Should Christians support Rebuilding of Jerusalem Third Temple.

Should Christians support Jerusalem Third Temple?

• Yes... the words of Ezekiel must come to pass.

Votes: 9 12.5%
  • No.... it will lead to the rise of the Anti-Christ fellow.

• Yes.... living waters will flow from the restored Third Temple.

Votes: 2 2.8%
  • No... Christians must not support animal sacrifice.

Votes: 38 52.8%
  • I am not certain but I will research this question further.

• No... this could cause a war to break out.

Votes: 5 6.9%

• Total voters

Righttruth

Site Supporter
Jan 13, 2015
✟176,910.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Had you been one with the upbringing of the English language and it's multi usages, I would have pegged you correctly. Understanding that most likely English is your second/definitely not your native language, will generate a different format of responses from me towards you.

But you did throw me for a loop. And now, it's as clear as the sun shining through a clean plane of glass.
You may be right somewhat here!

Reactions: servantofiam
Upvote 0

miknik5

"Let not your heart be troubled"
Jun 9, 2016
USA
✟101,414.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No, he was referring to the existing 2nd temple
Really so God who holds all things back was taken out of the way?
So God was delayed 21 days already?

What are you saying?

Thessalonians clearly states that He who holds all things back must first be taken out of the way for the man of sin and for sin to have full reign

Upvote 0

miknik5

Jun 9, 2016
USA
✟101,414.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It has been more than four decades since I received Christ. I have already published three books: "Why I am A Believer In Christ"(A story of a Hindu Devanga Brahmin), "Can A Christian Marry, Divorce And Remarry?" and "Did Saint Paul Deviate From The Gospel". Complimentary copies of these books have been sent all over the world by airmail. They are available with amazon.com
Kindle versions are also available. Besides these I have published two books on travel: "Wisdom, Human Spirit And Travel" and "Artful Argentina And Awesome Antarctica".

I have also published a book on importance of adult immersion baptism in our native language.

With all that you have claimed, your direct and indirect support to building a third temple speaks ill of your responsibility of waiting for the Lord!
Do you wish to warn your older ignorant Jewish brother who waits to build a temple so as to reinstate animal sacrifices thinking this is proper worship

And does this speak ill of the younger Christian brother who does wish to warn his older jewish brother that though a temple will be rebuilt, it shouldn’t be as Christ is already building The Temple that belongs to God

Upvote 0

miknik5

Jun 9, 2016
USA
✟101,414.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This is what the topic of this thread is about. And though you are saved and understand that there shouldn’t be another temple built, how do you deny that there will be another temple built by those ignorant of the Truth in Christ because they are NOT.... IN CHRIST

Upvote 0

Righttruth

Site Supporter
Jan 13, 2015
✟176,910.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Really so God who holds all things back was taken out of the way?
So God was delayed 21 days already?

What are you saying?

Thessalonians clearly states that He who holds all things back must first be taken out of the way for the man of sin and for sin to have full reign
Thessalonians refers to existing second temple

Upvote 0

Righttruth

Site Supporter
Jan 13, 2015
✟176,910.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
This is what the topic of this thread is about. And though you are saved and understand that there shouldn’t be another temple built, how do you deny that there will be another temple built by those ignorant of the Truth in Christ because they are NOT.... IN CHRIST
I am least bothered about temple building. True Christians should not support that with their own interpretation of the writings.

Upvote 0

miknik5

Jun 9, 2016
USA
✟101,414.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Thessalonians refers to existing second temple
Then HE who holds all things back has been taken out of the way.

For the only way the man of sin can be revealed and found sitting in the temple is when HE who holds all things back is taken out of the way.

So please, if you’d be so kind, expound all of 2 Thessalonians 2

• Useful
Reactions: DennisTate
Upvote 0

Righttruth

Site Supporter
Jan 13, 2015
✟176,910.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

For the only way the man of sin can be revealed and found sitting in the temple is when HE who holds all things back is taken out of the way.

