Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
"the master of that servant will come on a day
when he does not expect him and at an hour he does not know
But this servant in this scripture is not watching for his Master, but is abusing other servants.

Upvote 0

Dave Watchman

Jan 10, 2014
✟67,573.00
Faith
Christian
But this servant in this scripture is not watching for his Master, but is abusing other servants.

The parable still calls both guys "servants".

The one who is NOT "faithful and wise" will be surprised.

The master of that servant will come on a day when he does not expect him and at an hour he does not know.

Upvote 0

toLiJC

Jun 18, 2012
✟35,877.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Gen 7:4 For yet seven days, and I will cause it to rain upon the earth forty days and forty nights; and every living substance that I have made will I destroy from off the face of the earth.KJV

Gen. 7:4 For in seven days I will send rain on the earth forty days and forty nights, and every living thing that I have made I will blot out from the face of the ground.” ESV

Gen. 7:4 Seven days from now I will send rain on the earth for forty days and forty nights, and I will wipe from the face of the earth every living creature I have made.” NIV

Amos 3:7 Surely the Lord God will do nothing, but he revealeth his secret unto his servants the prophets.

According to scripture, Noah knew the day exactly when the rain would start the flood. Do you believe the Church, the Body of Christ will receive like knowledge of he onset of the start of the tribulation events .

the great tribulation has already begun, some people already know from experience that now is the last time when the true Saints and followers/worshipers of the true God are most persecuted, but the persecutions against them are largely spiritual i.e. in a spiritual/occult way, i can also say, without boasting about any thing of myself, i also know form experience the people that speak the perfect truth of the true Lord God are most hated and persecuted now, albeit largely in a spiritual/occult way, if a man is a part of the kingdom of human(666) religion, then he may not be so persecuted, and may even not suffer, but if a man is devoted/faithful to the true Lord God, then he may be very persecuted, even enormously, but the worshipers/clerics of the system of human(666) religion may even not know that the great tribulation already began

Blessings

Reactions: Dave Watchman
Upvote 0

Dave Watchman

Jan 10, 2014
✟67,573.00
Faith
Christian
the great tribulation has already begun, some people already know

from experience that now is the last time when the true Saints and followers/worshipers of the true God are most persecuted, but the persecutions against them are largely spiritual i.e. in a spiritual/occult way, i can also say, without boasting about any thing of myself, i also know form experience the people that speak the perfect truth of the true Lord God are most hated and persecuted now, albeit largely in a spiritual/occult way, if a man is a part of the kingdom of human(666) religion, then he may not be so persecuted, and may even not suffer, but if a man is devoted/faithful to the true Lord God, then he may be very persecuted, even enormously, but the worshipers/clerics of the system of human(666) religion may even not know that the great tribulation already began

Man, I nearly took a stroke when I read the first line of your note.

It must be in the way that you punctuate your message.

I thought that I was the only one who knew.

Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,404,292.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
The 10 virgins knew the bridegroom was coming...
but not exactly when the bridegroom was coming
and they all fell asleep waiting...

Yes they did.However the cry went out that the bridegroom was coming. They had warning enough to waken and trim their lamps. All of them woke up at the same time. Some were ready and some were not ready. But all of them had the same warning.

Reactions: AlasBabylon
Upvote 0

AlasBabylon

Mystic
May 8, 2012
Seeking a better country
✟17,196.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Yes they did.However the cry went out that the bridegroom was coming. They had warning enough to waken and trim their lamps. All of them woke up at the same time. Some were ready and some were not ready. But all of them had the same warning.

God's prophets sound the alarm... but the people do not always heed the warning.

That's why I mentioned Ezekiel's ministry in a previous post here. God said Ezekiel was His watchman on the wall [Ezekiel 3:17.]
God told Ezekiel that the people will not hearken to him. The people would not heed God [that's why they were living in sin]...
nor would they heed Ezekiel. But God gave them a warning just the same... and when it came to pass, the people would know
a prophet had been in their midst.

