enroute
✟1,404,751.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I believe believers will know the very day we will be leaving here. Noah was many years building the ark, but God told him when to stop building and to go inside.I do believe God's nature as displayed in the Bible is what we will see in the end. He will not do anything until He lets us know plainly what is going to happen. God told Abraha that He was about to destroy Sodom and Gomorrah, He told Elijah and the prophets that He was going to take Elijah.I think He will tell us.

• Agree
Reactions: Eljai
Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,404,751.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
The current state of the world is enough to start the mind spinning.:scratch: Stick with God is my advice.
That's my plan. So many prophecies and false doctrines lets me know that God in His supernatural sovereignty knows how to let everyone know for sure.

Upvote 0

FredVB

Mar 11, 2010
America
Visit site
✟268,078.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Handmaid for Jesus said:
I believe believers will know the very day we will be leaving here. Noah was many years building the ark, but God told him when to stop building and to go inside.I do believe God's nature as displayed in the Bible is what we will see in the end. He will not do anything until He lets us know plainly what is going to happen. God told Abraha that He was about to destroy Sodom and Gomorrah, He told Elijah and the prophets that He was going to take Elijah.I think He will tell us.

So many prophecies and false doctrines lets me know that God in His supernatural sovereignty knows how to let everyone know for sure.

Yahweh does announce some things to certain individuals in the scriptures. Yet the time of his coming for all of us who are believers is to happen as a thief in the night. Where we are told that no one knows the day or the hour, besides Yahweh God alone there are no exceptions being shown. Yet indeed we are already told of the coming to happen like that, and the signs to watch for, so we see how things are set up for it. We will still see things worsening as it comes closer toward the end time scenario, and while we should work toward betterment ourselves and not shirk our responsibility in that, which will help it from going the worst way, we can know it is coming when there are signs to show it, and we have these things to warn us and for us being ready. These are enough and God is not needing to give more announcement for it, false teachers notwithstanding.

Upvote 0

SeventyOne

May 2, 2015
✟167,098.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
The world will have 24 hours to prepare for the Lord's Day of wrath. Jeremiah 6:24-26, Jeremiah 30:6-7, Ezekiel 7:17

I think it's interesting that two of the passages you quoted are given in the context of the troubles coming when a woman is in labor. That seems to be a common theme with this subject.

Consider Isaiah 26:19-21, "Your dead shall live; their bodies shall rise. You who dwell in the dust, awake and sing for joy! For your dew is a dew of light, and the earth will give birth to the dead. Come, my people, enter your chambers, and shut your doors behind you; hide yourselves for a little while until the fury has passed by. For behold, the LORD is coming out from his place to punish the inhabitants of the earth for their iniquity, and the earth will disclose the blood shed on it, and will no more cover its slain."

We see the Lord gathering His people before unleashing His fury on the inhabitants of the earth. The interesting part that pertains more to your scriptures is that verses 17 and 18 provide a context for these verses of a woman also in labor.

1 Thessalonians 5:3 also likens the coming of the Day of the Lord as a woman in labor. The very next verse tells us that day will not surprise those who are not in darkness. We who are watching will see it coming.

Then we look at Revelation 12 where we see something very similar, a woman in labor, the catching up of His body (the Church) to the Lord. So the OP asks if we will be given a sign, I think we've been given one already, and it's in 158 days.

Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,404,751.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
So the OP asks if we will be given a sign, I think we've been given one already, and it's in 158 days.
There is so much division within the Body of Christ. Everyone thinks they have it right. Well, the OP is wondering about all of these varying points of view.IMHO there is only one pov that is right and that is our Heavenly Father's point of view.I am not saying that what you are saying is wrong. I am with you really,but maybe a little bit muted about it. However, the possibility that this could also be wrong remains. The point in the OP is Noah was absolutely sure WHEN the rains would come.

Upvote 0

SeventyOne

May 2, 2015
✟167,098.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
There is so much division within the Body of Christ. Everyone thinks they have it right. Well, the OP is wondering about all of these varying points of view.IMHO there is only one pov that is right and that is our Heavenly Father's point of view.I am not saying that what you are saying is wrong. I am with you really,but maybe a little bit muted about it. However, the possibility that this could also be wrong remains. The point in the OP is Noah was absolutely sure WHEN the rains would come.

