USA
✟151,182.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
I found the sermon at last week's Mass interesting. It was about talents and how we should use our talents in ways that will serve God. It was also about the qualities of a good Christian woman and how these are the qualities for a man to look for in a woman to marry.

Reactions: NurseAbigail
Upvote 0

Multifavs

Daughter of God
Site Supporter
May 28, 2017
USA
✟151,182.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
At last week's Mass, the priest talked about this in his sermon: Ask Jesus to heal you from your health issues, and also ask Him to help you serve others. I thought it was a very good idea and did it myself last night. Just thought I'd share that with you. :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Feb 2, 2016
Chattanooga, TN USA
Visit site
✟246,905.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Paul Washer has a few good sermons. Perhaps the only pastor I ever cared to even listen too.
Interesting. I find that surprising considering he's been know to preach fire and brimstone.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

MehGuy

A member of the less neotenous sex..
Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,163,590.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
/shrugs

fear is good office work to prepare a heart for grace, i guess.
Eh, he didn't sugar coat things. Doesn't mean he had no love or care in him. One of the few genuine Christians around.

Ironically it wasn't until I became a Christian that I found other Christians I admire. Most being catholic Nuns and Monks. Sadly during my actual faith I was surrounded by phony and shallow people, and always felt spiritually lonely.

• Agree
Reactions: Swan7
Upvote 0
Feb 2, 2016
Chattanooga, TN USA
Visit site
✟246,905.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Eh, he didn't sugar coat things. Doesn't mean he had no love or care in him. One of the few genuine Christians around.

Ironically it wasn't until I became a Christian that I found other Christians I admire. Most being catholic Nuns and Monks. Sadly during my actual faith I was surrounded by phony and shallow people, and always felt spiritually lonely.
I like you. You've got a good heart. I believe before it's over the Lord's going to draw you back and you'll know His love and have the assurance you'll spend eternity with Him in Heaven.

• Friendly
Reactions: MehGuy
Upvote 0

TheGirlOnFire

By order of the Peaky blinders
Site Supporter
Dec 16, 2014
Hogwarts
✟124,782.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Labour

Maybe you weren't spiritually lonely, but actually Catholic and would find home there ;)

• Friendly
Reactions: MehGuy
Upvote 0

Swan7

Made in the image of His Grace
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2014
Forever Summer
✟435,986.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Man, that really hits me because I felt exactly that a long time ago, but I couldn't bring myself to deny God's existence. You were me a long time ago.

Upvote 0