reg

Aug 24, 2005
under your bed!
✟21,310.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
ok for CHRIST-mass (its the way i like to spell it) i got two gift cards for Barnes and Noble which together is $100 :)clap: ) and i was thinking of getting some White books and SDA books i was looking for like at least 1 or 2 books about what the SDA church beleives (isnt there a book called "Seventh Day Adventist believe" on this?) and also would like some books about prophecy and ,of course, would like them to be pro SDA and does any1 know of some books i should get?

woobadooba

Legend
Sep 4, 2005
✟10,191.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
reg said:
ok for CHRIST-mass (its the way i like to spell it) i got two gift cards for Barnes and Noble which together is $100 :)clap: ) and i was thinking of getting some White books and SDA books i was looking for like at least 1 or 2 books about what the SDA church beleives (isnt there a book called "Seventh Day Adventist believe" on this?) and also would like some books about prophecy and ,of course, would like them to be pro SDA and does any1 know of some books i should get?

Yes.

1. Steps To Christ
2. The Desire of Ages
3. Christ's Object Lessons
5. Acts of the Apostles
6. The Great Controversy

These are all exceptional books, and I would read them in the order that I gave them to you.

As for getting a book that informs you of what we specifically believe, I feel that it is best to just go through the Storacle Studies on Amazing facts, as well as the other free books that you can read online there.

You should be able to get all of these books on half.com. If there are any that you can't find, send me a PM and I will help you locate one.

Upvote 0

Haggai

Nov 18, 2005
✟389.00
Faith
SDA
Politics
US-Libertarian
reg said:

They sell Seventh-Day Adventist books at Barnes and Noble? If so, praise God!

And you're right about the real Christmas spelling, the original name was "The Mass of Christ" or "Christ's Mass", and became what we know as today as Christmas. Jesus wasn't even born on or around December 25 and Christmas is really the Roman Saturnalia, a pagan holiday. Now-a-days we all think of it as Christ's birth which it certainly isn't, but I guess you can celebrate someones birthday even if it isn't the right day, if you keep that person in mind. Ellen White does not say anything negative about Christmas celebration, as long as we keep Christ in mind, and she says if anyone is to give her a gift, she will only accept it if the giver gives permission for her to donate it to the treasury of God.

Upvote 0
C

catlover

woobadooba said:
Yes.

1. Steps To Christ
2. The Desire of Ages
3. Christ's Object Lessons
5. Acts of the Apostles
6. The Great Controversy

These are all exceptional books, and I would read them in the order that I gave them to you.

As for getting a book that informs you of what we specifically believe, I feel that it is best to just go through the Storacle Studies on Amazing facts, as well as the other free books that you can read online there.

You should be able to get all of these books on half.com. If there are any that you can't find, send me a PM and I will help you locate one.

I will put them on MY reading list. I thought The Adventists response to Katrina was

Upvote 0

tall73

Sophia7's husband
Site Supporter
Sep 23, 2005
Visit site
✟877,961.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There is a book called Seventh-day Adventist's believe. There is a new version though, so if you get it get the one with 28, not 27 beliefs, as we just added one at the last General Conference Session.

But really, i would agree with Woobadooba. That book is a bit dry. You might just stick to free amazing facts stuff :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

BenchPress

Dec 2, 2005
✟7,614.00
Faith
SDA
yeah i would also say that either book, the old 27 beliefs or new 28 belief book are a bit dry. but to me they are more study reference books (like a dictionary or encycopedia) rather than a book you read cover to cover. like desire of ages. but overall an absolute must if you want to understand our doctrine.

Upvote 0