Northeast
✟7,632.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Not at all Bob. I have answed near everyone of your friends questions but have only now stopped because your friend simply ignores my questions and the answers provided to his questions through the scriptures. I have told him I would be happy to continue answering His questions if he answers the many questions I have asked him in the past that he has ignored. As to you post here I see your only part quoting out of context (search Acts 17:30-31). God does not hold us accountable to sin unless we receive a knowledge of the truth of His Word and choose to reject it in order to follow sin. When God gives us a knowledge of the truth and we reject God's Word the scriptures teach that there is no more sacrifice for sin but a fearful looking forward to of the judgement to come *ACTS 17:30-31; HEBREWS 10:26-27 because those who reject God's Word in order to practice sin reject the gift of God's dear son and count the blood of the covenant an unholy thing *ROMANS 6:23; HEBREWS 10:26-39. Sin is defined in God's Word as not believing God's Word *ROMANS 14:23 and breaking anyone of God's 10 commandments *JAMES 2:10-11; 1 JOHN 3:4 because through God's LAW he gives us a knowledge of GOOD and EVIL; SIN and RIGHTEOUSNESS *ROMANS 3:20; ROMANS 7:7; 1 JOHN 3:4; PSALMS 119:172 and if we break any one of God's 10 commandments we stand guilty before God of sin *JAMES 2:10-11. God's 4th Commandment is one of God's 10 commandments that give us the KNOWLEDGE of what SIN is when broken *ROMANS 3:20. According to God's WORD aone, all those who CONTINUE in KNOWN UNREPENTANT SIN will not enter into the KINGDOM of HEAVEN *HEBREWS 10:26-27 because they reject the gift of God's dear son *ROMANS 6:23; MATTHEW 7:13-27.

Hope this is helpful
It's just the same ol' Hee-Haw.
Obedience = Salvation by Works.
The devil's masterpiece man of straw.
Like C.D. Brooks used to say:
"You can't be saved by works, but you ain't gonna be saved without 'em."

Upvote 0

pasifika

Apr 1, 2019
Waikato
✟163,616.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So get to the point. Should I be worried because I haven't cast out any demons or performed miraculous healing or not? Make up your mind, please. This off-topic discussion is going nowhere. In fact, if you want to discuss this any further, I think you should start a thread or PM me.
Well, we should be worry if we preach Christ with no power to demonstrate or show that He really lives in us....anyway I will stop this off topic discussion....

Upvote 0

Jesse Johnson

Mar 2, 2020
Northeast
✟7,632.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Well, we should be worry if we preach Christ with no power to demonstrate or show that He really lives in us....anyway I will stop this off topic discussion....
But only if you get the last word, right? You've done a lot of preaching here, but you've stated that you've experienced none of the power to demonstrate that He really lives in you. Only perseverence in aquired faith. So should you be worried? I'm just trying to get this straight. But I'll drop it if you will.

Upvote 0

pasifika

Apr 1, 2019
Waikato
✟163,616.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
But only if you get the last word, right? You've done a lot of preaching here, but you've stated that you've experienced none of the power to demonstrate that He really lives in you. Only perseverence in aquired faith. So should you be worried? I'm just trying to get this straight. But I'll drop it if you will.
I wasn't the one who say it was an "off topic"...I thought everything in the bible are all linked together we just need to understand how it related...
Should I be worried? If Christ is Not with me then yes...very worried..

Upvote 0

Jesse Johnson

Mar 2, 2020
Northeast
✟7,632.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I wasn't the one who say it was an "off topic"...I thought everything in the bible are all linked together we just need to understand how it related...
Should I be worried? If Christ is Not with me then yes...very worried..
I guess we're not dropping it. Is He with you? Testimony time.

Upvote 0

JLB777

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2012
✟403,811.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
No need, as you have a lot of catching up to do if you would like to have a discussion with me. As you have ignored nearly all of my questions to you and the scriptures provided to you that answer your questions.

If you believe that God's 4th commandment has not been abolished why do you not keep it when there is no scripture that says God's 4th commandment of the 10 commandments have been abolished and when the scriptures teach breaking anyone of God's 10 commandments is sin *JAMES 2:10-11; 1 JOHN 3:4? Does this not worry you? It should (please read ACTS 17:30-31 and HEBREWS 10:26-39).Why do these scriptures not concern you in your view?

