• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

Sharing Scripture

Discussion in 'Deeper Fellowship' started by caitlincares, Dec 8, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. angelwind

angelwind Soli Deo Gloria Supporter

+3,287
    Baptist
    Widowed
    For whatever is born of God overcomes the world; and this is the victory that has overcome the world---our faith.

1John 5:4

2. EarthMomma

EarthMomma Veteran

+174
    Non-Denom
    Hebrews 12:27-29 (KJV)
    27 And this word, Yet once more, signifieth the removing of those things that are shaken, as of things that are made, that those things which cannot be shaken may remain.

28 Wherefore we receiving a kingdom which cannot be moved, let us have grace, whereby we may serve God acceptably with reverence and godly fear:

29 For our God is a consuming fire.

3. JPPT1974

JPPT1974 October Skies

+9,620
    United States
    Baptist
    Single
    CA-Conservatives
    And behold, I sent the promise of my Father upon you:
    But tarry ye in the city of Jerusalmen, unti ye be endurce with power from on high
    -Luke 24:49

4. McWilliams

McWilliams Senior Veteran

+538
    Calvinist
    US-Republican
    But the Lord is in His holy temple: let all the earth keep silence before him. Hab 2:20

5. EarthMomma

EarthMomma Veteran

+174
    Non-Denom
    1 Kings 8:56-58 (Amplified Bible)

56 Blessed be the Lord, Who has given rest to His people Israel, according to all that He promised. Not one word has failed of all His good promise which He promised through Moses His servant.

57 May the Lord our God be with us as He was with our fathers; may He not leave us or forsake us,
    58 That He may incline our hearts to Him, to walk in all His ways and to keep His commandments, His statutes, and His precepts which He commanded our fathers.

Isaiah 42:16 (AMP) And I will bring the blind by a way that they know not; I will lead them in paths that they have not known. I will make darkness into light before them and make uneven places into a plain. These things I have determined to do [for them]; and I will not leave them forsaken.

Hebrews 13:5 (AMP) Let your character or moral disposition be free from love of money [including greed, avarice, lust, and craving for earthly possessions] and be satisfied with your present [circumstances and with what you have]; for He [God] Himself has said, I will not in any way fail you nor give you up nor leave you without support. [I will] not, [I will] not, [I will] not in any degree leave you helpless nor forsake nor let [you] down ( relax My hold on you)! [ Assuredly not!]

6. McWilliams

+538
    Calvinist
    US-Republican
    Why then hast thou not kept the oath of the Lord, and the commandment that I have charged thee with?
    1Kings 2:43

7. angelwind

+3,287
    Baptist
    Widowed
    1 Thessalonians 4:13-14

But we do not want you to be uninformed, brethren, about those who are asleep, that you may not grieve, as do the rest who have no hope.

For we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so God will bring with Him those who have fallen asleep in Jesus.

[​IMG]

8. JPPT1974

JPPT1974 October Skies

+9,620
    United States
    Baptist
    Single
    CA-Conservatives
    Everyone should look out not only for his own interests, but also for the interests of others(Philippians 2:4)

9. JPPT1974

JPPT1974 October Skies

+9,620
    United States
    Baptist
    Single
    CA-Conservatives
    Rise, let us be going: Behold he is at hand that doth betray me. Matthew 26:46

10. McWilliams

+538
    Calvinist
    US-Republican
    But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him! Heb 11:6

11. JPPT1974

JPPT1974 October Skies

+9,620
    United States
    Baptist
    Single
    CA-Conservatives
  12. McWilliams

+538
    Calvinist
    US-Republican
    This is the day that the Lord has made; we will rejoice and be glad in it. Psalm 118:24

13. angelwind

+3,287
    Baptist
    Widowed
    Now when the Day of Pentecost had fully come, they were all with one accord in one place.

And suddenly there came a sound from heaven, as of a rushing mighty wind, and it filled the whole house where they were sitting.

Then there appeared to them divided tongues, as of fire, and one sat upon each of them.

And they were all filled with the Holy Spirit and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance.

Acts 2: 1-4

14. McWilliams

+538
    Calvinist
    US-Republican
    Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law. Rom 3:28

15. McWilliams

+538
    Calvinist
    US-Republican
    A man's heart deviseth his way, but the Lord directeth his steps!

16. JPPT1974

JPPT1974 October Skies

+9,620
    United States
    Baptist
    Single
    CA-Conservatives
    Luke 10:18:And he said unto them "I beheld Satan as ligtning fall from heaven!"

17. McWilliams

+538
    Calvinist
    US-Republican
    All that the Father gives me will come to me, and whoever comes to me I will never drive away.....No one can come to me, unless the Father who sent me draws him, and I will raise him up at the last day.
    John 6: 37,44

18. Wisteria

Wisteria Regular Member

+21
    Baptist
    This is a great thread. One verse that I've been thinking about a lot the past few months is Ephesians 3:14-21. Here it is:

"When I think of the wisdom and scope of God's plan, I fall to my knees and pray to the Father, the Creator of everything in heaven and on earth. I pray that from His glorious, unlimited resources He will give you mighty inner strength through His Holy Spirit. And I pray that Christ will be more and more at home in your hearts as you trust in Him. May your roots go down deep into the soil of God's marvelous love.

"And may you have the power to understand, as all God's people should, how wide, how long, how high, and how deep His love really is. May you experience the love of Christ, though it is so great you will never fully understand it. Then you will be filled with the fullness of life and power that comes from God.

"Now glory be to God! By His mighty power at work within us, He is able to accomplish infinitely more than we would ever dare to ask or hope. May He be given glory in the church and in Christ Jesus forever and ever through endless ages. Amen."

19. McWilliams

+538
    Calvinist
    US-Republican
    Now consider this, ye that forget God, lest I tear you in pieces, and there be none to deliver.
    Whoso offereth praise glorifieth me: and to him that ordereth his conversation aright will I shew the salvation of God!
    Psalm 50: 22,23

20. EarthMomma

EarthMomma Veteran

+174
    Non-Denom
    How beautiful! How powerful is His Word! thanks for sharing this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.