JLB777

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2012
✟403,811.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I have already answered many questions from you already why should we start again when you have not answered mine? You say you disagree but when I asked you to post me a link where you answered my questions you cannot post one and want to start again. How is that a discussion in your view?

I have answered many questions from you, and you have not answered mine.

You just post a generic copy and paste of a bunch of Old Testament scriptures that pertained to the children of Israel, concerning the law of Moses which included sacrificing animals, temple worship, circumcision and so forth.

Which brings us to the current question.

Do you believe the Church should keep the law of Moses in order to be saved?

This question pertains directly to the OP.

JLB

• Useful
Reactions: Danthemailman
Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I have answered many questions from you, and you have not answered mine.
Really? I must have missed them all (not serious) please post the links.
You just post a generic copy and paste of a bunch of Old Testament scriptures that pertained to the children of Israel, concerning the law of Moses which included sacrificing animals, temple worship, circumcision and so forth.
Nonesense. Prove it.
Which brings us to the current question. Do you believe the Church should keep the law of Moses in order to be saved? This question pertains directly to the OP.
Told you already. Happy to continue answering your questions when you start answering mine.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

JLB777

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2012
✟403,811.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Really? I must have missed them all (not serious) please post the links.

Nonesense. Prove it.

Told you already. Happy to continue answering your questions when you start answering mine.

This is a copy and paste from #679

I disagree.

Ok.

Let’s start fresh.

You ask me one question.

I will answer it.

Then I will ask you a question and you answer it.

Go ahead.

JLB

Upvote 0

JLB777

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2012
✟403,811.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Seventh-day Adventists will never concede that God pulled a fast one on humanity by placing a merely ritual law in the midst of the human moral code. Simply not gonna happen. Doesn't even make any sense at all. Fifty years ago, no self-respecting, half-hearted Christian of any creed would buy such a falsely-advertised product. During the passage of that time, most of non-Catholic Christendom has gone from [compulsory Sunday Sabbath] to [no Sabbath at all] to [no law at all]. The baby and the bathwater have been thrown out at nearly the same time. I think it's interesting to note that 50 years is roughly 2% of the entire age of the Christian church. The final movements are, indeed, rapid ones.

And I can't seem to write without the free use of hyphens. lol

Remember the Sabbath day to keep it holy.

Please explain how this means you must attend Church on Saturday instead of Sunday or you go to hell.

Why not rest on The Sabbath and go to Church on a different day of the week.

JLB

• Useful
Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
This is a copy and paste from #679

I disagree.

Ok.

Let’s start fresh.

You ask me one question.

I will answer it.

Then I will ask you a question and you answer it.

Go ahead.

JLB

This is a copy and paste of post # 680. I have already answered many questions from you already why should we start again when you have not answered mine. You say you disagree but when I asked you to post me a link where you answered my questions you cannot post one and want to start again. How is that a fair discussion.

Upvote 0

JLB777

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2012
✟403,811.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
This is a copy and paste of post # 680. I have already answered many questions from you already why should we start again when you have not answered mine. You say you disagree but when I asked you to post me a link where you answered my questions you cannot post one and want to start again. How is that a fair discussion.

I see you are faced with the truth and are making excuses because you can’t answer a simple question.

I offered to answer whatever question you wanted to ask me, but you just want to argue.

JLB

Upvote 0

JLB777

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2012
✟403,811.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I see you are faced with the truth and are making excuses because you can’t answer a simple question.

I offered to answer whatever question you wanted to ask me, but you just want to argue.

This is directly related to the OP.

JLB

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married

JLB

Not really dear friend. Your just repeating yourself. I am simply following the council of the scriptures. As posted earlier I will not be answering any more of your questions until you start answering the many of mine you simply ignored.

For me, I believe we should not point people to the teachings of men over the Word of God. For me, he must increase and I must decrease. I only point all to the Word of God because it is there we find the one who loves us that we may love him. I know him and am known by him. All that he shows me I see and must show to all because I am blind. He tells me it is those that see that do not see. These are they that have once known him or do not know him. Who am I that he should choose me out of the world? I am no one but he is all. If I did not believe him I would not know him. What can I do without him? He is love and now I love. I follow him now because I love him who first loved me.

