'As we treat the least of our brothers...' RIP GA
Site Supporter
Aug 29, 2006
✟72,846.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I was slow to respond because the real evidence of the loss of self from sexual promiscuity is seen in life more than in the Bible - but you only quoted half the passage. It says that every other sin is OUTSIDE of yourself, which strongly implies that this issue effects the INSIDE, and it does. Here is how it works. God has made sexual urges strong for most people. This strong urge is nearly undeniable. It was designed by God to be like that AFTER marriage, so God made it so that, as long as your goal is purity before marriage (which I defined for my kids as no inappropriate contentography and no romantic entanglement until you find the one you want to marry) then the sexual urges are distinctly easier to control and suppress. They only get crazy hard if you feed them - and they get harder and harder to control the more you feed them. Most people haven't learned this because the goal of most young people today (even many Christian youth) is to have as much sex as they can as early as they can ...so they don't notice that they are addicted.
Really? In your experience, does sexual desire markedly increase as the marriage progresses? I mean, if so, good for you. But I think most people see about a year of high libido and then start fading into a routine over the next few years. Post children it gets a bit more difficult as you are distracted by everything else going on, so we can set that aside.

Upvote 0

Tetra

Dec 18, 2016
Earth
✟64,448.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Really? In your experience, does sexual desire markedly increase as the marriage progresses? I mean, if so, good for you. But I think most people see about a year of high libido and then start fading into a routine over the next few years. Post children it gets a bit more difficult as you are distracted by everything else going on, so we can set that aside.
Sexual libido would be proportional to the amount of testosterone one has. For me, my partner and I are 34 with 2 kids and married 13 years... and most certainly still active in that regard... and we certainly don't have a "routine".

Reactions: byhisgrace7
Upvote 0

Tetra

Dec 18, 2016
Earth
✟64,448.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It actually does make sense, but I will say I think it works both ways... premarital sex not only takes pieces from the female but it also takes pieces from the male too and it creates soul ties.
Where does it say sex takes "pieces" from people in the Bible? Where does it say sex creates "soul ties" in the Bible?

Upvote 0

Tetra

Dec 18, 2016
Earth
✟64,448.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Ummm no, there is no such thing as a "soul tie". This sound like conjecture and doesn't have a Scriptural basis.

I would most likely be in agreement with this position:
"The phrase “soul ties” is not in the Bible; rather, the idea of soul ties is a man-made speculation which some teachers superimpose onto Scripture in an attempt to explain certain human behaviors. Soul ties are said to be connections from one person's soul to (or into) another person's soul, a concept that has no basis in Scripture"
www.gotquestions.org/amp/soul-ties.html

Upvote 0

[serious]

'As we treat the least of our brothers...' RIP GA
Site Supporter
Aug 29, 2006
✟72,846.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Sexual libido would be proportional to the amount of testosterone one has. For me, my partner and I are 34 with 2 kids and married 13 years... and most certainly still active in that regard... and we certainly don't have a "routine".
But be honest, are you as active in that department now as you were the first year? My wife and I are likewise quite active, but it's gone from every single day (sometimes more) to a few times a week.

Also, novelty tends to increase libido without any corresponding increase in testosterone. If your wife tells you "I want to (insert novel thing) with you", you will probably be a bit more aroused than if she says "I want to (thing you do all the time)". While hormonal changes can have an impact, you can't really simplify it down to just that.

Upvote 0