caitlincares

Site Supporter
May 14, 2004
✟63,009.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Let's share scripture with one another that means something to us.
Maybe it was scripture we read in our devotions today...
Or maybe it has to do with something we are going thru today...
Let the scripture stand alone or feel free to comment on it.

Here is one about TRUSTING on the Lord

[bible]Psalms 37:3-5[/bible]

johan777

Grace upon grace
Jul 29, 2004
Al Ain, UAE
✟16,174.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Hbr 10:19 - 23
Therefore, brethren, since we have confidence
to enter the holy place by the blood of Jesus,
by a new and living way
which He inaugurated for us
through the veil, that is, His flesh,
and since {we have} a great priest
over the house of God,
let us draw near with a sincere heart
in full assurance of faith,
having our hearts sprinkled {clean}
from an evil conscience
and our bodies washed with pure water.
Let us hold fast the confession
of our hope without wavering,
for He who promised is faithful;

Thank you father, that we can come to your throne with confidence.

Thank you Jesus that you made it possible for us to come to the Throne.

Thank you Jesus that you are our High Priest and intercede for us.

Thank you Father that you are a faitful God.

Upvote 0

kelco

Rev. Kelco
Feb 28, 2002
Mathias WV
Visit site
✟29,098.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
Mat 11:28 "Come to Me, all who are weary and heavy-laden, and I will give you rest.

Mat 11:29 "Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and YOU WILL FIND REST FOR YOUR SOULS.

Mat 11:30 "For My yoke is easy and My burden is light."

Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
I will love You, O Lord, my strength. The Lord is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer; My God, my strength, in whom I will trust; My shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold. (Ps 18.1-2)

I love this verse. I was on the stressline tonight and I was feeling kinda grumpy. Then this lady (who was extremely irritating) calls. She sounded inebriated (like she had been drinking..a lot).

So anyways, she didn't know why she called and she wanted me to tell her. :doh: Soooo I ask her if anything just happened or what prompted her to call. So she wants to start with how her entire year was the pits and wanted to start from the beginning......

Get the picture? I'm kinda grumpy as it is, and of all people I get someone who is rambling about everything under the sun.

Ok, here's the awesome part:

She was the biggest blessing! Yes she was! God is sooooo amazing. By the end of our conversation I knew God's hand was in it to bless this dear lady and me! Yes, she blessed me! I got her focused enough to set up a bit of an action plan (to keep her focused) and I just found her delightful. Sometimes I wonder if God sends angels unawares to startle and refresh us. This lady sho' 'nuff startled me. And at the end of our conversation I was refreshed. I was just praising Him from my heart and sooo thankful that He sent such an unexpected, jarring, stir-up of a person my way. I am praying blessings all over her right now as I type.

God's 'surprises' sometimes seem like the last thing I might want, but they always bless my soul. I rejoice in how He knows me better than I know myself. That's why I love Him so much.

Reactions: Snow Angel
Upvote 0

kelco

Rev. Kelco
Feb 28, 2002
Mathias WV
Visit site
✟29,098.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
Isa 55:11 So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it.

Isa 55:12 For ye shall go out with joy, and be led forth with peace: the mountains and the hills shall break forth before you into singing, and all the trees of the field shall clap their hands.

Upvote 0

caitlincares

Site Supporter
May 14, 2004
✟63,009.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
1 How happy are those who fear the LORD-- all who follow his ways!

2 You will enjoy the fruit of your labor. How happy you will be! How rich your life!

3 Your wife will be like a fruitful vine, flourishing within your home. And look at all those children!
There they sit around your table as vigorous and healthy as young olive trees.

4 That is the LORD's reward for those who fear him.

5 May the LORD continually bless you from Zion. May you see Jerusalem prosper as long as you live.

6 May you live to enjoy your grandchildren. And may Israel have quietness and peace.

Upvote 0

caitlincares

Site Supporter
May 14, 2004
✟63,009.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I Corinthians 7:32 But I would have you without carefulness. He that is unmarried careth for the things that belong to the Lord, how he may please the Lord:

Romans 1:16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

Matthew 6:24 No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon.

I Samuel 15:22 And Samuel said, Hath the LORD as great delight in burnt offerings and sacrifices, as in obeying the voice of the LORD? Behold, to obey is better than sacrifice, and to hearken than the fat of rams.

Romans 12:2 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

Upvote 0

crossrunner

Serving the Lord joyfully since 1981!
Aug 8, 2004
Raleigh, North Carolina
✟24,117.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Psalm 119

' Aleph

1 Blessed are they whose ways are blameless,

who walk according to the law of the LORD .

2 Blessed are they who keep his statutes

and seek him with all their heart.

3 They do nothing wrong; they walk in his ways.

I think the whole psalm 119 is so awesome!!

Upvote 0

kelco

Rev. Kelco
Feb 28, 2002
Mathias WV
Visit site
✟29,098.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
Isa 53:1 Who believes what we've heard and seen? Who would have thought GOD's saving power would look like this?

Isa 53:2 The servant grew up before God--a scrawny seedling, a scrubby plant in a parched field. There was nothing attractive about him, nothing to cause us to take a second look.

Isa 53:3 He was looked down on and passed over, a man who suffered, who knew pain firsthand. One look at him and people turned away. We looked down on him, thought he was scum.

