Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
That would show that the Square-Cube law is working perfectly. Take a look at an elephant or rhino and tell me that their legs dont look immensly strong.....?

Behemoth would probably step on an elephant and rhinoceros; or use it's massive tail to send a whole herd into the next county.

Upvote 0

Kylie

Defeater of Illogic
Nov 23, 2013
✟302,097.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

CabVet

Question everything
Dec 7, 2011
Los Altos, CA
✟28,402.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
So what?

I have changed shape in my life as well. After all, a mature woman does not have the same body shape as a young girl.

So what exactly is your point here?

I asked this at the beginning of the thread, and said that nothing in the video goes against evolution. No answer yet, so I am curious too. But I am sure that either Ken Ham, Kent Hovind or some other professional liar twisted in a way that makes it sound like it goes agains evolution.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,909,532.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
So what?

I have changed shape in my life as well. After all, a mature woman does not have the same body shape as a young girl.

Were you considered a Homo ergaster then, and a Homo sapiens now?

Upvote 0

CabVet

Question everything
Dec 7, 2011
Los Altos, CA
✟28,402.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

No, because people, even those from the times of Linnaeus, knew that human children and human adults were the same species.

Still waiting for you to say what your problem with the video is. Is it: "if you got two species wrong you got them all wrong"? Please don't be that one.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,909,532.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Still waiting for you to say what your problem with the video is. Is it: "if you got two species wrong you got them all wrong"? Please don't be that one.

I don't need a video on shape-shifting to know that.

According to Wikipedia, some think Homo ergaster is a one-size-fits-all category that actually contains Homo habilis, Homo erectus, and Homo sapiens.

I'm under the impression Homo ergaster was once a tax paying contributing member of society that God laid a "wonderful plague" upon.

Upvote 0

CabVet

Question everything
Dec 7, 2011
Los Altos, CA
✟28,402.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I don't need a video on shape-shifting to know that.

According to Wikipedia, some think Homo ergaster is a one-size-fits-all category that actually contains Homo habilis, Homo erectus, and Homo sapiens.

Not this Wikipedia: Homo ergaster - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I'm under the impression Homo ergaster was once a tax paying contributing member of society that God laid a "wonderful plague" upon.

Funny how Homo ergaster and Homo sapiens bones are not found in the same strata, isn't it?

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,909,532.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Funny how Homo ergaster and Homo sapiens bones are not found in the same strata, isn't it?
Post of the month.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

[serious]

'As we treat the least of our brothers...' RIP GA
Site Supporter
Aug 29, 2006
✟72,846.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Post of the month.

These posts?

I mean, you being embarrassingly wrong about something and getting immediately called on it isn't really rare enough to make post of the month rank.

Upvote 0

CabVet

Question everything
Dec 7, 2011
Los Altos, CA
✟28,402.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Post of the month.

Nope, the real post of the month is this:

1) Wikipedia does not say what you claim it does (which means you are spreading false information).

2) Homo ergaster is not a one-size-fits-all category that actually contains Homo habilis, Homo erectus, and Homo sapiens (which again means you are spreading false information).

3) Homo ergaster and Homo sapiens are not found in the same strata, which is inconsistent with your "impression" that they live together (which for a third time means you are spreading false information).

Hint: you don't need to spread false information to justify your faith. All you need to do is say that "God did it".

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,909,532.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
1) Wikipedia does not say what you claim it does (which means you are spreading false information).
Because I put Homo sapiens on the list by mistake?
Some paleoanthropologists consider H. ergaster to be simply the African variety of H. erectus; this leads to the use of the term "Homo erectus sensu stricto" for the Asian H. erectus, and "Homo erectus sensu lato" for the larger species comprising both the early African populations (H. ergaster) and the Asian populations. The latest discoveries go even further claiming that all five contemporary species of early "Homo" in Africa, "Homo habilis", "Homo rudolfensis", "Homo ergaster", and "Homo erectus" are representatives from the same species,

SOURCE

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,909,532.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
So what?

I believe you have been told countless times that individuals don't evolve, populations do over many generations...
Then your example can take a hike.

You were a "wise man" when you were a young girl, and you're considered a "wise man" as a mature woman.

The point I'm making is the same animal being mistaken for two different ones.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

CabVet

Question everything
Dec 7, 2011
Los Altos, CA
✟28,402.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The point I'm making is the same animal being mistaken for two different ones.

It happens all the time. Do you want more examples? I can give you hundreds.

FYI: That does not invalidate evolution.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,909,532.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
FYI: That does not invalidate evolution.

It's okay for Mother Nature to shape shift and fool you guys, but let God shape shift someone's bones and hooboy, look out -- it's deception central.

Even though God documented it -- (Psalm 38).

I also think it's funny that you guys claim God is being deceptive, while all the time yo Mamma [Nature] has been fooling you.

Upvote 0

CabVet

Question everything
Dec 7, 2011
Los Altos, CA
✟28,402.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It's okay for Mother Nature to shape shift and fool you guys, but let God shape shift someone's bones and hooboy, look out -- it's deception central.

Oh, so now God is to blame for the mistakes of taxonomers? Frankly, this is the first time I hear this argument. And FYI, it does not in any way interfere with evolution.

Even though God documented it -- (Psalm 39).

I also think it's funny that you guys claim God is being deceptive, while all the time yo Mamma [Nature] has been fooling you.

God is not being deceptive. Your word is not God's word and is not the only interpretation of the Bible out there. So, the only way to reconcile your interpretation of the Bible with reality is by concluding that God was deceptive.

Upvote 0