• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Seeing bright visual artifacts that look like lightning in slow motion

Discussion in 'General Physical Health' started by timewerx, Aug 19, 2017.

1. smalltowngirl86

smalltowngirl86 Member

+78
    United States
    Methodist
    Single
    I started getting these several years ago. I had no idea what it was and it terrified me. I looked it up and learned what they were.

2. Dave-W

Dave-W Our six grandchildren Supporter

+5,889
    Messianic
    Married
    US-Others
    Yep - that is exactly what the migraine "aura" looks like about half way thru the process. (at least when it is in color) Most of mine start off as a small spot in the center of vision and it grows into a "C" shape. After about 20 minutes it grows outside my field of vision. Then the headache hits. When the aura is in black/gray/white the headache is not too bad. The color auras are worse.

ETA: amusing anecdote:

The first time I had one of those was in 1969. I was looking at a US flag and all of a sudden it started to move and sparkle. then it started looking like that image. Recalling the lyric "The Girl with kaleidoscope eyes" from the song "Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds," I wondered for a few minutes if someone had slipped me some acid.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2017 at 8:44 AM