I do not judge you but His Word will judge us because they are there for all to see. All are welcome to see and hear God's Word, however many are called but few are chosen. Now the Spirit speaks expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils but His Word is promises to deliver us and it is here we must find safety. We ought to obey God rather than man. God is love and he that dwells in love dwells in God

Last edited:
Upvote 0

JLB777

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2012
✟403,811.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Not really dear friend. Your just repeating yourself. I am simply following the council of the scriptures. As posted earlier I will not be answering any more of your questions until you start answering the many of mine you simply ignored.

For me, I believe we should not point people to the teachings of men over the Word of God. For me, he must increase and I must decrease. I only point all to the Word of God because it is there we find the one who loves us that we may love him. I know him and am known by him. All that he shows me I see and must show to all because I am blind. He tells me it is those that see that do not see. These are they that have once known him or do not know him. Who am I that he should choose me out of the world? I am no one but he is all. If I did not believe him I would not know him. What can I do without him? He is love and now I love. I follow him now because I love him who first loved me.

I do not judge you but His Word will judge us because they are there for all to see. All are welcome to see and hear God's Word, however many are called but few are chosen. Now the Spirit speaks expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils but His Word is promises to deliver us and it is here we must find safety. We ought to obey God rather than man. God is love and he that dwells in love dwells in God

Your just repeating yourself.

Please answer my question as it relates to the OP.

JLB

Upvote 0

Jesse Johnson

Mar 2, 2020
Northeast
✟7,632.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I think that, at some point, it would be appropriately honest for you to state exactly what you believe "the law of Moses" to be.

Unless, of course, you intend to hold this thread hostage forever.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Jesse Johnson

Mar 2, 2020
Northeast
✟7,632.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Remember the Sabbath day to keep it holy.

Please explain how this means you must attend Church on Saturday instead of Sunday or you go to hell.
Well, uh, it doesn't mean that at all. Who said it did?
Why not rest on The Sabbath and go to Church on a different day of the week.
Only for reasons like these:

Mar 1:21 KJV And they went into Capernaum; and straightway on the sabbath day he entered into the synagogue, and taught.

Mar 6:2 KJV And when the sabbath day was come, he began to teach in the synagogue...

Luk 4:16 KJV And he came to Nazareth, where he had been brought up: and, as his custom was, he went into the synagogue on the sabbath day, and stood up for to read.

Luk 4:31-33 KJV 31 And came down to Capernaum, a city of Galilee, and taught them on the sabbath days. 32 And they were astonished at his doctrine: for his word was with power. 33 And in the synagogue there was a man, which had a spirit of an unclean devil, and cried out with a loud voice,

Luk 6:1 KJV And it came to pass on the second sabbath after the first, that he went through the corn fields; and his disciples plucked the ears of corn, and did eat, rubbing them in their hands.

Luk 6:6 KJV And it came to pass also on another sabbath, that he entered into the synagogue and taught: and there was a man whose right hand was withered.

Luk 13:10-11 KJV 10 And he was teaching in one of the synagogues on the sabbath. 11 And, behold, there was a woman which had a spirit of infirmity eighteen years, and was bowed together, and could in no wise lift up herself.

1Jn 2:6 KJV He that saith he abideth in him ought himself also so to walk, even as he walked.

1Pe 2:21 KJV For even hereunto were ye called: because Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that ye should follow his steps:

I dare you to respond to this meaningfully, without another robot question.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married

Mar 1:21 KJV And they went into Capernaum; and straightway on the sabbath day he entered into the synagogue, and taught.

Mar 6:2 KJV And when the sabbath day was come, he began to teach in the synagogue...

Luk 4:16 KJV And he came to Nazareth, where he had been brought up: and, as his custom was, he went into the synagogue on the sabbath day, and stood up for to read.

