Feb 20, 2005
Greenthumb's Garden
✟69,357.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Psalm 66:1-4,

'Shout with joy to God, all the earth! Sing to the glory of his name, offer him glory and praise! Say to God, "How awesome are your deeds! So great is your power that your enemies cringe before you. All the earth bows down to you, they sing praise to you, they sing praise to your name." '

Upvote 0

bfly

Contributor
Oct 2, 2005
Alabama
✟23,591.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Unresolved resentment builds brick walls.
Walls build up a brick at a time.

Ephesians 2:14, 18, 19

For he is our peace, who hath made both one, and hath broken down the middle wall of partition between us;... For through him we both have access by one Spirit unto the Father. Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellow-citizens with the saints, and of the household of God.

You can build a wall
Or you can build a bridge,

It all depends on the love you give,
But if you build a wall,

Your world is small-small
But the bridge of love will conquer all.

Author unknown

:bow: :bow: :bow: :amen: :amen: :amen: :pray: :pray: :pray: :prayer: :prayer: :prayer:

Upvote 0

McWilliams

Senior Veteran
Nov 6, 2005
Texas
✟15,077.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Politics
US-Republican
Thus saith the Lord, Let not the wise man glory in his wisdom, neither let the mighty man glory in his might, let not the rich man glory in his riches.
But let him that glorieth glory in this, that he understandeth and knoweth me, that I am the Lord which exercise lovingkindness, hudgment, and righteousness, in the earth; for in these things I delight, saith the Lord!

Upvote 0

Maharg

wanting greater intimacy with Jesus
Apr 9, 2004
UK
✟15,017.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
"In returning and rest shall ye be saved; In quietness and confidence shall be your strength." Isaiah 30:15. the second sentence was a word given to me by another Christian, except her translation substitued 'confidence' for 'trust'. The first sentence is a what spoke to me when I read the whole of Isaiah 30. This chapter in Isaiah reminds us to trust in God and not in man, and how it hurts God when He sees us trusting in the wrong place - as He knows it is not good for us.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

mini_mim

Give ME your money
Jan 7, 2005
Birmingham, UK
✟23,180.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
For you know that it was not with perishable things such as silver or gold that you were redeemed from the empty way of life handed down to you from your forefathers, but with the precious blood of Christ, a lamb without blemish or defect. - 1 Peter 1:18-19

Upvote 0

angelwind

Soli Deo Gloria
Site Supporter
Sep 25, 2004
So. California
Visit site
✟97,335.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Widowed
"Death has been swallowed up in victory."

"Where, O death, is your victory?

Where, O death, is your sting?"

The sting of death is sin, and the power of sin is the law. But thanks be to God, who gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.

Therefore, my beloved,
be steadfast, immovable, always excelling in the work of the Lord,
becaue you know that in the Lord your labor is not in vain.

Promises.gif

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

McWilliams

Senior Veteran
Nov 6, 2005
Texas
✟15,077.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Politics
US-Republican
According as He hath chosen us in Him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before Him in love:

Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to Himself, according to the good pleasure of His will.

To the praise of the glory of His grace, wherein He hath made us accepted in the beloved.

Upvote 0

angelwind

Soli Deo Gloria
Site Supporter
Sep 25, 2004
So. California
Visit site
✟97,335.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Widowed
Luke 21:34-36

But take heed to yourselves, lest your hearts be weighed down with carousing, drunkenness, and the cares of this life, and that Day come on you unexpectedly.

For it will come as a snare on all those who dwell on the face of the whole earth.

Watch therefore, and pray always that you may be counted worty to escape all these things that will come to pass, and to stand before the Son of Man.

Upvote 0

faithopelove

Veteran
Mar 21, 2006
✟21,321.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Politics
US-Republican
Eph 6:10-18

The Armor of God

10Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. 11Put on the full armor of God so that you can take your stand against the devil's schemes. 12For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. 13Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. 14Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, 15and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace. 16In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. 17Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God. 18And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the saints.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.