Not open for further replies.

Hitch

Sep 13, 2003
PeoplesRepubliKofOregon
✟1,546.00
Faith
Protestant
On page 1101 of your '09 SRB you will find;

The new message of Jesus. The rejected King now turns from the rejecting nation and offers not then kingdom, but rest and service to such in the nation as are conscious of need. It is a pivitol point in the ministry of Jesus.

A basic flaw in the DF system is the notion that Christ was sent to establish a geo-political kingdom headquatered in Jerusalem and only upon the failure of that plan was the plan of the cross substituted . This is used to from the main plank on which is constructed yet another geo-political Jerusalem centered kingdom, yet future. With out this plank the structure of the futuristic Davidic Throne Kingdom (earthly) is revealed as a house of cards.

Adherents are invited to present Scriptural support for;

1; Christ's purpose was originally to set up the earthly kingdom (as described above) .

2. Christ's 'offer' being rejected is replaced with an offer of rest and service.

3. Christ's work of the cross as a 'secondary plan' something other than his original and true purpose. Resulting in the 'Parenthetical Church Age'.

C.I. Scofield

Nov 13, 2004
Lincoln Park, Michigan
✟290.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Hitch said:

The new message of Jesus. The rejected King now turns from the rejecting nation and offers not then kingdom, but rest and service to such in the nation as are conscious of need. It is a pivitol point in the ministry of Jesus.

A basic flaw in the DF system is the notion that Christ was sent to establish a geo-political kingdom headquatered in Jerusalem and only upon the failure of that plan was the plan of the cross substituted . This is used to from the main plank on which is constructed yet another geo-political Jerusalem centered kingdom, yet future. With out this plank the structure of the futuristic Davidic Throne Kingdom (earthly) is revealed as a house of cards.

1; Christ's purpose was originally to set up the earthly kingdom (as described above) .

2. Christ's 'offer' being rejected is replaced with an offer of rest and service.

3. Christ's work of the cross as a 'secondary plan' something other than his original and true purpose. Resulting in the 'Parenthetical Church Age'.

How about you go attacks someone's elses Bible, namely someone who's alive and able to defend himself? Yes, I am in the family. and Yes, they do know about this post. and Yes, there will be an answer forthcoming.

CIS

Upvote 0

C.I. Scofield

Nov 13, 2004
Lincoln Park, Michigan
✟290.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
C.I. Scofield said:
How about you go attacks someone's elses Bible, namely someone who's alive and able to defend himself? Yes, I am in the family. and Yes, they do know about this post. and Yes, there will be an answer forthcoming.

CIS
Okay, I admit it, I was fibbing about being related. But I still think it is deplorable for someone to critize a Bible, when the author is dead.

Just my opinion...

and I am not related to C. I. Scofield, just a big fan...

However, I am a strict 5-pointer. :p

-CIS

Upvote 0

Ebb

Nov 30, 2003
Visit site
✟745.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
It is amazing how similar the writing styles are of the last posters, and of another I've noticed, E.W. Bullinger. It's as if they are all from the same person?

According to another thread, the question asked is:

Kingdom offerred, Kingdom Rejected, Kingdom Postponed... when?

So I would take it that the first part is given among dispensationalists, the only question is when.

That would make Hitch's post valid.

Upvote 0

Terral

Sep 5, 2004
Visit site
✟21,357.00
Faith
Christian
Ebb:
Ebb >> It is amazing how similar the writing styles are of the last posters, and of another I've noticed, E.W. Bullinger. It's as if they are all from the same person?
Many are copying the interpretations of these dead guys verbatim without reasoning things from the Scriptures themselves. Many among the dispensationalist authors have answers to questions where the mainstream denominations have let them down. Therefore, regurgitating dispensational dogma represents a lesser evil to many who find solace in their interpretations. The problem is that when someone comes along and offers a solid argument against their views, then the house of cards comes tumbling down. How can you defend the views of someone else, when you merely copied his homework?
Ebb >> According to another thread, the question asked is: Kingdom offerred, Kingdom Rejected, Kingdom Postponed... when? So I would take it that the first part is given among dispensationalists, the only question is when. That would make Hitch's post valid.