Upvote 0

parousia70

Livin' in yesterday's tomorrow
Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟799,454.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
"I found Israel like grapes in the wilderness; I saw your forefathers as the earliest fruit on the fig tree in its first season

So you think it was just one big coinkydink that those historical neighbors of Israel all came back to life at about the same time as the Fig? It's not that I don't prefer a literal interpretation, it's that a literal one won't work or make any sense here.

So Israel is the Grape vine & the Fig?
Which Grapes put forth their leaves in 1948 again?

Israel is the Olive Tree anyway.

The Fig tree sheds it's WINTER fruit, not summer.

Which has no effect on the olive tree.

I wonder what you think "all the trees" means.

All trees that put forth leaves in spring. Actual, literal trees, with actual, literal leaves.
I prefer the literal interpretation, which, contrary to your assertion, works perfectly.

When Jesus says: "So also, when you see these things taking place", He has to be talking about the earlier items from the list because the idea here is that He's trying to give us a heads up on the "coming of the son of Man".

I'm in full agreement with that. and NONE of those earlier items on that list is a 20th century establishment of a Multi ethnic, secular, democracy in Palestine called "Israel".

But I understand that it's an incredible thing to consider because it would mean that He is right at the very door now.

James infallibly proclaimed He was right at the very door 1900+ years ago (James 5:8-9)

The gymnastics necessary to assert James was wrong but you are right is astounding.

OT, I was curious about your picture of the dancing animals. I remember your old avatar of the one single psychedelic yellow bear. So I did an image search with tin eye and couldn't find too much except that those same images kept coming up on various cannabis forums. I haven't had a TV in operation since 2006 so for all that I know the little dancing animals may be part of some new sit com or characters in a children's cartoon show.

What are they any way?

Not Cannabis related.

Keep looking (~);}

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,404,292.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others

The Edomite FAKE "Jews" are not "olives" because they are not Israelites.
As Revelation 2:9 and Revelation 3:9 tells us, they are the synagogue of satan.

I fail to understand your meaning in this post.This has nothing to do with whether we, the children of God, will have warning prior to the onset of the events of the GT.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

AlasBabylon

Mystic
May 8, 2012
Seeking a better country
✟17,196.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I fail to understand your meaning in this post.This has nothing to do with whether we, the children of God, will have warning prior to the onset of the events of the GT.

It was in response to a previous post about the symbolism of the word, olive, in the Bible.
Like the word, sheep, it symbolizes Israel. But not all "Jews" are Israelites as both secular
history [Josephus] and the Bible [Revelation 2:9 and Revelation 3:9] tell us. As someone
previously pointed out on this forum, "They went out from us, but they were not of us... "
Who are "they"? The previous verse refers to antichrists [1 John 2:18-19.]

Compare the wording of Revelation 3:9 with the OT quote of Paul in Romans 9:13.

This matches what the Roman-Jewish historian Josephus wrote... Edomites had lost a war
[2nd century BC] and were given the offer to live in the Kingdom of Israel if they "converted"...
which they all did en masse... thereafter Edomites were "Jews" [but they were not Israelites.
They were descendants of Esau, not Jacob.]

Last edited:
Upvote 0

FredVB

Mar 11, 2010
America
Visit site
✟267,976.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Where is whatever I said that has you conclude I was discounting or choosing to discount what God is showing, or indeed that I am such a one that this passage of the second epistle of Peter refers to? Where is it specified that it is Iran that is the chief threat to Israel in their land, in biblical prophecy? You and some others will see it obvious that signs show prophesied change worldwide is extremely close. I believe such change will come, but it isn't obvious to me, or to all others, that it is as close as you say it is. I see it more certain that change will come with America to be weakened or it is facing something more destructive to it, it could involve all our irresponsibility to this world God is providing for us, and with many that are in it.

keras said:
Elam, the southern and western region of Iran:
Isaiah 21:6, Iran and her allies, prepare to attack.
Jeremiah 49:35-36, At the moment of attack, the Lord will destroy them.
Ezekiel 32:24-25, They go to Sheol along with all the godless peoples.

