✟8,071.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
b.a.t said:
Thats exactly what I mean. Do us scousers really sound that bad.

I've done research into english language as part of my AS course! The scouse accent is an urban one much like cockney, and as such people don't find it very pursausive or trustworthy. In fact only 8% of top employers say they find people with a scouse accent are trustworthy. It's unfair, but the urban accents are generally seen as coarse and ugly where as the rural accents (welsh or yorkshire) are seen as melodic and beautiful.

not really fair, but that's language for you!

hope i was able to help in your query, PM me if you have any other language questions!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

treerootbill

Jul 16, 2004
✟15,726.00
Country
Portugal
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Lotuspetal_uk said:
Yeah, it gets confused with the Birmingham accent and has a stereotype that people who talk with it are very dense and stupid (which is not actually the case).

I tend to like the regional accents. However, years of snobbery maintained by the BBC decreased the level of the accents and the middle classes dropped their accents completely.

Upvote 0

but'n'ben

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset
Feb 24, 2004
✟1,638.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Steve_SandbachBaptist_UK said:
No I'd rather have a Scottish one! My mum is Scottish :)

No you wouldn't. When you phone up England for broadband support or whatever they make small atlk so they can hear your accent even when you're in a hurry. Often I've had inane chats with guy sdown south because they love the Scottish accent.

Upvote 0

Jet1988

oooh carriad mawr!
Apr 30, 2005
Liverpool
✟43,323.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
but'n'ben said:
No you wouldn't. When you phone up England for broadband support or whatever they make small atlk so they can hear your accent even when you're in a hurry. Often I've had inane chats with guy sdown south because they love the Scottish accent.
Really?

Upvote 0

but'n'ben

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset
Feb 24, 2004
✟1,638.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Yeah, I had phonesd up curry's part master to get a replacement remote control and the guy went on for ages asking how's things been, what I was up to, what's the weather like etc. I said I was in a bit of a hurry and he apologised saying he just loved my accent!

Another time i was talking to an irishman. I was making smal talk to hear his accent and he was doing same to me....

Upvote 0