JLB777

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2012
✟403,811.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Not outright, no. But the position you take is effectively the same thing. You basically hold that we have an orphan commandment for which there is no proper instruction to keep or observe (not capitally enforce) when, all the while, there is exceedingly abundant biblical counsel regarding it.

For whoever shall keep the whole law, and yet stumble in one point, he is guilty of all.
James 2:10

The instructions given in the Torah are like the ones given in the New Testament and elsewhere in the Bible regarding the treatment of resources, such as sticks, stones, sandals, livestock, and domestic animals, etc. Not many people have an ox that they need to worry might fall in a ditch. The Bible doesn't spell out every eventuality for the modern believer. Instead, in many cases, it contains principles to guide in establishing policy. In all sincerity of conscience, I believe God expects people to do the best they can to obey Him by the power that is all His, and not gather to themselves teachers, having itching ears, who are armed to the ready with reasons to be exempted from obedience.

Do you keep the law of Moses which the Lord God gave to the children of Israel?

JLB

• Useful
Reactions: Danthemailman
Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Good.

Do you keep the law of Moses?

JLB

Sorry wrong answer my friend. I posted earlier that I do not disagree with COLOSSIANS 2:16-17 and this is what the OP is about. I believe the scriptures in the OP prove you do believe COLOSSIANS 2:16. That is why you do not want to discuss the OP here. If you disagree with anything I have shared here in the OP in relation to COLOSSIANS 2:14-17 your welcome to try and prove why you disagree from the scriptures. So far you have simply denied and ignored the OP and simply repeated the scripture the OP is talking about without discussing anything in the OP and proving what you believe. Until you can prove anything your saying my friend, I guess we will have to agree to disagree.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
You haven’t answered my questions you have dodged my questions.

You try to answer a simple question with a cut and paste of many different scripture references that say nothing except about the Old Testament law of Moses.

I have asked you for years now to show me where Jesus or His Apostle commanded the Church to specifically observe the Sabbath.

You answer with a copy and paste of Old Testament scriptures.

Now I ask if you observe and keep the law of Moses with the Lord God commanded Moses to give to the children of Israel.

JLB

Not really dear friend. I believe all your questions have been answered with the scriptures shared with you, so I believe there is no truth in your post. Please if you disagree pershaps you can prove to me why the scriptures shared with you do not answer your questions in your view? All you have done so far is ignore my posts with all the scriptures provided that I believe answer your questions which is not conducive of a discussion. What is true however is it is you who has not answered my questions though and it is you who have been dodging my questions. There is truth in that statement and anyone reading this thread will be able to see that truth.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Bob S

Site Supporter
Dec 5, 2015
Union County, TN
✟662,511.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The ritual laws i.e. Sabbath, Sabbaths, new moon celebration, sacrifices, food laws and any other law that didn't deal with how we are to treat God and our fellow man were instruction given only to Israel. All of those ritual or ceremonial laws were nailed to the Cross. Thus Paul could and did write that we shouldn't allow anyone to judge us because we don't observe them.

Upvote 0

Jesse Johnson

Mar 2, 2020
Northeast
✟7,632.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Seventh-day Adventists will never concede that God pulled a fast one on humanity by placing a merely ritual law in the midst of the human moral code. Simply not gonna happen. Doesn't even make any sense at all. Fifty years ago, no self-respecting, half-hearted Christian of any creed would buy such a falsely-advertised product. During the passage of that time, most of non-Catholic Christendom has gone from [compulsory Sunday Sabbath] to [no Sabbath at all] to [no law at all]. The baby and the bathwater have been thrown out at nearly the same time. I think it's interesting to note that 50 years is roughly 2% of the entire age of the Christian church. The final movements are, indeed, rapid ones.

And I can't seem to write without the free use of hyphens. lol

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
The ritual laws i.e. Sabbath, Sabbaths, new moon celebration, sacrifices, food laws and any other law that didn't deal with how we are to treat God and our fellow man were instruction given only to Israel. All of those ritual or ceremonial laws were nailed to the Cross. Thus Paul could and did write that we shouldn't allow anyone to judge us because we don't observe them.

Not really Bob, all of God's 10 commandments are "moral laws". The first four are our duty of love to God and the second six our duty of Love to our fellow man. God's fourth commandment Sabbath is also a "memorial law" We are to "remember" that God created all things in heaven and earth. Colossians 2:16 though is in reference to the annual ceremonial sabbaths connected to feast days. These are not God's 4th commandment Sabbath of the 10 commandments. The ceremonial sabbaths in the annual feast days can fall on any day of the week and a simply non working days.

Here is a list of all the different kinds of Sabbaths in the bible here..

