.

I feel like there is no point to my suffering. How can God possibly get any glory out of seeing me be ridiculed daily for an odor from my liver which I can not control. Wondering if my liver will just give out one day....
I have a very good friend, who is now family to me, who struggles with the same sort of thing.
What he has found more important than anything is having close and gentle friends who know how to encourage and empower Him. The Love of Jesus is not some ethereal thing in this respect rather it really needs to come through the people around us, people who will never leave us alone but rather have us in their homes eating and gently living with one another, and sharing one another's burdens.
All power to you mate, of course you can be used, and are being used even now. My friend is now on the verge of supporting himself with a gardening business and is also helping others with the same difficulties as he has. In spite, but also because, of his difficulties he is an image of Christ Jesus to all of us who deal with him.
“Whoever welcomes one of these little children in my name welcomes me; and whoever welcomes me does not welcome me but the one who sent me.” (Mark 9)
We should all realize that in the Kingdom it is the least who become the greatest in Him. Rest in Him my friend and He will lift you up.

Upvote 0

Angeleyes7715

Dec 13, 2015
US
✟90,092.00
Country
United States
Faith
Apostolic
Marital Status
In Relationship
I have a very good friend, who is now family to me, who struggles with the same sort of thing.
What he has found more important than anything is having close and gentle friends who know how to encourage and empower Him. The Love of Jesus is not some ethereal thing in this respect rather it really needs to come through the people around us, people who will never leave us alone but rather have us in their homes eating and gently living with one another, and sharing one another's burdens.
All power to you mate, of course you can be used, and are being used even now. My friend is now on the verge of supporting himself with a gardening business and is also helping others with the same difficulties as he has. In spite, but also because, of his difficulties he is an image of Christ Jesus to all of us who deal with him.
“Whoever welcomes one of these little children in my name welcomes me; and whoever welcomes me does not welcome me but the one who sent me.” (Mark 9)
We should all realize that in the Kingdom it is the least who become the greatest in Him. Rest in Him my friend and He will lift you up.
How did he make friends with the problem?

Upvote 0

Anguspure

Kaitiaki Peacemakers NZ
Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2011
New Zealand
✟125,935.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
How did he make friends with the problem?
His friends are all people who live for Christ and hold the Love of Christ as being more important than the unpleasant side of his sickness. I first met him sitting apologetically in the back of a church service in a church he had been attending for a couple of years and invited in home for lunch ...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Far Side Of the Moon

" The moon is high& the stars are aligned" :)
Mar 11, 2016
Georgia
✟30,290.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat

I feel like I know you...were u on another site called sas? Anywho, the only thing we can do is press on and hold on to god...god never said its be easy in fact he said the way would be narrow.... We can't give up...I'm also 25 and I have bad anxiety to the point its probably best I forget about a husband because I feel too broken, at least right now. But you aren't alone.

Upvote 0

rturner76

Domine non-sum dignus
Site Supporter
May 10, 2011
Twin Cities
✟734,987.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
God can put his mighty hand on you and use you for anything..God only cares that you're human...you make it sound like God can't do anything...

In @Angeleyes7715 defense, while we are in the midst of our suffering, God can feel very far away. Sometimes we feel that he is bringing down wrath upon us and we don't feel the strength of Job in the moment so we cry out "Why me?"

In time hopefully we do come to be grateful for what we do have and the suffering doesn't seem so unbearable but while in the midst of tribulation,it can feel like forever before we find some relief.

Reactions: Jenniferdiana
Upvote 0

Jenniferdiana

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2016
louisiana
✟174,739.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
In @Angeleyes7715 defense, while we are in the midst of our suffering, God can feel very far away. Sometimes we feel that he is bringing down wrath upon us and we don't feel the strength of Job in the moment so we cry out "Why me?"

In time hopefully we do come to be grateful for what we do have and the suffering doesn't seem so unbearable but while in the midst of tribulation,it can feel like forever before we find some relief.
I know what you mean...I know what it is like

Upvote 0