enroute
✟1,404,799.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Gen 7:4 For yet seven days, and I will cause it to rain upon the earth forty days and forty nights; and every living substance that I have made will I destroy from off the face of the earth.KJV

Gen. 7:4 For in seven days I will send rain on the earth forty days and forty nights, and every living thing that I have made I will blot out from the face of the ground.” ESV

Gen. 7:4 Seven days from now I will send rain on the earth for forty days and forty nights, and I will wipe from the face of the earth every living creature I have made.” NIV

Amos 3:7 Surely the Lord God will do nothing, but he revealeth his secret unto his servants the prophets.

According to scripture, Noah knew the day exactly when the rain would start the flood. Do you believe the Church, the Body of Christ will receive like knowledge of he onset of the start of the tribulation events .

keras

Writer of studies on Bible prophecy
Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟293,820.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
According to scripture, Noah knew the day exactly when the rain would start the flood. Do you believe the Church, the Body of Christ will receive like knowledge of he onset of the start of the tribulation events .
No, I do not. Only a few will understand.... Daniel 12:9-10
Although Paul tells us in 1 Thessalonians 5:3-6 we should not be in the dark about the forthcoming Day, the Day of sudden destruction of the ungodly peoples, it is prophesied that only after the Day of the Lord's wrath, will most understand. Revelation 3:3, Deuteronomy 32:28-29, Amos 8:11-13, Isaiah 6:9-10, Isaiah 29:23-24 When My people see what I have done in their midst, then they will praise their Maker and regard the Lord with awe. THEN the confused will have understanding and the obstinate will accept instruction.

Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,404,799.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
No, I do not. Only a few will understand.... Daniel 12:9-10
Although Paul tells us in 1 Thessalonians 5:3-6 we should not be in the dark about the forthcoming Day, the Day of sudden destruction of the ungodly peoples, it is prophesied that only after the Day of the Lord's wrath, will most understand. Revelation 3:3, Deuteronomy 32:28-29, Amos 8:11-13, Isaiah 6:9-10, Isaiah 29:23-24 When My people see what I have done in their midst, then they will praise their Maker and regard the Lord with awe. THEN the confused will have understanding and the obstinate will accept instruction.

So you are saying only a few of the Body of Christ will know the day?:scratch:

• Prayers
Reactions: Dave Watchman
Upvote 0

keras

Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟293,820.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
So you are saying only a few of the Body of Christ will know the day?:scratch:
The prophets say only a few will understand what God has planned. No one will know the exact Day the Lord will take action.
We do know from the signs, that it is very close now.

Upvote 0

ken777

"to live is Christ, and to die is gain"
Aug 6, 2007
Australia
✟48,308.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Gen 7:4 For yet seven days, and I will cause it to rain upon the earth forty days and forty nights; and every living substance that I have made will I destroy from off the face of the earth.KJV

Gen. 7:4 For in seven days I will send rain on the earth forty days and forty nights, and every living thing that I have made I will blot out from the face of the ground.” ESV

Gen. 7:4 Seven days from now I will send rain on the earth for forty days and forty nights, and I will wipe from the face of the earth every living creature I have made.” NIV

Amos 3:7 Surely the Lord God will do nothing, but he revealeth his secret unto his servants the prophets.

I believe the first resurrection (Rev 20:5-6) takes place before the tribulation begins and those who are alive and remain (1 Thes 4:16-17) will see the risen saints, as happened at Jesus' resurrection (Mat 27:53) . Before that time no man will no the day or hour (Mat 25:13) though we certainly have been told to we should recognize the signs of the season (Luke 21:28).

Upvote 0

Douggg

anytime rapture, non-dispensationalist, futurist
May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,693.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private

Only in a certain scenario. Let's assume that 2037 (1967+70 years for a generation) is the limit, everything takes place before then.

The closer we get to 2030 - the less time window there is until the 7 years begin. So if we get to 2028, say, we know that there are only two years left in the window.

Right now that window is 14 years for the 7 years to begin, a long way aways from the 2030 deadline - but time passes quickly.

Upvote 0

Salem

May 6, 2016
Undisclosed
✟8,044.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private

A fascinating question to ponder, had never thought of the seven days you mention, so have nothing useful to offer. Like keras, I've also always believed we can only know the season, that the watchful saint isn't taken completely off guard, like the world. But nothing in scripture is meaningless, something to ponder, in light of Amos 3:7, though we can't take this to mean the Lord is going to reveal more than He already has, that He will come as a thief in the night, no man knowing that time. He has already revealed this "secret" in scripture, and for us to wait and be watchful, don't know what more we should expect. That is, the teaching seems to go against that there would be any further sign(s).