These include;

1. The Sabbaths of the Feast of unleavened bread (first and last day) that can fall on any day of the week *LEVITICUS 23:6-8
2. The Sabbath on the annual day of Atonement that can fall on any day of the week *LEVITICUS 23:27-32
3. The Sabbath on the annual Feast of Trumpets that can fall on any day of the week *LEVITICUS 23:24-25?
4. The Sabbath on the Feast of Booths that can fall on any day of the week *LEVITICUS 23:34-36
5. Feast of first fruits (first and last day) that can fall on any day of the week *LEVITICUS 23:39
6. The sabbaths (sabbaton plural) of holy convocations from the annual feast days *LEVITICUS 23:7-8; 21;24; 27; 35-36 that can fall on any days of the week
7. The Sabbath of the land (7 year single cycle) *LEVITICUS 25:2
8. The Sabbath of Jubilee - culminating of the 7x7 yearly cycles sabbaths *LEVITICUS 25:9-54
9. Or God's 4th commandment seventh day weekly Sabbath which is one of the 10 commandments that define sin when broken? *EXODUS 20:8-11 from GENESIS 2:1-3

How we know that Colossians 2:16 is in reference to the annual sabbaths in feast days that are not God's 4th commandment (in points 1-5) is the scripture context is referring to the annual feast days

COLOSSIANS 2:16 Let no man therefore judge you in MEAT, or in DRINK, or in respect of an HOLYDAY <Feast days or Festivals>, or of the NEW MOON, or of the SABBATH DAYS <plural>:

Paul is quoting from the OLD TESTAMENET scriptures.

EZEKIEL 45 [17] And it shall be the prince's part to give BURNT OFFERINGS, and MEAT OFFERINGS, and DRINK OFFERINGS, in the FEASTS, and in the NEW MOONS, and in the SABBATHS, in all solemnities of the house of Israel: he shall prepare the sin offering, and the meat offering, and the burnt offering, and the peace offerings, to make reconciliation for the house of Israel.

Hope this helps Bob.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

JLB777

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2012
✟403,811.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Sorry wrong answer my friend. I posted earlier that I do not disagree with COLOSSIANS 2:16-17 and this is what the OP is about. I believe the scriptures in the OP prove you do believe COLOSSIANS 2:16. That is why you do not want to discuss the OP here. If you disagree with anything I have shared here in the OP in relation to COLOSSIANS 2:14-17 your welcome to try and prove why you disagree from the scriptures. So far you have simply denied and ignored the OP and simply repeated the scripture the OP is talking about without discussing anything in the OP and proving what you believe. Until you can prove anything your saying my friend, I guess we will have to agree to disagree.

That a question, not an answer.

JLB

• Useful
Upvote 0

JLB777

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2012
✟403,811.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Not really dear friend. I believe all your questions have been answered with the scriptures shared with you, so I believe there is no truth in your post. Please if you disagree pershaps you can prove to me why the scriptures shared with you do not answer your questions in your view? All you have done so far is ignore my posts with all the scriptures provided that I believe answer your questions which is not conducive of a discussion. What is true however is it is you who has not answered my questions though and it is you who have been dodging my questions. There is truth in that statement and anyone reading this thread will be able to see that truth.

It’s a simple question, that requires an answer of either yes or no.

You haven’t answered my question. Why?

It has everything to do with the OP.

SHADOW LAWS OF THE OLD COVENANT FULFILLED IN THE NEW? COL 2

JLB

• Useful
Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
It’s a simple question, that requires an answer of either yes or no.

You haven’t answered my question. Why?

It has everything to do with the OP.

SHADOW LAWS OF THE OLD COVENANT FULFILLED IN THE NEW? COL 2

JLB

Told you already please read the posts you are quoting from. I have answered your questions but you ignore mine. I will answer yours if you stop ignoring mine and answer the questions I have already asked you. Did you want to continue?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

JLB777

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2012
✟403,811.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Sorry my friend, no more answering anymore of your questions while you are ignoring mine. :)

I’ve answered your questions.

You refuse to answer mine.

Do you believe the Church must keep the law of Moses to be saved?

JLB

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I’ve answered your questions.

You refuse to answer mine.

Do you believe the Church must keep the law of Moses to be saved?

JLB

Nonsense. Link please? If you cannot post me a link why are you pretending you have answered my questions when you clearly have not. Is that being honest in your view?

Upvote 0

JLB777

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2012
✟403,811.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

Here is your post, with no answer to my question.

Do you believe the Church should keep the law of Moses in order to be saved?

JLB

Upvote 0

JLB777

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2012
✟403,811.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Nonsense. Link please? If you cannot post me a link why are you pretending you have answered my questions when you clearly have not. Is that being honest in your view?

You have asked many questions

Answer my one question then you can ask me one question

Do you believe the Church should keep the law of Moses in order to be saved?

JLB

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I asked a question.
No. You asked many questions which I have answered throughout this thread with scriptures. I am waiting for you to answer mine now. If not did have you read the OP yet and did you wish to discuss it?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

JLB777

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2012
✟403,811.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I have indeed asked many questions and you have not answered them. That is why I have stopped answering your questions. Did you want to answer my questions now?

No. You asked many questions which I have answered throughout this thread with scriptures. I am waiting for you to answer mine now. If not did you want have you read the OP yet and did you wish to discuss it?

I disagree.

Ok.

Let’s start fresh.

You ask me one question.

I will answer it.

Then I will ask you a question and you answer it.

Go ahead.

JLB

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I disagree.

Ok.

Let’s start fresh.

You ask me one question.

I will answer it.

Then I will ask you a question and you answer it.

Go ahead.

JLB

I have already answered many questions from you already why should we start again when you have not answered mine. You say you disagree but when I asked you to post me a link where you answered my questions you cannot post one and want to start again. How is that a discussion.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.