Please read post in post # 701 linked and many others before that. I will not be answering any more of your questions until you start answering mine. Once you do this I will be happy to continue answering your questions. A discussion goes two ways and I do not believe you are here for a discussion in regards to the OP here. Please stop derailing this thread. Sorry dear friend I have already answered you many times in relation to this matter. Give it a rest.

More dodging I see.

Brother, maybe you should spend more time studying the scriptures, rather than promoting man made doctrines, then you would understand the scriptures you claim to be upholding.

Hope this helps.

JLB

Upvote 0

JLB777

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2012
✟403,811.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Yeah, not really. I was interpreting the implication of your reply. I have no idea what you meant; only what you wrote.

As One Who had to remain sinless in order to be our Substitute on the cross (as were the animal offerings in the "shadows of good things to come), which covenant was Christ under: new or old?

If old (which He was), then He was most certainly obligated to keep the "Sabbath according to the law of Moses," just as he did in circumcision and presentation (Luke 2:21-24), and the observance of the feast of Passover (Luke 2:41-42), and as he advised others (Matthew 8:4).

The Abrahamic Covenant, that He made with Abraham, to which the law of Moses was added because of transgressions.

Now to Abraham and his Seed were the promises made. He does not say, “And to seeds,” as of many, but as of one, “And to your Seed,” who is Christ. And this I say, that the law, which was four hundred and thirty years later, cannot annul the covenant that was confirmed before by God in Christ, that it should make the promise of no effect. For if the inheritance is of the law, it is no longer of promise; but God gave it to Abraham by promise.
What purpose then does the law serve? It was added because of transgressions, till the Seed should come to whom the promise was made; and it was appointed through angels by the hand of a mediator. Galatians 3:16-19

Do you believe Christ was a transgressor of His own Covenant?

JLB

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
More dodging I see.

Brother, maybe you should spend more time studying the scriptures, rather than promoting man made doctrines, then you would understand the scriptures you claim to be upholding.

Hope this helps.

JLB

Not at all dear friend. It is you doing the dodging as evidenced in the very post you are quoting from so we will have to agree to disagree. Please read post # 701 linked and many others before that. Your simply repeating yourself again.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jesse Johnson
Upvote 0

Jesse Johnson

Mar 2, 2020
Northeast
✟7,632.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Do you believe Christ was a transgressor of His own Covenant?
Way to spin.

As long as we're emitting nonsense:

The world's my oyster soup kitchen floor wax museum.

What shall we say then? Is the law sin? God forbid. Nay, I had not known sin, but by the law: for I had not known lust, except the law had said, Thou shalt not covet.
Romans 7:7

So Christ was once offered to bear the sins of many; and unto them that look for him shall he appear the second time without sin unto salvation.
Hebrews 9:28

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
It's just the same ol' Hee-Haw.
Obedience = Salvation by Works.
The devil's masterpiece man of straw.
Like C.D. Brooks used to say:
"You can't be saved by works, but you ain't gonna be saved without 'em."

Yes JJ, there is a lot of truth in this post. Thanks for sharing.

Reactions: Jesse Johnson
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Jesse Johnson

Mar 2, 2020
Northeast
✟7,632.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I thought everything in the bible are all linked together we just need to understand how it related...
This is actually very insightful, by the way. Very, very impressive. You almost never encounter this kind of wisdom in Christianity today. I'm being serious here.

Upvote 0

Jesse Johnson

Mar 2, 2020
Northeast
✟7,632.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
(Colossians 2:16)
Or of the Sabbath days - Greek, "of the Sabbaths." The word Sabbath in the Old Testament is applied not only to the seventh day, but to all the days of holy rest that were observed by the Hebrews, and particularly to the beginning and close of their great festivals. There is, doubtless, reference to those days in this place, since the word is used in the plural number, and the apostle does not refer particularly to the Sabbath properly so called. There is no evidence from this passage that he would teach that there was no obligation to observe any holy time, for there is not the slightest reason to believe that he meant to teach that one of the ten commandments had ceased to be binding on mankind. If he had used the word in the singular number - "the Sabbath," it would then, of course, have been clear that he meant to teach that that commandment had ceased to be binding, and that a Sabbath was no longer to be observed. But the use of the term in the plural number, and the connection, show that he had his eye on the great number of days which were observed by the Hebrews as festivals, as a part of their ceremonial and typical law, and not to the moral law, or the Ten Commandments. No part of the moral law - no one of the ten commandments could be spoken of as "a shadow of good things to come." These commandments are, from the nature of moral law, of perpetual and universal obligation.—Albert Barnes, Notes on the New Testament: Explanatory and Practical. Vol. VII: Ephesians, Philippians, and Colossians, c. 1835

