• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

3. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  4. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  5. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  6. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.

Should I be afraid to fly?

Discussion in 'Psychosis and Schizophrenia' started by SnowTiger, Oct 17, 2020.

1. SnowTiger

SnowTiger Well-Known Member Supporter

+900
    Christian
    Single
    Hi,

I'm currently having a dilemma. I want to apply to the JET program so I can teach English in Japan, but I'm really afraid of flying. What makes things worse is that I feel like I received signs from God that might mean that I will die in a plane crash. I'm not totally sure that that is what the signs meant, but I'm worried about it. I've been praying to God that he will tell me somehow if it is okay to do the JET program, but I'm not getting any response.

Anyone have advice?

Thanks,

SnowTiger

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. BobRyan

BobRyan Junior Member

+4,458
    United States
    SDA
    Married
    Why do you want to teach english in Japan?

3. SnowTiger

+900
    Christian
    Single
    Well, my brother teaches Englisn in China and he really likes it. Also, I'm having a lot of trouble finding work in the United States, so I figure I should try overseas.

4. Kenny'sID

Kenny'sID Well-Known Member Supporter

+6,160
    Christian
    Single
    Think about it, if God wanted to send you a sign, he is perfectly capable of making it clear. So, I would say, he has not done that, and in all sincerity, I think you are letting your imagination get away from you.

Not sure if there is some kind of therapy for that or not, or if once you realize God had nothing to do with this, maybe you could get over it on your own?

Sounds like a nice adventure to me...dont let unreasonable fears take it away from you.

5. NerdGirl123

NerdGirl123 If only we could be ourselves...

+1,341
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    2 Timothy 1:7 For God has not given us a spirit of fear and timidity, but of power, love, and self-discipline.

6. SnowTiger

+900
    Christian
    Single
    It is true that God doesn't want us to be afraid. The good voice I hear has told me that I shouldn't pay attention to magical signs because I don't know who these signs are from. For some reason I keep believing these signs that I got were from God even though they make me very afraid. Maybe they aren't from God?

Thank you for all your help, everyone.

7. Richard T

Richard T Well-Known Member

+752
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Single
    You seem to have a lot going on with very little discernment. You have this fear based on a potential sign. What you need is a word from God. I would pray and get more faith from scripture concerning what you are to do about Japan. Once you hear from Him, you should be set. If you are just going for a job only though, you could also just pray through until you get a job here. Either way, you need an encounter with the Holy Spirit who will lead, guide and help you find your way. Also, in case you did not know, you can cruise from Seattle or Alaska to Tokyo. Kind of expensive though and takes about 10 days.