I have a busy schedule for a few days. I will try to express my opinion on this later. Please have patience

• Useful
Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
In the grand scheme of things it does not much matter, for biblical prophecies, mainly in the old testament will surely come to pass, with or without the help of christians

In a way..... you are somewhat correct......
but a Mr. Eporu Ronald Alfred wrote an insightful article on God raising up a "Christian Political Cyrus" back in 2010..... and it seems to me that we may well be living in the time period of the fulfillment of that prediction based on Isaiah 45.

I quote his article in post #1 here:

Do you believe a massive Holy Spirit tsunami is coming?

Upvote 0

Righttruth

Site Supporter
Jan 13, 2015
✟176,910.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

You may want to take a look at various commentaries available online. I am giving one of those, particularly related to third temple supposition:
The characters here given, 2 Thess. 2:4. (1.) That he opposes and exalts himself above all that is called God, or is worshipped; and thus have the bishops of Rome not only opposed God’s authority, and that of the civil magistrates, who are called gods, but have exalted themselves above God and earthly governors, in demanding greater regard to their commands than to the commands of God or the magistrate. (2.) As God, he sits in the temple of God, showing himself that he is God. As God was in the temple of old, and worshipped there, and is in and with his church now, so the antichrist here mentioned is some usurper of God’s authority in the Christian church, who claims divine honours; and to whom can this better apply than to the bishops of Rome, to whom the most blasphemous titles have been given, as Dominus Deus noster papa—Our Lord God the pope; Deus alter in terrâ—Another God on earth; Idem est dominium Dei et papae—The dominion of God and the pope is the same?

So there is no question of building a new physical temple now.

• Informative
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
You may want to take a look at various commentaries available online. I am giving one of those, particularly related to third temple supposition:
The characters here given, 2 Thess. 2:4. (1.) That he opposes and exalts himself above all that is called God, or is worshipped; and thus have the bishops of Rome not only opposed God’s authority, and that of the civil magistrates, who are called gods, but have exalted themselves above God and earthly governors, in demanding greater regard to their commands than to the commands of God or the magistrate. (2.) As God, he sits in the temple of God, showing himself that he is God. As God was in the temple of old, and worshipped there, and is in and with his church now, so the antichrist here mentioned is some usurper of God’s authority in the Christian church, who claims divine honours; and to whom can this better apply than to the bishops of Rome, to whom the most blasphemous titles have been given, as Dominus Deus noster papa—Our Lord God the pope; Deus alter in terrâ—Another God on earth; Idem est dominium Dei et papae—The dominion of God and the pope is the same?

Have you heard what Rabbi Jonathan Kahn says about the Jerusalem Third Temple?

Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives

Good question..... it sure looks to me like the latter half of the seven year period of time cannot happen until the death and resurrection of the two witnesses????/

Here is an impressive forum on the construction of the Ezekiel Temple Complex...... (which is actually a separate question from a Temple Mount Third Temple)!

Theology of the Third Temple - Forum

Upvote 0

iamlamad

Lamad
Jun 8, 2013
Home in Tulsa
✟101,867.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Good question..... it sure looks to me like the latter half of the seven year period of time cannot happen until the death and resurrection of the two witnesses????/

Here is an impressive forum on the construction of the Ezekiel Temple Complex...... (which is actually a separate question from a Temple Mount Third Temple)!

Theology of the Third Temple - Forum
it sure looks to me like the latter half of the seven year period of time cannot happen until the death and resurrection of the two witnesses????

You are mistaken: verses 11:4 through 11:13 are written as a parenthesis. They are NOT in John's chronology.

These two witnesses show up right there in chapter 11, which is just days before the midpoint. They testify for 1260 days, which takes them to just 3.5 days before the end of the week. They are then killed, and lay dead for those 3.5 days, they are raised to life at the 7th vial where ALL the Old Testament saints are risen. That earthquake in chapter 11 is the very same earthquake at the 7th vial.

You see, all five mentions of this 3.5 year period of time are for the LAST half of the week. The 70th week is marked with 7's: the 7th seal opens the week, the 7th trumpet marks the midpoint and the 7th vial ends the week. Notice that all five mentions of this 3.5 year period of time are found in chapters 11, 12, and 13. They are midpoint chapters.