Upvote 0

Jesse Johnson

Mar 2, 2020
Northeast
✟7,632.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
It is plain from the argument that the Sabbath is here regarded not as it was primevally (Genesis 2:3) “made for man” (Mark 2:27), God’s benignant gift, fenced with precept and prohibition only for His creature’s bodily and spiritual benefit; but as it was adopted to be a symbolic institution of the Mosaic covenant, and expressly adapted to relation between God and Israel (Exodus 31:12-17); an aspect of the Sabbath which governs much of the language of the O.T. about it. In that respect the Sabbath was abrogated, as the sacrifices were abrogated, and the New Israelite enters upon the spiritual realities foreshadowed by it as by them. The Colossian Christian who declined the ceremonial observance of the Sabbath in this respect was right. An altogether different question arises when the Christian is asked to “secularize” the weekly Rest which descends to us from the days of Paradise, and which is as vitally necessary as ever for man’s physical and spiritual well-being.--Cambridge Bible for Schools and Colleges (Commentary), Colossians & Philemon - H. C. G. Moule - 1898

Upvote 0

JLB777

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2012
✟403,811.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Not at all dear friend. It is you doing the dodging as evidenced in the very post you are quoting from so we will have to agree to disagree. Please read post # 701 linked and many others before that. Your simply repeating yourself again.

I’ve read your posts they all say the same thing, just a repeat with no scriptures commanding the Church to keep the law of Moses.

But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under the law.
Galatians 5:18

Please explain why you think the Church is required to keep the law of Moses to be saved?

JLB

Upvote 0

JLB777

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2012
✟403,811.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Way to spin.

What shall we say then? Is the law sin? God forbid. Nay, I had not known sin, but by the law: for I had not known lust, except the law had said, Thou shalt not covet.

So Christ was once offered to bear the sins of many; and unto them that look for him shall he appear the second time without sin unto salvation.

So you believe Christ sinned?

JLB

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

JLB777

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2012
✟403,811.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Way to spin.

Please explain why you think the Church is required to keep the law of Moses to be saved?

JLB

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I’ve read your posts they all say the same thing, just a repeat with no scriptures commanding the Church to keep the law of Moses.

JLB

Wrong answer from you my dear friend. Actually all I have posted is scripture. Thanks for sharing though. Please read post # 701 linked and many others before that. Your simply repeating yourself again. o_O

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Or of the Sabbath days - Greek, "of the Sabbaths." The word Sabbath in the Old Testament is applied not only to the seventh day, but to all the days of holy rest that were observed by the Hebrews, and particularly to the beginning and close of their great festivals. There is, doubtless, reference to those days in this place, since the word is used in the plural number, and the apostle does not refer particularly to the Sabbath properly so called. There is no evidence from this passage that he would teach that there was no obligation to observe any holy time, for there is not the slightest reason to believe that he meant to teach that one of the ten commandments had ceased to be binding on mankind. If he had used the word in the singular number - "the Sabbath," it would then, of course, have been clear that he meant to teach that that commandment had ceased to be binding, and that a Sabbath was no longer to be observed. But the use of the term in the plural number, and the connection, show that he had his eye on the great number of days which were observed by the Hebrews as festivals, as a part of their ceremonial and typical law, and not to the moral law, or the Ten Commandments. No part of the moral law - no one of the ten commandments could be spoken of as "a shadow of good things to come." These commandments are, from the nature of moral law, of perpetual and universal obligation.—Albert Barnes, Notes on the New Testament: Explanatory and Practical. Vol. VII: Ephesians, Philippians, and Colossians, c. 1835

Yep nice to see someone reads their bible. Great few posts Jesse, thanks for sharing your view with us.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.