I've seen a lot of people throughout the years claim knowledge about events by looking at the prophecies and then citing Amos 3:7, "For the Lord GOD does nothing without revealing his secret to his servants the prophets", and then turn right around and say the rapture can occur at any time. That never really made any sense to me.

Do I think the Rev 12 sign concerning the rapture is wrong? No, I do not. Do I think it's possible we could be reading the coming event incorrectly as the Rev 12 sign? Sure, it's possible in the way buying a winning lottery ticket is possible. Always a very slim chance.

I do understand being a bit gun-shy and not pulling the trigger and getting on board. There have been so many others who have claimed to know when the Lord would return due to some calculation or dream. I get that people generally don't want to look like idiots if it can be avoided. As for myself, I haven't changed any of my ways. I'm still employed with the same company I've been with for the last 17 years. My kids are still in school, I'm still paying all my bills, and life goes on. I'm even running for a seat on my town council, and I have that election coming up in 15 days.

The difference here is not that someone came up with some elaborate set of calculations or some impressively crowded chart, but when the manchild is properly identified and people toss away that lie they've been told about it depicting some past event, one can make the connection that the Lord really did reveal the rapture event to His people after all.

Noah was indeed sure when the rain would come because it was a clear revelation from the Lord. He was told directly by God, "in seven days I will send rain on the earth". I really believe He's told those of us who are watching that in 155 days from today, He will gather His people unto Himself.

Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,404,751.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I really believe He's told those of us who are watching that in 155 days from today, He will gather His people unto Himself.
I hope you are right! And we shall see.

Upvote 0

SeventyOne

May 2, 2015
✟167,098.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
I hope you are right! And we shall see.

Unfortunately, I also think there will be a lot of war, death, and turmoil before that date. This is just me speculating. I made that comment here on the forum and to my family a while back, before any of the increased tensions and massing of troops in places around the world. Now we have NATO and Russian troops squaring off at the Russian border, the bombing of Syria and increased troop movements there, as well as China, Russia, the U.S., and Japan in some serious military posturing around N. Korea. This will likely be a summer to remember. Obviously, none of those events has caused me to back off of my speculation.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

parousia70

Livin' in yesterday's tomorrow
Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟799,454.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Yet the time of his coming for all of us who are believers is to happen as a thief in the night.

Doesn't scripture state the exact opposite of that?

Isn't it the unbelievers that experience the Thief in the night coming?

According to scripture, The Believer, who is awake and watching, does not experience His coming as a thief"

1 Thessalonians 5:4 But you, brethren, are not in darkness, so that this Day should overtake you as a thief.

Matthew 24:43
But know this, that if the master of the house had known what hour the thief would come, he would have watched and not allowed his house to be broken into.

Luke 12:39
But know this, that if the master of the house had known what hour the thief would come, he would have watched and not allowed his house to be broken into.

Revelation 3:3
Remember therefore how you have received and heard; hold fast and repent. Therefore if you will not watch, I will come upon you as a thief, and you will not know what hour I will come upon you.

The thief's coming only befalls those who are NOT watching.
And according to Revelation 3:3, the thief's coming must have already befallen those in 1st century Sardis who were not watching.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,404,751.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Unfortunately, I also think there will be a lot of war, death, and turmoil before that date. This is just me speculating. I made that comment here on the forum and to my family a while back, before any of the increased tensions and massing of troops in places around the world. Now we have NATO and Russian troops squaring off at the Russian border, the bombing of Syria and increased troop movements there, as well as China, Russia, the U.S., and Japan in some serious military posturing around N. Korea. This will likely be a summer to remember. Obviously, none of those events has caused me to back off of my speculation.
I am definitely in agreement with your speculation here.Did you look at the Earth Calamities and Rumors of War thread? There is suppose to be a "drill" in NY and New Jersey next week. I am a little apprehensive about that, but I trust God to protect me. I pray that nothing untowered happens next week, but, I am being fluid in my thinking just in case.