AlasBabylon said:
Elam was the son of Shem [grandson of Noah.] Genesis 10:22

Elam was conquered by Babylon = Jeremiah 49

Secular history tells us that Cyrus [God's anointed king = Isaiah 45] first arose in Elam.
And that dovetails with Jeremiah 49:38 "I will set My throne in Elam." The Babylonian
governor of Elam defected to Cyrus. Cyrus united the Medes/Persians into God's army
[Isaiah 13.] Cyrus conquered Babylon, liberated God's people and decreed the temple
in Jerusalem be rebuilt. Cyrus' Persians ruled from Egypt to India... including Judea...
for two centuries. But Cyrus was different from most kings... he appointed governors
of the different lands from among the people of those lands. Thus Israelites were able
to rule in Judea under the sovereignty and protection of Cyrus, Darius, Xerxes, etc...
during which Jerusalem and the temple were rebuilt. Ezra 6

... Cyrus, He is My shepherd, and shall perform all My pleasure: even saying to Jerusalem,
Thou shalt be built; and to the temple, Thy foundation shall be laid.

Isaiah 44:28.

AlasBabylon said:
As I posted in detail above... in the OT... after Cyrus arose in Elam to create the Persian empire... Persia was Israel's ally.

In Ezekiel 38:5... prophecy about the end of the age... Persia is listed among Gog's allies.

But it is important to note that Cyrus' Persians were different racially [they were Aryans] and religiously [they were
Zoroastrians.] The ancient Zoroastrians worshiped one invisible god they called "Wise Lord", had a form of baptism
and believed in the future resurrection of the dead. Ironically, like the Israelites, Cyruis' Persians were also divided
into 10-12 tribes. I believe they were descendants of the "lost" 10 Northern tribes of Israel that Assyria had resettled
in the "cities of the Medes" in the 8th century BC. 2 Kings 17:6 2 Kings 18:11.

Elam is gone indeed, and it isn't Iran. The tribes of the Kingdom of Israel, to the north of the Kingdom of Judah, were scattered, and many of the people perished and others interbred with other peoples, just as it happened with Samaritans from that, and I am sure there are not tribes of Israelites that are prophesied about descended from them. The tribes of Israel are represented by those who emigrated from that kingdom to the Kingdom of Judah in the times when godliness was pursued there with honoring Yahweh.

It is true powers in the Middle East could come against Israel. There is a unity of nations that will support the rise of the one who will be the Antichrist, I see it is more believable with the characteristics to happen among nations in Europe, they will lead the others against Israel. There will be collapse of nations ahead of that, America among them will not be in power significantly then.

Upvote 0

AlasBabylon

Mystic
May 8, 2012
Seeking a better country
✟17,196.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

Elam was territory on the northeastern part of the Persian Gulf which is now part of Iran.

Elam included Anshan where God's anointed king, Cyrus, arose to power.

Anshan (Persia) - Wikipedia

Elam included Susa [the setting for the book of Esther] which was the winter capital of the Persian empire.

Susa - Wikipedia

Cyrus created the Persian empire that conquered Babylon and ruled the ancient world [including Judea] until Alexander the Great conquered Persia.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Aryeh

Dec 4, 2016
Los Angeles
✟21,820.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Gen 7:4 For yet seven days, and I will cause it to rain upon the earth forty days and forty nights; and every living substance that I have made will I destroy from off the face of the earth.KJV

Gen. 7:4 For in seven days I will send rain on the earth forty days and forty nights, and every living thing that I have made I will blot out from the face of the ground.” ESV

Gen. 7:4 Seven days from now I will send rain on the earth for forty days and forty nights, and I will wipe from the face of the earth every living creature I have made.” NIV

Amos 3:7 Surely the Lord God will do nothing, but he revealeth his secret unto his servants the prophets.

According to scripture, Noah knew the day exactly when the rain would start the flood. Do you believe the Church, the Body of Christ will receive like knowledge of he onset of the start of the tribulation events .

The Church has grown a culture of being proud of being ignorant.

"No one will know the day or hour..." we constantly hear. Except, do we read the entire thing in context?

Christ gives examples of the trib events, and the "statistics" of who will make it. But, He also says that those of us who are Children of God are not to be in darkness about THAT DAY. It cant get clearer.

