USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Okay, I think it's been skated around here a bit, but since we're in October now, what's everyone's thoughts on Halloween specifically? Should we be involved, semi-involved, or exclude it entirely?
What does it mean to be involved in halloween? If a child comes and knocks on my door and ask for candy.....would giving it to them, make me involved? Or does one have to take their own children door to door to be involved?

Upvote 0

Spirit of Pentecost

Acts 2:38 Salvation
May 6, 2016
Georgia
✟39,057.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
What does it mean to be involved in halloween? If a child comes and knocks on my door and ask for candy.....would giving it to them, make me involved? Or does one have to take their own children door to door to be involved?
Well, I guess I should have clarified earlier, so this is how I would do that:

Involved -- Kids trick-or-treating, scary movies on the TV, frequent scares, house decorated, jack-o-lanterns, etc.
Semi-involved -- Church trunk-or-treats, minimal (if any) scary movies on TV, no decorations (maybe minimal), no "going all out" as the cliche goes, etc.
Exclude It -- nothing to do with the holiday; no trick-or-treating of any kind, no scares on the TV, no decorations, no nothing "Halloweenish".

This isn't to say that this is how everyone would describe these three "involvements" around Halloween time, but this is generally how I would see it. If there was a complete list of so-called Halloween activities, I could (through my opinions) break them down into their different categories.

Upvote 0