✟36,619.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Question:

I have seen it defined that if you ever had sex with someone that equalled marriage.
that was how I was taught but I feel that is not the case. That there needs to be a covenant so to speak and having God in mind when marrying. People say oh now you are living in adultery since you are not with the person you lost your virginity too..

Before coming to Christ I had many relationships some years and some months and sex was involved.

Finally 3 years ago I was married to my husband who I met on Chrisitan mingle btw.

We did the whole born again virign thing and abstained from sex before marriage since for both of us our whole lives we did it wrong by having sex with others.

• Informative
Reactions: vinsight4u

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Repentance, completely, is needed, as Yahweh directs.
One example never taught it seems is very clear :

1 Corinthians 6:16 - Bible Gateway
Or do you not know and realize that when a man joins himself to a prostitute, he becomes one body with ... For He says [in Gen 2:24] “the two will be one flesh”.

Reactions: lamb7
Upvote 0

lamb7

Little Lamb
Jul 19, 2017
USA
✟36,619.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Repentance, completely, is needed, as Yahweh directs.
One example never taught it seems is very clear :

Or do you not know and realize that when a man joins himself to a prostitute, he becomes one body with ... For He says [in Gen 2:24] “the two will be one flesh”.

I did repent since this was before my coming to Christ... once we came to Christ we did not have sex until marriage, I am now Married. I don't think I should divorce my husband to go be with my first person I lost my virginity too.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
I did repent since this was before my coming to Christ... I am now Married. I don't think I should divorce my husband to go be with my first person I lost my virginity too.
You are correct. To divorce your husband now would be an added sin, and is not suggested. There's no reason here to think your repentance was not correct and effective in God's Sight and God's Plan.

Upvote 0

lamb7

Little Lamb
Jul 19, 2017
USA
✟36,619.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
You are correct. To divorce your husband now would be an added sin, and is not suggested. There's no reason here to think your repentance was not correct and effective in God's Sight and God's Plan.

Ok I was so worried I was sitting here like oh no I am in sin because I got married after all that fornication in my past.. Phew! Yea I felt God would not want me to do that.

It was so refreshing that we waited to have sex before marriage after living our whole adult life not doing that , it was worth it and the Holy Spirit is to thank for keeping that straight for us.

We were mocked by unbelievers and inspired fellow believers. Glad God is part of our life now. ♥

Upvote 0

Southernscotty

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2018
Arkansas
✟504,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Celibate
Many of us have made mistakes in the past, But the best part is that the past is just that, *PAST* ...
1 John 1:9 Says God is faithful and just to forgive us when we ask for it :]

Upvote 0

lamb7

Little Lamb
Jul 19, 2017
USA
✟36,619.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

Thank you for your help ♥

Upvote 0

Dave G.

May 22, 2017
Sandiwich
✟324,779.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Thank you for that ♥
When you guys came to Christ and became born again I assume you had a time of reflection in your hearts to have your past sins forgiven. You repented, you abstained and you married. Your old sins are forgiven and scripture says they are not just forgiven but forgotten in Hebrews 8:12 New International Version
For I will forgive their wickedness and will remember their sins no more."

• Agree
Reactions: lamb7
Upvote 0

Kevin Snow

May 14, 2018
Wesley Chapel
✟24,373.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
Just keep in mind that you are totally right. When you feel guilt about how you should go back to your original husband, that is not a lie. God did make marriage and that is the sex. But the moment you commit adultery by lying with someone else, then you can't go back to the original, as it says here:

If a man divorces his wife and she goes from him and becomes another man’s wife, will he return to her? Would not that land be greatly polluted? You have played the harlot with many lovers; and would you return to me? declares the LORD. ~Jeremiah 3:1

So understand that adultery is immediately divorce from the past persons. But since you've repented of your former ways, you are forgiven! God has called you to peace. Therefore let those things be forgotten.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Says God is faithful and just to forgive us when we ask for it

Not translated right.

There is a complete difference between "ask for it" VS repent (change of heart).

A multitude of people "think" they are surely forgiven, and aren't, because they didn't repent - they did not have a change of heart nor change of life/ actions.

Upvote 0

lamb7

Little Lamb
Jul 19, 2017
USA
✟36,619.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Just keep in mind that you are totally right. When you feel guilt about how you should go back to your original husband, that is not a lie. God did make marriage and that is the sex. But the moment you commit adultery by lying with someone else, then you can't go back to the original, as it says here:

If a man divorces his wife and she goes from him and becomes another man’s wife, will he return to her? Would not that land be greatly polluted? You have played the harlot with many lovers; and would you return to me? declares the LORD. ~Jeremiah 3:1

So understand that adultery is immediately divorce from the past persons. But since you've repented of your former ways, you are forgiven! God has called you to peace. Therefore let those things be forgotten.

Thank you for your post ♥

Upvote 0

lamb7

Little Lamb
Jul 19, 2017
USA
✟36,619.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
When you guys came to Christ and became born again I assume you had a time of reflection in your hearts to have your past sins forgiven. You repented, you abstained and you married. Your old sins are forgiven and scripture says they are not just forgiven but forgotten in Hebrews 8:12 New International Version
For I will forgive their wickedness and will remember their sins no more."

Thank you for the post I agree.

Reactions: Dave G.
Upvote 0

lamb7

Little Lamb
Jul 19, 2017
USA
✟36,619.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

My first person I was with cheated on me days after we lost virginity so yea.. Fail... we tried to make it work but he left me anyway..

Upvote 0

Southernscotty

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2018
Arkansas
✟504,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Celibate
Not translated right.

There is a complete difference between "ask for it" VS repent (change of heart).

A multitude of people "think" they are surely forgiven, and aren't, because they didn't repent - they did not have a change of heart nor change of life/ actions.
Well yes I agree the heart must be involved and an empty prayer is useless, I just assumed she realized this since she is a christian. Thank for pointing it out.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

lamb7

Little Lamb
Jul 19, 2017
USA
✟36,619.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Well yes I agree the heart must be involved and an empty prayer is useless, I just assumed she realized this since she is a christian. Thank for pointing it out.

Yes ♥

Upvote 0

Dave G.

May 22, 2017
Sandiwich
✟324,779.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
My first person I was with cheated on me days after we lost virginity so yea.. Fail... we tried to make it work but he left me anyway..
lamb7, non of that matters anymore, it's over with. Consider the account of the woman at the well, after that encounter she went on to win a whole town to Jesus..

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.