Prophecy is event-based, not time based. I think people also get messed up over this. For example, we know that the Trump that brings the fire mingled with hail must happen before the millstone is cast into the sea. These events may be five minutes, or five decades apart. This is why we must watch: not our Timex, the word of God and His signs He sent us to be in knowledge - not ignorance.

Many of us will know the precise details of what is to come, and/or be protected by seemingly fantastical coincidental circumstances (like Exodus.) The people of God NOT knowing when He will come back is a ridiculous invention of the (mostly) modern church.

Upvote 0

AlasBabylon

Mystic
May 8, 2012
Seeking a better country
✟17,196.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Them last two posts are informative but off topic. Do I need to post the OP again?

I responded to the most recent comment that was emailed to me today.

As for responding to your original post, I may have already commented that
I believe we have been in an end-time version of the Babylonian captivity
for the past 70 years. From my perspective, this is the tribulation period
which has gotten progressively worse and worse. Of course, others may
not understand tribulation as I do... just as people of Noah's day did not
understand their society was an evil abomination destined for destruction.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,404,292.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
The parable still calls both guys "servants".

The one who is NOT "faithful and wise" will be surprised.

The master of that servant will come on a day when he does not expect him and at an hour he does not know.
But the servant who is watchful, wise and kind will NOT be surprised right? Does that mean there will be a warning?

Upvote 0

Dave Watchman

Jan 10, 2014
✟67,573.00
Faith
Christian
But the servant who is watchful, wise and kind will NOT be surprised right? Does that mean there will be a warning?

That looks good to me. That seems to be how it reads.

"The master of [THAT] servant will come on a day when he does not expect him and at an hour he does not know.

I wonder if the "faithful and wise servant" were to warn the wicked "servant" that the time was near, even at the door. Would that violate the Lord's wishes in Mathew 24?

Gen. 7:4 Seven days from now I will send rain on the earth for forty days and forty nights, and I will wipe from the face of the earth every living creature I have made.” NIV​

I think that it's an excellent idea and a good find. It seems to fit well with: "just like in the days of Noah". I would probably call in too sick to work and just head for the hills. :)

It also seems to fit well with where I think we are in the chronology and for what I think is coming next. I think that we are much deeper into Revelation's narrative than most people realize.

"Then I saw the seven angels who stand before God, and seven trumpets were given to them. And another angel came and stood at the altar with a golden censer, and he was given much incense to offer with the prayers of all the saints on the golden altar before the throne, and the smoke of the incense, with the prayers of the saints, rose before God from the hand of the angel. Then the angel took the censer and filled it with fire from the altar and threw it on the earth, and there were peals of thunder, rumblings, flashes of lightning, and an earthquake.​

What is causing ALL of the saints to be praying simultaneously. Something here is causing ALL of God's people from around the world in all time zones to be praying at the same time just prior to the sudden destruction of a third of the world being burnt up by the first trumpet.

Will we be warned by the first of the seven thunders seven days before?

"Then a voice came from heaven: “I have glorified it, and I will glorify it again.” The crowd that stood there and heard it said that it had thundered. Others said, “An angel has spoken to him.” Jesus answered, “This voice has come for your sake, not mine.

Will the wicked servants only hear "thunder" like the crowd did in John 12?

While the others had heard an actual voice, a communication that had come for their sake.

And this time we're talking about the greatest event in the history of mankind.

"Surely the Lord God will do nothing,
but he revealeth his secret unto his servants the prophets.

Upvote 0

FredVB

Mar 11, 2010
America
Visit site
✟267,976.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Handmaid for Jesus said:
The last two posts are informative but off topic. Do I need to post the OP again?

I think in a way I was answering with my position on that. There are a number of things to happen before the scenario of the prophecies of great tribulations with judgments from Yahweh. I see more and more America is in great trouble and won't last much longer as it is, there won't be more warning than there already is. Some doing what is right, coming away from such, will do better. When believers are taken from the world before judgments for the wickedness comes from Yahweh there isn't warning

Upvote 0