Ahavah

Old School
Nov 4, 2004
✟9,486.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
the vid was interesting, but will not lead to anything probably . . .
Probably not, but I think understanding Sharia and how to deal with it if it ever comes to a town near you . This guy has many videos and he's really great at explaining the Koran etc.... to Non-Muslims...and what to watch out for. Being prepared is all.

Upvote 0

Shimshon

Oct 5, 2004
Zion
✟107,464.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
the vid was interesting, but will not lead to anything probably . . .

actually I think it already did, we're talking about it right here. Do you think this is apologetics for Islam? Do you think sharia law being allowed among or within American, or western society a good thing?

Upvote 0

Hoshiyya

Spenglerian
Mar 5, 2013
✟24,676.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
I must say, his solution (presented in the Youtube video) sounds naive. If his solution could work, why hasn't it in the past? Or, has it worked in the past, if so when ?

It's like he thinks Muslims will allow themselves to be limited by the Qur'an, when in reality they tend to find ways to do what they want to in spite of the Qur'an. Let's say you could prove militant Islamism is against the Qur'an, somehow. Would it put an end to the existence, the reality, of militant Islam(ism)? Nope. It wouldn't matter.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Shimshon

Oct 5, 2004
Zion
✟107,464.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
It's not a matter of perspective, it's a matter of real tangible result versus rhetoric.

A person who takes a straight line to spite the fact he could travel the path already laid out will experience far more troubles. Go in peace.

Upvote 0

Hoshiyya

Spenglerian
Mar 5, 2013
✟24,676.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
Two points I want to make.

1. The more I consider his words, the more immature and naive Bill Warner sounds to me. He doesn't seem to be dealing with reality, but with theories and "what if's."

2. Regarding the posting of the Bill Warner video on this particular forum I want to emphasize that: MOST of what anti-Muslims say can hypothetically or does actually apply to Torah also. His criticism of Muhammed marrying his cousin would equally condemn Yaacov for marrying two sisters or Abraham's marriage to Sarah. Anti-Islamic criticism is usually done by secular Westerners or by Christians who are indistinguishable from secular Westerners (and who often present a gospel and a morality indistinguishable from the ethos of Western atheists.) Hence they position themselves on the side of Europe, Christianity and Atheist Rationalism (having its roots in Greek Philosophy as Christianity does) over against the side of magical thinking, religion, dogma, Torah, Qur'an, and all similar things.

Upvote 0