Verse 11:1-2, the man of sin enters Jerusalem. He MUST get to Jerusalem to enter the temple in Jerusalem. He comes with Gentile armies that will trample the city.

Then the two witnesses show up because He showed up That is verse 3. But then John takes us down the last half of the week with them only, as a parenthesis. For chronology, it is
11:1-2 probably just 3.5 days before the midpoint
11:3 just 3.5 days before the midpoint.
11:14-15 The 7th trumpet marks the midpoint
12:6 those who SEE the abomination run for their lives.

• Useful
Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
it sure looks to me like the latter half of the seven year period of time cannot happen until the death and resurrection of the two witnesses????

You are mistaken: verses 11:4 through 11:13 are written as a parenthesis. They are NOT in John's chronology.

These two witnesses show up right there in chapter 11, which is just days before the midpoint. They testify for 1260 days, which takes them to just 3.5 days before the end of the week. They are then killed, and lay dead for those 3.5 days, they are raised to life at the 7th vial where ALL the Old Testament saints are risen. That earthquake in chapter 11 is the very same earthquake at the 7th vial.

You see, all five mentions of this 3.5 year period of time are for the LAST half of the week. The 70th week is marked with 7's: the 7th seal opens the week, the 7th trumpet marks the midpoint and the 7th vial ends the week. Notice that all five mentions of this 3.5 year period of time are found in chapters 11, 12, and 13. They are midpoint chapters.

Verse 11:1-2, the man of sin enters Jerusalem. He MUST get to Jerusalem to enter the temple in Jerusalem. He comes with Gentile armies that will trample the city.

Then the two witnesses show up because He showed up That is verse 3. But then John takes us down the last half of the week with them only, as a parenthesis. For chronology, it is
11:1-2 probably just 3.5 days before the midpoint
11:3 just 3.5 days before the midpoint.
11:14-15 The 7th trumpet marks the midpoint
12:6 those who SEE the abomination run for their lives.

Or... the original Hebrew or Greek may have had no parenthesis and the punctuation may have been added by translators.........

Upvote 0

iamlamad

Lamad
Jun 8, 2013
Home in Tulsa
✟101,867.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married

The man of sin - a real flesh and blood man - will enter the new Jewish temple and declare he is GOD! (It is the abomination). The 7th trumpet will mark this time in heaven. The 7th trumpet is also Michael's time to go after Satan to cast him down. I believe the moment Satan is cast down, he will possess this man of sin, who will then become the BEAST of Rev. 13.

Remember, this is the 70th week - for DANIEL'S people, not for the church. Those in Judea will flee, and the devil, using the Beast, will go after them - but failing to capture them, will then turn to all those who live Jesus - only a remnant, for the rapture took out the main body pretrib. Then will begin the days of GT.

Some imagine he will be catholic. I don't. the Catholics may have deceived millions, but this Beast will deceive the ENTIRE world - save those whose names are written in heaven. This will be FAR bigger than the Catholic church, even bigger than Islam is today - but my guess is, it will BE Islam! Only The Beast will tell everyone HE is allah. And He will have false miracles to prove it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

iamlamad

Lamad
Jun 8, 2013
Home in Tulsa
✟101,867.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Or... the original Hebrew or Greek may have had no parenthesis and the punctuation may have been added by translators.........
They certainly knew what parentheses were, but had no marks to show them. Neither have English translators shown them. We discover them by study.

• Useful
Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Remember, this is the 70th week - for DANIEL'S people, not for the church.

Based on Matthew 10:5-7, and Romans 1:16, and Galatians 1:14-18, the 70th week of Daniel was the time the Gospel was taken "first" to the Jewish people during the first century before Paul took the Gospel to the Gentiles.

