Shoot Migrants' Legs, Build Alligator Moat: Behind Trump's Ideas for Border

SummerMadness

Senior Veteran
Mar 8, 2006
✟331,677.00
Faith
Catholic
Shoot Migrants' Legs, Build Alligator Moat: Behind Trump's Ideas for Border
[T]he president had often talked about fortifying a border wall with a water-filled trench, stocked with snakes or alligators, prompting aides to seek a cost estimate. He wanted the wall electrified, with spikes on top that could pierce human flesh. After publicly suggesting that soldiers shoot migrants if they threw rocks, the president backed off when his staff told him that was illegal. But later in a meeting, aides recalled, he suggested that they shoot migrants in the legs to slow them down. That’s not allowed either, they told him.

When you think of people as less than people, this is the only outcome.

SummerMadness

Senior Veteran
Mar 8, 2006
✟331,677.00
Faith
Catholic
When you can't appreciate over-the-top sarcasm and trolling, the only outcome is Salem, Mass.
Why would you troll your own staff? And when people actually produce a report showing the cost of alligators, it's either you're serious or incompetent in that you would waste your staff's time doing dumb things. Apologism for racist behavior in the administration is nothing new, unfortunately.

Upvote 0

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟493,720.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Why would you troll your own staff? And when people actually produce a report showing the cost of alligators, it's either you're serious or incompetent in that you would waste your staff's time doing dumb things. Apologism for racist behavior in the administration is nothing new, unfortunately.
It's the time-honored "lol jk" tradition of presidents.

• Haha
Reactions: SummerMadness
Upvote 0

SummerMadness

Senior Veteran
Mar 8, 2006
✟331,677.00
Faith
Catholic
The "lol jk" tradition seems to coincide with multiple illegal requests. There also seems to be a problem with the lack of humor... what's funny about shooting migrant families?

Upvote 0

tall73

Sophia7's husband
Site Supporter
Sep 23, 2005
Visit site
✟877,352.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Why would you troll your own staff?

a. Gets impeachment out of the headlines.

b. Trump deals with constant leaks. If you privately ask someone to look into such a solution and bring reports, and it leaks, then that tells you who the leak is.

• Useful
Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0

SummerMadness

Senior Veteran
Mar 8, 2006
✟331,677.00
Faith
Catholic
a. Gets impeachment out of the headlines.

b. Trump deals with constant leaks. If you privately ask someone to look into such a solution and bring reports, and it leaks, then that tells you who the leak is.
This occurred in March, not last month. Your argument is illogical.

Upvote 0

tall73

Sophia7's husband
Site Supporter
Sep 23, 2005
Visit site
✟877,352.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Last edited:
  • Agree
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single

Not necessarily -- Donald may demand loyalty, but he does nothing to inspire it. That, and his running the White House like a season of The Apprentice, is conducive to nothing but a widespread case of Chronic Backstabbing Disorder among the inner circle... anyone could've leaked that report figuring it'd be blamed on whoever wrote it.

Upvote 0

mothcorrupteth

Old Whig Monarchist, Classically Realpolitik
Jun 3, 2017
Huntsville, AL
✟42,344.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Humor. Another thing that Germans have strange ideas about.

Honestly, he says this stuff to push y'all's buttons. If you people stopped getting high off your own overreactions you'd take away all his mojo.

• Haha
Upvote 0

tall73

Sophia7's husband
Site Supporter
Sep 23, 2005
Visit site
✟877,352.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Not necessarily -- Donald may demand loyalty, but he does nothing to inspire it. That, and his running the White House like a season of The Apprentice, is conducive to nothing but a widespread case of Chronic Backstabbing Disorder among the inner circle... anyone could've leaked that report figuring it'd be blamed on whoever wrote it.

While he certainly doesn't inspire loyalty the point was that if it was privately assigned to one person, then if it gets out, that one person passed it on to whoever wrote it (or passed it on to others in the inner circle who passed it on, either way, they are the source of it leaking).

Upvote 0

tall73

Sophia7's husband
Site Supporter
Sep 23, 2005
Visit site
✟877,352.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Wow, you're really reaching here. It's okay to be wrong. Carry on though.

It's not reaching to say that you could pick about any month and there was impeachment talk.

But to the point, you asked why he would troll his own staff. I gave two possibilities.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

My dad died 1/12/2023. I'm still devastated.
Jul 1, 2007
Native Land
✟332,154.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
  • Haha
Reactions: JacksBratt
Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
This is typical of Trump.I can't believe people think he's joking.

They have no choice -- it's part of the Three-Step Donald Defense:

1. He didn't say it.
  2. he didn't mean it.
  3. He's Right.
Bonus points for using any and all of them simultaneously -- Donald cares not for consistency, only loyalty.

Upvote 0

tall73

Sophia7's husband
Site Supporter
Sep 23, 2005
Visit site
✟877,352.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This is typical of Trump.I can't believe people think he's joking.

It is typical of Trump to say absurd things. But the reason people think he is joking here is that if he wanted to kill all the people crossing there are more efficient ways than crocodiles, etc.

Upvote 0

Cimorene

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2016
Toronto
✟246,655.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0

SummerMadness

Senior Veteran
Mar 8, 2006
✟331,677.00
Faith
Catholic
That's mentally & morally warped. I'm not surprised at all that Trump wants to inflict such crazy cruelty on human beings. That's just how Trump is.
Nor am I surprised by his water carriers defending everything he says. I think the sad part about this is watching people defending mediocrity. They defend mediocrity, but then turn around demanding the “best of the best” in other situations. Like demanding the highest “qualified” immigrants while defending a person that can’t speak above a fourth grade reading level.

Upvote 0