in hiding
✟16,035.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
The negotiating and comprising went across party lines. You are either misinformed or misrepresenting what has happened over the last 12 months.

A 5 second search on Google of "democrats negotiate with republicans health" came up with this Time article from mid last year questioning whether or not the Democrats would CONTINUE to negotiate with Republicans:

Can Democrats Reform Health Care Without Republicans? - TIME

Guess what, the health care plans haven't gotten any more leftist since then - actually the opposite.

Also form that quick google search I come up with a lot of links from Democrat bloggers from around September last year urging the Democrats to stop negotiating with the Republicans... so that is even after the Democrats had the numbers.

I'm sorry, but it is completely wrong to suggest that cross-party compromises and negotiations have not been occuring. The only reason they have stalled recently is because of a Republican refusal to move any more from their current position.

Good article from Time. Thanks.

Can you find anything from December when the senate version was compiled supposedly behind closed doors?

Upvote 0

Voegelin

Reactionary
Aug 18, 2003
Connecticut
✟26,726.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
. . .the major policy that the government is trying to pass, health care reform, shows a clear willingness on the part of the government to compromise and negotiate (to the point where the current bill on offer is hardly supported by the left because major compromises have been made).

They were bribes and payoffs, not compromises.

Upvote 0
Aug 24, 2008
✟18,742.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
AU-Greens
Dude they even locked them out of the chamber. they don't even need the R vote at the sen or congress. For the have the majority vote. The problems are within their own party! Bribes and all.

All I saw then was someone sticking their fingers in the ears and saying "La la la la I can't hear you".

I'm not saying there aren't disagreements with the Democrats. All I'm saying is to suggest that for basically all of last year the Democrats were not negotiating with Republicans on health, even when they had fillibuster proof numbers, is a lie. Which it is.

Upvote 0

GeorgeKillen

debil
Sep 4, 2008
in hiding
✟16,035.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
All I saw then was someone sticking their fingers in the ears and saying "La la la la I can't hear you".

I'm not saying there aren't disagreements with the Democrats. All I'm saying is to suggest that for basically all of last year the Democrats were not negotiating with Republicans on health, even when they had fillibuster proof numbers, is a lie. Which it is.

OK, compromise consists of give and take. Can you show me articles (not blogs please) on what concessions were given to GOP members or maybe links to GOP amendments that were included in the final senate version? I honestly know of none. but would be very interested to see those that may exist. thanks.

Upvote 0

allhart

Messianic believer
Feb 24, 2007
Turlock, CA
✟16,377.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution

Oh, I miss understood ya, my bad, sorry!:o

Upvote 0

allhart

Messianic believer
Feb 24, 2007
Turlock, CA
✟16,377.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
OK, compromise consists of give and take. Can you show me articles (not blogs please) on what concessions were given to GOP members or maybe links to GOP amendments that were included in the final senate version? I honestly know of none. but would be very interested to see those that may exist. thanks.
They wouldn't let any in.

Upvote 0

charityagape

Blue Chicken Gives You Horns
May 6, 2005
Texas
Visit site
✟24,930.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
What about the freedom for women to choose what to do with their unwanted pregnancies, including choosing abortion if they so wish? You're advocating taking that freedom away from women.

And no, not all people have access to health care. Only those who can afford it have access to it.

So how it making people buy health insurance they can't afford giving access? I mean they keep talking about how much its going to cost when all they're really wanting to do is make me buy an expensive policy and fatten up the insurance companies even more..............what we really need is insurance reform.

Upvote 0

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟380,259.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
it's not like us liberals don't have others' best interests in mind.
That does not sound like freedom to me. I don't want a liberal who "cares" deciding what my best interests are, and how they are going to be met.

Reactions: Nilloc
Upvote 0

allhart

Messianic believer
Feb 24, 2007
Turlock, CA
✟16,377.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
So how it making people buy health insurance they can't afford giving access? I mean they keep talking about how much its going to cost when all they're really wanting to do is make me buy an expensive policy and fatten up the insurance companies even more..............what we really need is insurance reform.
Well said:wave:

Upvote 0

FreeInChrist88

Jan 11, 2009
✟37,716.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
And no, not all people have access to health care. Only those who can afford it have access to it.

You seem to have a heart for the poor. Please consider these questions....

What percentage of your own money and time have you given voluntarily to see poverty stamped out? How many poor people have you actually known and personally helped to get out of their difficulties? If you have personally helped, then I applaud you. If not, please come down from your ivory tower and quit throwing stones of guilt at others.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
V

Vale Tudo

You seem to have a heart for the poor. Please consider these questions....

What percentage of your own money and time have you given voluntarily to see poverty stamped out? How many poor people have you actually known and personally helped to get out of their difficulties? If you have personally helped, then I applaud you. If not, please come down from your ivory tower and quit throwing stones of guilt at others.

good one! :thumbsup::D

Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟871,731.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Martha Coakley didn't just mail it in, she didn't even do that. It's still sitting on her desk in her to-do box. Scott Brown got out there and pressed the flesh while she assumed that Sen. Kennedy's seat was hers as a birthright or something. And let's not even get into her cardinal Red Sox sin.

Upvote 0

katautumn

Prodigal Daughter
May 14, 2015
Atlanta, GA
✟24,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Scott Brown got out there and pressed the flesh while she assumed that Sen. Kennedy's seat was hers as a birthright or something.

That is probably the best synopsis I've heard on this outcome. Coakley took her position for granted, and that's what happens whenever one side is emboldened. I think from here on out if a Democratic candidate hears President Obama wants to campaign for them, they should respectfully decline. Thus far, hasn't everyone who has been cocky in thinking just because President Obama endorsed them they would win...lost?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟871,731.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
It's all Coakley's fault is the Official Obama position.

Your non-sequitors are getting more and more bizarre as time goes by. I remember when you at least put some effort into them.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.