Should Christians follow Christ's example?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wannabeadesigirl

Dec 28, 2007
✟17,294.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Green
No. I don't think so at all... :p

Seriously though is there a motive behind this question? It seems to me there might be because it's an obvious question with an obvious answer, on first observation.

Jesus openly spoke about things that were wrong in his culture, and very rarely did he beat around the bush by asking questions. So drop the other shoe (if there is one), follow Jesus' example and get to the point please.

And I think the question should be yes. That's obvious.

Upvote 0

timlamb

Senior Veteran
Feb 22, 2006
Entiat Washington
✟11,480.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Yes, I am going somewhere with this.

The Psalms are very prophetic of Christ. I would say following Psalm one would put you in step with Christ as a Christ Follower, which is my definition of a Christian.:thumbsup:

Upvote 0

Floatingaxe

Apr 14, 2007
Ontario, Canada
✟22,726.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Seeing as "Christian" means "little Christ" at its origin, it follows logically that one who is a Christian follows after Jesus Christ in all His ways--including death for one's faith, if required of him/her.

John 14:12
“I tell you the truth, anyone who believes in me will do the same works I have done, and even greater works, because I am going to be with the Father.

There shouldn't be a catch to this, but I'll bite.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Nadiine

Apr 14, 2006
Obama: 53% deserve him ;)
✟292,219.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
And the example of Jesus Christ is to love, right? After all, "God is love."
Are we all in agreement there as well?
yep (as long as love is defined properly)
:)

Reactions: PeacaHeaven
Upvote 0

timlamb

Senior Veteran
Feb 22, 2006
Entiat Washington
✟11,480.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
yep (as long as love is defined properly)
:)

AMEN!! "God is love" is such a shallow discription of what God really is. And most people don't understand what love is, the complete act of love. Love is not complete without righteousness and justice, for example.

Upvote 0

timlamb

Senior Veteran
Feb 22, 2006
Entiat Washington
✟11,480.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Seeing as "Christian" means "little Christ" at its origin, it follows logically that one who is a Christian follows after Jesus Christ in all His ways--including death for one's faith, if required of him/her.

John 14:12
“I tell you the truth, anyone who believes in me will do the same works I have done, and even greater works, because I am going to be with the Father.

There shouldn't be a catch to this, but I'll bite.

So is a theologian actually a "little theolog"?:D

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Dogbean

Matt 7:24-27 - Standing on the Rock
Jun 12, 2005
Monterey, CA
✟10,262.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Politics
US-Republican
I feel something against war or the crusades coming.
Laughs........no it's not that. Something much simpler. Just something to make us all think of what we do on the internet.

I'll go ahead and let it out now. I hear the liberal Christians on here crying and whining that we don't follow the teachings of Jesus. They reject the Bible, but say we have to only follow the teachings and example of Christ.

Would Jesus Christ go around and pretend he is one thing to one group of people and another thing to a different group?

I am speaking of people that are members of this board who pretend to be Christians while they are here, and then go to another board and speak with vulgar language, and slander us, and say all kinds of horrible things. Do you think Jesus would do that? Would our Lord approve of such behavior, or engage in it Himself? I think not. Thoughts?

Upvote 0

Floatingaxe

Apr 14, 2007
Ontario, Canada
✟22,726.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Laughs........no it's not that. Something much simpler. Just something to make us all think of what we do on the internet.

I'll go ahead and let it out now. I hear the liberal Christians on here crying and whining that we don't follow the teachings of Jesus. They reject the Bible, but say we have to only follow the teachings and example of Christ.

Would Jesus Christ go around and pretend he is one thing to one group of people and another thing to a different group?

I am speaking of people that are members of this board who pretend to be Christians while they are here, and then go to another board and speak with vulgar language, and slander us, and say all kinds of horrible things. Do you think Jesus would do that? Would our Lord approve of such behavior, or engage in it Himself? I think not. Thoughts?

I know exactly what you mean...I've been the subject of that ill-treatment, and I've seen two or three of those boards.

It's hypocrisy in its most blatant form, easy to see, out there in all it's "glory".

Last edited:
Upvote 0

wannabeadesigirl

Dec 28, 2007
✟17,294.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Green
Let's remember it's not just in the liberal camp either. I've been under alot of spiritual abuse from Bible believing brothers in Christ who are far from liberal and, who in their human weakness, gave over to acts of the flesh, and not just on forums.

Christ spoke out against hypocrisy, openly, and with honesty. When we see this form of hypocrisy, how willing are we to confront it with the perpetrators, and how willingly are we to face it in our own lives before we go into it with other people?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.