Upvote 0

parousia70

Livin' in yesterday's tomorrow
Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟799,454.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Well, according to Futurism, Noah should have interpreted this message from God to mean: "In 7,000 years I will send rain on the earth for 40,000 years"
Since 1 day = 1000 years

God's time is different than Man's after all..

BTW, How many fish died in the Flood?
How many Fish did Noah take on the ark?

Reactions: Jipsah
Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,404,799.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
A fascinating question to ponder, had never thought of the seven days you mention, so have nothing useful to offer. Like keras, I've also always believed we can only know the season, that the watchful saint isn't taken completely off guard, like the world. But nothing in scripture is meaningless, something to ponder, in light of Amos 3:7, though we can't take this to mean the Lord is going to reveal more than He already has, that He will come as a thief in the night, no man knowing that time. He has already revealed this "secret" in scripture, and for us to wait and be watchful, don't know what more we should expect. That is, the teaching seems to go against that there would be any further sign(s).

It is an interesting question to consider.There is another scripture, well two really, that has puzzled me for some time. Here they are.

Ecc. 1:9 The thing that hath been, it is that which shall be; and that which is done is that which shall be done: and there is no new thing under the sun.

And

Ecc. 3:15 That which hath been is now; and that which is to be hath already been; and God requireth that which is past.KJV

Ecc. 3:15 That which is, already has been; that which is to be, already has been; and God seeks what has been driven away.ESV

Ecc.3:15 Whatever is has already been,
and what will be has been before;
and God will call the past to account.

The first scriptures speaks of the cyclical nature of all things under the sun. If God gave Noah a 7 day heads up, would He not do the same for His children preceding the tribulation when the fit is about to hit the shan? I think we will know, and know for a surety, no guessing.

Reactions: Salem
Upvote 0

Salem

May 6, 2016
Undisclosed
✟8,044.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
It is an interesting question to consider.There is another scripture, well two really, that has puzzled me for some time. Here they are.

Ecc. 1:9 The thing that hath been, it is that which shall be; and that which is done is that which shall be done: and there is no new thing under the sun.

And

Ecc. 3:15 That which hath been is now; and that which is to be hath already been; and God requireth that which is past.KJV

Ecc. 3:15 That which is, already has been; that which is to be, already has been; and God seeks what has been driven away.ESV

Ecc.3:15 Whatever is has already been,
and what will be has been before;
and God will call the past to account.

The first scriptures speaks of the cyclical nature of all things under the sun. If God gave Noah a 7 day heads up, would He not do the same for His children preceding the tribulation when the fit is about to hit the shan? I think we will know, and know for a surety, no guessing.

I love your thinking, and those verses clearly indicate the possibility of what you're saying. I need to look into this, see if I can find anything. You made me also consider how the Lord spent two days with the Samaritans somebody once mentioned, John 4:40 So when the Samaritans were come unto him, they besought him that he would tarry with them: and he abode there two days. Why is that two days in scripture? Some otherwise useless time information? I don't think this is how God's word works, either. Could this be like the Church Age, that two days like 2,000 years the Lord seeking out the Gentiles of the world, before He picks up again with Israel?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

keras

Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟293,820.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
You made me also consider how the Lord spent two days with the Samaritans somebody once mentioned, John 4:40 So when the Samaritans were come unto him, they besought him that he would tarry with them: and he abode there two days. Why is that two days in scripture? Some otherwise useless time information? I don't think this is how God's word works, either. Could this be like the Church Age, that two days like 2,000 years the Lord seeking out the Gentiles of the world, before He picks up again with Israel?
I believe this to be correct. It was another sign, also in the good Samaritan story, where he gave the innkeeper two days wages to look after the injured man. Luke 10:35
But the best prophecy of Jesus telling us He will be away for 2000 years, is Luke 13:32.

Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,404,799.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I love your thinking, and those verses clearly indicate the possibility of what you're saying. I need to look into this, see if I can find anything. You made me also consider how the Lord spent two days with the Samaritans somebody once mentioned, John 4:40 So when the Samaritans were come unto him, they besought him that he would tarry with them: and he abode there two days. Why is that two days in scripture? Some otherwise useless time information? I don't think this is how God's word works, either. Could this be like the Church Age, that two days like 2,000 years the Lord seeking out the Gentiles of the world, before He picks up again with Israel?

Yes! :) See, I think there are all kind of clues in the scripture that we don't see. I completely missed that about the two days with the Samaritans (gentiles). I agree with you that everything in scripture is meaningful, whether we understand it or not.