Act 28:17 And it came to pass, that after three days Paul called the chief of the Jews together: and when they were come together, he said unto them, Men and brethren, though I have committed nothing against the people, or customs of our fathers, yet was I delivered prisoner from Jerusalem into the hands of the Romans.
Act 28:18 Who, when they had examined me, would have let me go, because there was no cause of death in me.
Act 28:19 But when the Jews spake against it, I was constrained to appeal unto Caesar; not that I had ought to accuse my nation of.
Act 28:20 For this cause therefore have I called for you, to see you, and to speak with you: because that for the hope of Israel I am bound with this chain.
Act 28:21 And they said unto him, We neither received letters out of Judaea concerning thee, neither any of the brethren that came shewed or spake any harm of thee.
Act 28:22 But we desire to hear of thee what thou thinkest: for as concerning this sect, we know that every where it is spoken against.
Act 28:23 And when they had appointed him a day, there came many to him into his lodging; to whom he expounded and testified the kingdom of God, persuading them concerning Jesus, both out of the law of Moses, and out of the prophets, from morning till evening.
Act 28:24 And some believed the things which were spoken, and some believed not.
Act 28:25 And when they agreed not among themselves, they departed, after that Paul had spoken one word, Well spake the Holy Ghost by Esaias the prophet unto our fathers,
Act 28:26 Saying, Go unto this people, and say, Hearing ye shall hear, and shall not understand; and seeing ye shall see, and not perceive:
Act 28:27 For the heart of this people is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes have they closed; lest they should see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and understand with their heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them.
Act 28:28 Be it known therefore unto you, that the salvation of God is sent unto the Gentiles, and that they will hear it.
Act 28:29 And when he had said these words, the Jews departed, and had great reasoning among themselves.
Act 28:30 And Paul dwelt two whole years in his own hired house, and received all that came in unto him,
Act 28:31 Preaching the kingdom of God, and teaching those things which concern the Lord Jesus Christ, with all confidence, no man forbidding him.

Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
They certainly knew what parentheses were, but had no marks to show them. Neither have English translators shown them. We discover them by study.

Yes... but errors in translation were a possibility that was made clear in Revelation could happen.....

Revelation 22:
18 For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book:

19 And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.

Ask yourself.... if the scriptures related to the gruesome death of the Messiah were to come to pass..... do you really think that Messiah Yeshua - Jesus will just forget all about Ezekiel chapter 47??????

Luke 24:25
25 Then he said unto them, O fools, and slow of heart to believe all that the prophets have spoken:

Upvote 0

Silverback

Feb 13, 2019
South East
✟66,766.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
One of the best arguments that I have ran into as to why
Christians should support the Orthodox Jewish community
in their desire to rebuild their Jerusalem Third Temple is
a statement by Rabbi Yeshua - Jesus:

"Then he said unto them, O fools, and slow of heart to believe all that the prophets have spoken:"

So... all that the prophets have spoken would include Ezekiel chapters 40 - 48 that
clearly describe the restored Jerusalem Third Temple as part of the Era of Messiah / Moshiach.... .the millennial rule of Messiah over all the earth.

Also:
Luke 13:35

"Behold, your house is left unto you desolate: and verily I say unto you, Ye shall not see me, until the time come when ye shall say, Blessed is he that cometh in the name of the Lord."

Was Ezekiel blessed?

Did Ezekiel come in the name of the Lord?

Is Christianity relatively desolate due to our having forgotten the words of the Prophets?
One of the best arguments that I have ran into as to why
Christians should support the Orthodox Jewish community
in their desire to rebuild their Jerusalem Third Temple is
a statement by Rabbi Yeshua - Jesus:

"Then he said unto them, O fools, and slow of heart to believe all that the prophets have spoken:"

So... all that the prophets have spoken would include Ezekiel chapters 40 - 48 that
clearly describe the restored Jerusalem Third Temple as part of the Era of Messiah / Moshiach.... .the millennial rule of Messiah over all the earth.

Also:
Luke 13:35

"Behold, your house is left unto you desolate: and verily I say unto you, Ye shall not see me, until the time come when ye shall say, Blessed is he that cometh in the name of the Lord."

Was Ezekiel blessed?

Did Ezekiel come in the name of the Lord?

Is Christianity relatively desolate due to our having forgotten the words of the Prophets?

No, there will not be a third temple. Amilinial sorry.

Upvote 0

miknik5

Jun 9, 2016
USA
✟101,414.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

I don’t look at men’s notes on what God has been said to have meant by His Word

I believe what God says to me through His (own) Word

• Winner
Reactions: BABerean2
Upvote 0