Isa 53:4 But the fact is, it was our pains he carried-- our disfigurements, all the things wrong with us. We thought he brought it on himself, that God was punishing him for his own failures.

Isa 53:5 But it was our sins that did that to him, that ripped and tore and crushed him--our sins! He took the punishment, and that made us whole. Through his bruises we get healed.

Isa 53:6 We're all like sheep who've wandered off and gotten lost. We've all done our own thing, gone our own way. And GOD has piled all our sins, everything we've done wrong, on him, on him.

Isa 53:7 He was beaten, he was tortured, but he didn't say a word. Like a lamb taken to be slaughtered and like a sheep being sheared, he took it all in silence.

Isa 53:8 Justice miscarried, and he was led off-- and did anyone really know what was happening? He died without a thought for his own welfare, beaten bloody for the sins of my people.

Isa 53:9 They buried him with the wicked, threw him in a grave with a rich man, Even though he'd never hurt a soul or said one word that wasn't true.

Isa 53:10 Still, it's what GOD had in mind all along, to crush him with pain. The plan was that he give himself as an offering for sin so that he'd see life come from it--life, life, and more life. And GOD's plan will deeply prosper through him.

Isa 53:11 Out of that terrible travail of soul, he'll see that it's worth it and be glad he did it. Through what he experienced, my righteous one, my servant, will make many "righteous ones," as he himself carries the burden of their sins.

Isa 53:12 Therefore I'll reward him extravagantly-- the best of everything, the highest honors-- Because he looked death in the face and didn't flinch, because he embraced the company of the lowest. He took on his own shoulders the sin of the many, he took up the cause of all the black sheep.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Ginga

Sep 6, 2004
New Zealand
✟8,217.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
This is about Shadrach, Meshach and Abendnego when they were before the king because they would not bow down and worship his idol that was made for him.
Daniel 3:16-18 (NIV)
Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego replied to the king, "O Nebuchadnezzar, we do not need to defend ourselves before you in this matter. If we are thrown into the blazeing furnace, the God we serve is able to save us from it, and he will rescue us from your hand, O king. But even if he does not, we want you to know, O king, that we will not serve your gods or worship them image of gold you have set up."

I've read this scripture before, but it wasn't until just recently that i have taken any notice of the bold print. It showed that these 3 men of God trusted God to rescue them, but even if he wasn't going to they were still going to follow his commands and not worship any idol placed before them. This changed my way of thinking cause as christians, we quite often think that God will always protect us, and if he doesn't then we blame him for bad things in our life, but these 3 men were going to praise his name even if it meant their death by being burned in a furnace. That was just really powerful for me and challenged me to change the way that i thought of God.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

caitlincares

Site Supporter
May 14, 2004
✟63,009.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Amos 5:21-24
"I hate all your show and pretense--the hypocrisy of your religious festivals and solemn assemblies.
I will not accept your burnt offerings and grain offerings.
I won't even notice all your choice peace offerings.
Away with your hymns of praise! They are only noise to my ears.
I will not listen to your music, no matter how lovely it is.
Instead, I want to see a mighty flood of justice, a river of righteous living that will never run dry.

Revelation 2:26-28
"To all who are victorious, who obey me to the very end, I will give authority over all the nations.
They will rule the nations with an iron rod and smash them like clay pots.
They will have the same authority I received from my Father, and I will also give them the morning star!

Psalm 130:3-5
LORD, if you kept a record of our sins, who, O Lord, could ever survive?
But you offer forgiveness, that we might learn to fear you.
I am counting on the LORD; yes, I am counting on him.
I have put my hope in his word.

Upvote 0

kelco

Rev. Kelco
Feb 28, 2002
Mathias WV
Visit site
✟29,098.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
Psa 139:7 Whither shall I go from thy spirit? or whither shall I flee from thy presence?

Psa 139:8 If I ascend up into heaven, thou art there: if I make my bed in hell, behold, thou art there.

Psa 139:9 If I take the wings of the morning, and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea;

Psa 139:10 Even there shall thy hand lead me, and thy right hand shall hold me.

Psa 139:11 If I say, Surely the darkness shall cover me; even the night shall be light about me.

Psa 139:12 Yea, the darkness hideth not from thee; but the night shineth as the day: the darkness and the light are both alike to thee.

Upvote 0

caitlincares

Site Supporter
May 14, 2004
✟63,009.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
1 John 1:5-7 said:
This is the message we have heard from him and declare to you: God is light; in him there is no darkness at all. If we claim to have fellowship with him yet walk in the darkness, we lie and do not live by the truth. But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, his Son, purifies us from all sin.
1 John 1:8-10 said:
If we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness. If we claim we have not sinned, we make him out to be a liar and his word has no place in our lives.
:angel:

Upvote 0

johan777

Grace upon grace
Jul 29, 2004
Al Ain, UAE
✟16,174.00
Faith
Non-Denom
1John 3:1 See what kind of love the Father has given us in letting us be called God's children. And that is what we are! For this reason the world does not recognize us, because it did not recognize him either.

1John 3:16 This is how we have come to know love: Christ gave his life for us....

1Jonn 4:9 This is how God's love was revealed among us: God sent his unique Son into the world so that we might live through him

1 John 4:10 In this is love, not that we have loved God but that he loved us and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.