Upvote 0

Job8

Dec 1, 2014
✟21,583.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Do you believe the Church, the Body of Christ will receive like knowledge of he onset of the start of the tribulation events .
Let no man deceive you by any means: forthat day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition; (2 Thess 2:3).

When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand: Then let them which be in Judaea flee into the mountains:...
(Matthew 24:15,16).

Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,404,799.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I believe this to be correct. It was another sign, also in the good Samaritan story, where he gave the innkeeper two days wages to look after the injured man. Luke 10:35
But the best prophecy of Jesus telling us He will be away for 2000 years, is Luke 13:32.
Yes! :) And the women came to the tomb in the early morning hours of the third day. Matthew 28. Lord Jesus was already risen when they got there. Now maybe I a fishing in the wrong lake, but I believe we are living in the early hours of the third day.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,404,799.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand: Then let them which be in Judaea flee into the mountains:... (Matthew 24:15,16).

I think the AOD is that Muslim mosque sitting where it does not belong. I read that the land was quite desolate before the nation of Israel was established. But that's just me and my opinion.

Reactions: Psalm3704
Upvote 0

Salem

May 6, 2016
Undisclosed
✟8,044.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Yes! :) See, I think there are all kind of clues in the scripture that we don't see. I completely missed that about the two days with the Samaritans (gentiles). I agree with you that everything in scripture is meaningful, whether we understand it or not.

The genius of the word of God is astounding, those details very much worth paying attention to, seeking what may be in them.

A lot of preaching has been done on the parable of the pearl of great price, claiming the pearl is Christ, that He is worth everything we have. This is true, but this is not what the parable is teaching! This illustrates how deep and ingenious the teachings of God are, think you'll like this exegesis of the pearl of great price, if you've not already heard it, incidentally one shared by some fine theologians:

Matthew 13:45 Again, the kingdom of heaven is like unto a merchant man, seeking goodly pearls: 46 Who, when he had found one pearl of great price, went and sold all that he had, and bought it.

An oyster dwells in one of the darkest places on the planet, the bottom of the sea, in the muck, and gets a piece of irritating dirt in it, sort of reminding one of the darkness and dirt of sin. But, around that dirt, a pearl begins to form, covering the dirt, layer upon layer, like a believer being sanctified. In the end, the pearl is harvested, brought into the light, a most beautiful of gems, like being born into the kingdom of heaven, the first resurrection. The Merchant Man is singular, very rich, and gives His all for the pearl, the only One who can afford it, like Christ coming from far off, His riches in glory, giving His all for that pearl. None of us seek after God, nor have anything to buy that pearl with, to some who say the pearl is Christ. So, what is that pearl? The church. Something else interesting, a pearl is unique among gems: it can't be faceted, divided, to produce other gems, rather can only be of value as one.

Is that not just so perfect a teaching, when you consider all the details? This is the mind of God!

Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,404,799.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
The genius of the word of God is astounding, those details very much worth paying attention to, seeking what may be in them.

A lot of preaching has been done on the parable of the pearl of great price, claiming the pearl is Christ, that He is worth everything we have. This is true, but this is not what the parable is teaching! This illustrates how deep and ingenious the teachings of God are, think you'll like this exegesis of the pearl of great price, if you've not already heard it, incidentally one shared by some fine theologians:

Matthew 13:45 Again, the kingdom of heaven is like unto a merchant man, seeking goodly pearls: 46 Who, when he had found one pearl of great price, went and sold all that he had, and bought it.

An oyster dwells in one of the darkest places on the planet, the bottom of the sea, in the muck, and gets a piece of irritating dirt in it, sort of reminding one of the darkness and dirt of sin. But, around that dirt, a pearl begins to form, covering the dirt, layer upon layer, like a believer being sanctified. In the end, the pearl is harvested, brought into the light, a most beautiful of gems, like being born into the kingdom of heaven, the first resurrection. The Merchant Man is singular, very rich, and gives His all for the pearl, the only One who can afford it, like Christ coming from far off, His riches in glory, giving His all for that pearl. None of us seek after God, nor have anything to buy that pearl with, to some who say the pearl is Christ. So, what is that pearl? The church. Something else interesting, a pearl is unique among gems: it can't be faceted, divided, to produce other gems, rather can only be of value as one.

Is that not just so perfect a teaching, when you consider all the details? This is the mind of God!

Yes! :) My pastor and I discussed this revelation that the pearl of great price is the Church several months ago. And how wrongly this has been taught for so many years. We came to the same conclusion. ^_^ LOL! The ax is at the root of the tree!

Upvote 0