Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Frankly, this is the first time I hear this argument.
Sure it is.
Aha, nonononono.....

God refers to a disease called the burning ague. The connection between that and a diminished skull is your own personal ad hocery, because you tried to justify your buying of the "Neanderthal man just had rickets" canard hook line and sinker.

I know you like your ad hoc, but let's not pretend this is what God actually meant in the Bible.
ETA: Opps! Sorry! Wrong Cab!

Upvote 0

RickG

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 1, 2011
Georgia
✟83,873.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
I also think it's funny that you guys claim God is being deceptive, while all the time yo Mamma [Nature] has been fooling you.

No one is saying that. What we are doing is pointing out that for all the things to be embedded by God as you suggest, that would make God a deceiver. So, who is it that paints God as a deceiver?

Upvote 0

Kylie

Defeater of Illogic
Nov 23, 2013
✟301,997.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Then your example can take a hike.

You were a "wise man" when you were a young girl, and you're considered a "wise man" as a mature woman.

The point I'm making is the same animal being mistaken for two different ones.

Given that we can't ever see the living animals, why do you demand that science is able to provide all the answers right now? Why do you think that if science ever gets even a small detail wrong, all of it can be dismissed.

Sounds like you have an agenda here, AV...

Upvote 0

Kylie

Defeater of Illogic
Nov 23, 2013
✟301,997.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
* WORTH A BUMP *

And I'll respond with the same point I did last time:

So what?

I have changed shape in my life as well. After all, a mature woman does not have the same body shape as a young girl.

So what exactly is your point here?

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,909,229.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
And I'll respond with the same point I did last time:

So what?
From the caption:
New research reveals that dinosaurs changed shape during their lives. This means that many dinosaurs, which have so far been considered to be different species, were actually just different growth stages of the same species. Rasmus Krag Jacobsen delves into the misclassification debate that might change the way we understand Triceratops.
If you don't want to watch the video, fine; but QV the caption under it.
Kylie said:
I have changed shape in my life as well. After all, a mature woman does not have the same body shape as a young girl.
Have you been mistaken for someone else because of it?

Upvote 0

johneb

Aug 10, 2020
bend
✟17,213.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I do think the numbers of species of dinosaurs is far less than we think.
Case in point, is one dinosaur throughout it's lifespan has been classified as a dozen or more species of dinosaurs.
When we dig up bones we are not digging up the past, we are digging up the present and telling a story about the past to fit a narrative.

Upvote 0

FrumiousBandersnatch

Mar 20, 2009
✟326,642.00
Faith
Atheist
How many do we think there are?

Case in point, is one dinosaur throughout it's lifespan has been classified as a dozen or more species of dinosaurs.
Which dinosaur is that?

When we dig up bones we are not digging up the past, we are digging up the present and telling a story about the past to fit a narrative.
We make narratives for everything - it's how we understand the world. Some narratives have a firmer foundation in fact and evidence than others.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,909,229.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

HitchSlap

PROUDLY PRIMATE
Aug 6, 2012
✟281,096.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Nobody thinks this.

Upvote 0

Shemjaza

Site Supporter
Apr 17, 2006
✟925,893.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Greens
Velicoraptor.

There a lot of different "raptor" dinosaurs. Velicoraptor, Utahraptor, Deinonychus are a couple... but I don't think anyone is proposing that they are all the same species at different stages of life.

The common ones I've seen that have actual controversy is Triceratops actually being a sub-adult Torosaurus and some juvenile Tyrannosauruses were mistaken for a different species.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,909,229.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
There a lot of different "raptor" dinosaurs. Velicoraptor, Utahraptor, Deinonychus are a couple... but I don't think anyone is proposing that they are all the same species at different stages of life.

The common ones I've seen that have actual controversy is Triceratops actually being a sub-adult Torosaurus and some juvenile Tyrannosauruses were mistaken for a different species.
From the link in the OP:
Almost identical skeletons
Together with his colleague, Curator of Palaeontology Jack Horner, Scanella has inspired debate among palaeontologists with a study of the giant, three-horned Triceratops. His paper, published in Journal of Vertebrate Palaeontology, demonstrates that this dinosaur and its close relative, Torosaurus, were actually one single species. The researchers also placed a third species, Nedoceratops, under the same umbrella. For Scanella and Horner, Triceratops, Torosaurus and Nedoceratops are the same species.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Kylie

Defeater of Illogic
Nov 23, 2013
✟301,997.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
From the link in the OP:

Almost identical skeletons
Together with his colleague, Curator of Palaeontology Jack Horner, Scanella has inspired debate among palaeontologists with a study of the giant, three-horned Triceratops. His paper, published in Journal of Vertebrate Palaeontology, demonstrates that this dinosaur and its close relative, Torosaurus, were actually one single species. The researchers also placed a third species, Nedoceratops, under the same umbrella. For Scanella and Horner, Triceratops, Torosaurus and Nedoceratops are the same species.

Except that is now not considered to be true. We've found very old triceratops and very young torosaurus. Torosaurus and Triceratops were different species. Horn dinos 'two species, not one'

Upvote 0

Shemjaza

Site Supporter
Apr 17, 2006
✟925,893.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Greens
From the link in the OP:
...so nothing to do with Velicoraptors then?

With Triceratops and Torosaurus there was never any debate as to them being closely related (the same kind of dinosaur if you will ;) ), as opposed to the significantly more varied raptor family (Dromaeosauridae).

Upvote 0

Kylie

Defeater of Illogic
Nov 23, 2013
✟301,997.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Absolutely not, my statement was a exaggeration. Getting back to the original post,
Do you think Jack Horner is wrong?

I've already given a source which shows that we have found old triceratops and young torosaurus. So if someone says that triceratops are just young torosaurus, then I'd say yes, they are wrong. The idea had some merit for a while, but discoveries made since then have shown that the idea was wrong. Is Jack Horner still saying that today?

Upvote 0