Upvote 0

SeventyOne

May 2, 2015
✟167,098.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
I am definitely in agreement with your speculation here.Did you look at the Earth Calamities and Rumors of War thread? There is suppose to be a "drill" in NY and New Jersey next week. I am a little apprehensive about that, but I trust God to protect me. I pray that nothing untowered happens next week, but, I am being fluid in my thinking just in case.

No, I haven't seen that thread yet.

Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,404,751.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

Eljai

Aug 27, 2016
Australia
✟9,461.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Back to the OP. Fact is, Noah knew exactly the day the flood waters would come. He went into the ark seven days before the flood waters. Our Father shut him in. Our Father does nothing without revealing it to His prophets.So, since this is His pattern in the past, can we expect this pattern to repeat?

Yes I think that God uses patterns. I think the Noah story is similar to what may happen with the Rapture and Tribulation (keeps the believers safe and locked away from the storm). 7 days before the rain. 7 years of the GT before He returns, 7 days of the Marriage Supper etc.
They key 'countdown' moment will be the Peace Treaty in the Middle East. The the 7 years can start ticking.
We 'don't know the day or the hour' until that moment. Then we WILL know the day and hour of the Second Coming. It's a very strong point in the pre-trib position.

(I hope this hasn't been said before - having a bit of newbie trouble negotiating these forums and figuring out how to follow along and post a comment!)

We are way off topic so let us get back to the OP.

Do you think the body of Christ will know as Noah knew exactly when the GT will begin ?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,404,751.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
(I hope this hasn't been said before - having a bit of newbie trouble negotiating these forums and figuring out how to follow along and post a comment!)
:) No this had not been said before. Welcome to CF Eschatology Forums. Just jump in with both feet

Upvote 0

Dave Watchman

Jan 10, 2014
✟67,573.00
Faith
Christian
I found this little 11 minute video.

It's not bad, and i remembered this thread.

And if there were some sort of warning, I found a place that interested me. A spot where a warning might be.

Christmas Eve marks seven days before the "days of Noah" count of the 371 days that he spent inside the ark. It would be 12/31 and 1/1 that would begin a count of 370/371 days until a "darkened sun" and a moon that will not give it's light.

Iw4141E.jpg

Jesus said that the Son of Man will come at an hour when you do not expect Him.

People all over the world will be distracted on Christmas Eve.

Upvote 0

Quasar92

Site Supporter
Aug 7, 2016
Lexington, KY 40517
Visit site
✟332,574.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Let no man deceive you by any means: forthat day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition; (2 Thess 2:3).

When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand: Then let them which be in Judaea flee into the mountains:...
(Matthew 24:15,16).

An interesting selection of Scripture. The second verse you quoted is Mt.24:15, addressed exclusively to Israel, as Jesus made abundantly clear in Mt.15:24. Which is a prophetic event that will take place at the mid-point, 3.5 years into the 7 year tribulation.

The first verse you quoted is 2 Thess.2:3, Paul addressed to the Church, about the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and our gathering unto Him, as recorded in verse one. Which is a direct reference to 1 Thess.4:17, about the Church being caught up to meet the Lord in the air, where we will be with Him forever, confirming Jn.14:2-3 and 28. The pre-trib rapture of the Church. Which will take place 3.5 years before Mt.24:15, the second verse you quoted, takes place.

The following is a four post link on the Biblical teaching of the pre-trib rapture of the Church, that will completely remove the Church, before the coming tribulation and the wrath of God, takes place, as recorded in 1 Thess.1:10:

The Biblical teaching of the pre-trib rapture of the Church - a deeper walk...

Quasar92

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The second verse you quoted is Mt.24:15, addressed exclusively to Israel

Mar 13:3  And as he sat upon the mount of Olives over against the temple, Peter and James and John and Andrew asked him privately, 
Mar 13:4  Tell us, when shall these things be? and what shall be the sign when all these things shall be fulfilled? 
Mar 13:5  And Jesus answering them began to say, Take heed lest any man deceive you: 

Reactions: jgr
Upvote 0