Luk 4:31-33 KJV 31 And came down to Capernaum, a city of Galilee, and taught them on the sabbath days. 32 And they were astonished at his doctrine: for his word was with power. 33 And in the synagogue there was a man, which had a spirit of an unclean devil, and cried out with a loud voice,

Luk 6:1 KJV And it came to pass on the second sabbath after the first, that he went through the corn fields; and his disciples plucked the ears of corn, and did eat, rubbing them in their hands.

Luk 6:6 KJV And it came to pass also on another sabbath, that he entered into the synagogue and taught: and there was a man whose right hand was withered.

Luk 13:10-11 KJV 10 And he was teaching in one of the synagogues on the sabbath. 11 And, behold, there was a woman which had a spirit of infirmity eighteen years, and was bowed together, and could in no wise lift up herself.

1Jn 2:6 KJV He that saith he abideth in him ought himself also so to walk, even as he walked.

1Pe 2:21 KJV For even hereunto were ye called: because Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that ye should follow his steps:

WINNER! :)

Upvote 0

JLB777

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2012
✟403,811.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

So you believe keeping the Sabbath means going to a Synagogue where unbelieving Jews gather?

JLB

Upvote 0

JLB777

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2012
✟403,811.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I think that, at some point, it would be appropriately honest for you to state exactly what you believe "the law of Moses" to be.

Unless, of course, you intend to hold this thread hostage forever.

The law of Moses was the law of commandments that were added to the Abrahamic Covenant, until the Seed should come.

These were given to the children of Israel through Moses, who was the mediator of the covenant of Sinai.

What purpose then does the law serve? It was added because of transgressions, till the Seed should come to whom the promise was made; and it was appointed through angels by the hand of a mediator.
Galatians 3:19

JLB

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

JLB777

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2012
✟403,811.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

Please show us where Jesus kept the Sabbath according to the law of Moses?

For this reason the Jews persecuted Jesus, and sought to kill Him, because He had done these things on the Sabbath. But Jesus answered them, “My Father has been working until now, and I have been working.”
Therefore the Jews sought all the more to kill Him, because He not only broke the Sabbath, but also said that God was His Father, making Himself equal with God. John 5:16-18

JLB

Upvote 0

JLB777

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2012
✟403,811.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

Please explain to us, how the Church is instructed to observe the Sabbath today?

JLB

Upvote 0

Jesse Johnson

Mar 2, 2020
Northeast
✟7,632.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Please show us where Jesus kept the Sabbath according to the law of Moses?

For this reason the Jews persecuted Jesus, and sought to kill Him, because He had done these things on the Sabbath. But Jesus answered them, “My Father has been working until now, and I have been working.”
Therefore the Jews sought all the more to kill Him, because He not only broke the Sabbath, but also said that God was His Father, making Himself equal with God. John 5:16-18

JLB
This reply implies that Christ wasn't qualified to be a sacrifice for the sins of mankind. Is that really where you want to go? Exactly when did the new covenant begin?

Upvote 0

Jesse Johnson

Mar 2, 2020
Northeast
✟7,632.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

Jesse Johnson

Mar 2, 2020
Northeast
✟7,632.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
The law of Moses was the law of commandments that were added to the Abrahamic Covenant, until the Seed should come.

These were given to the children of Israel through Moses, who was the mediator of the covenant of Sinai.
I can see there was no point in my putting the word "exactly" in bold, italic.
What purpose then does the law serve? It was added because of transgressions, till the Seed should come to whom the promise was made; and it was appointed through angels by the hand of a mediator.
Galatians 3:19
The ten commandments were "added because of transgressions?"
So nobody knew what sin was until the Exodus?

So, in the light of this:
What shall we say then? Is the law sin? God forbid. Nay, I had not known sin, but by the law: for I had not known lust, except the law had said, Thou shalt not covet.
Romans 7:7

How do we account for this:
Genesis 39
7And it came to pass after these things, that his master's wife cast her eyes upon Joseph; and she said, Lie with me. 8But he refused, and said unto his master's wife, Behold, my master wotteth not what is with me in the house, and he hath committed all that he hath to my hand; 9There is none greater in this house than I; neither hath he kept back any thing from me but thee, because thou art his wife: how then can I do this great wickedness, and sin against God?

?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.