We know that the Kingdom was offered to
Israel from the testimony of Jesus Christ Himself in Matthew 4:17 (23) and 9:35. That is what John the Baptist was doing from the beginning (Matt. 3:1-6) through offering repentance and baptism for the forgiveness of sins. Mark 1:4. Christ told the Disciples that this ?gospel of the kingdom? was going to the whole wide world. Matt. 24:14. The problem is that Israel itself did not accept the Kingdom of God from John the Baptist, Christ or the Twelve. Jerusalem was leveled, and there was no longer a home base through which to fulfill these Prophecies. In the meantime, God raised the Apostle Paul up and he received our gospel of today through a ?revelation of Jesus Christ.? Gal. 1:11+12. The ?Christ and Him crucified? (1Cor. 2:2) gospel we preach today is not the ?gospel of the kingdom? preached by Peter and the Twelve that Israel rejected by their ?transgression.? Rom. 11:7, 11+12.

The evangelists, pastors and teachers (Eph. 4:11) of today are building the ?body of Christ? (Eph. 4:12) to maturity (Eph. 4:13), according to the ?revelation of the mystery.? Rom. 16:25, Eph. 3:3+4, 5:32. The problem with the interpretations of many ?dispensationalists? is that they do not understand the true meaning of the term ?dispensations? enough to realize that our church is directly connected to the ?dispensation of God?s grace? (Eph. 3:2) given to Paul for us today. That is sort of like calling yourself a fisherman, without knowing the elemental things of using a fishing pole. They start our ?mystery church? (Eph. 3:32) at Pentecost where Peter is preaching water and fulfilling Prophecy, instead of beginning or church with the steward to which this dispensation was given. One can call himself anything, but Paul is the steward of this dispensation of God?s grace. He became our father in Christ through the Gospel. 1Cor. 4:5.

In Christ,

Terral

Upvote 0

BT

Fanatic
Jan 29, 2003
Canada
Visit site
✟3,880.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
C.I. Scofield said:
Okay, I admit it, I was fibbing about being related. But I still think it is deplorable for someone to critize a Bible, when the author is dead.

1- Just my opinion...

2 - and I am not related to C. I. Scofield, just a big fan...

3 - However, I am a strict 5-pointer. :p

-CIS
1 - Yay!

2 - Yay!

3 - Ack!!!

:p

Well as my grammar teacher used to say, "2 outta 3 ain't bad!"

Upvote 0

Ebb

Nov 30, 2003
Visit site
✟745.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
When is simply asking questions casting stones? These questions are widely asked, not just here. I would recommend John Greer's (Free Presbyterian Church) series on dispensationalism here.

http://www.sermonaudio.com/search.asp?seriesOnly=true&sourceID=ballymena&keyword=Dispensational+Theology&keyworddesc=Dispensational+Theology

I would especially recommend you listen to "Dispensationalism and the Postponement Theory". You will hear not only the problems in the theory, but the spiritually sound alternative as well.

Upvote 0

Hitch

Sep 13, 2003
PeoplesRepubliKofOregon
✟1,546.00
Faith
Protestant
AV1611 said:
A basic flaw in your post is that we dispensationalists do not believe that. :)
Hmmmm Do you mean DFs do NOT believe Jesus came to set up athe geo-political kingdom but was rejected and then made an offer of' rest and service' in the stead of the kingdom?

Hitch

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Hitch

Sep 13, 2003
PeoplesRepubliKofOregon
✟1,546.00
Faith
Protestant
Nothing makes anything Hitch says valid. He was here simply to cast stones, but had nothing to offer in the way of a better method of interpreting Scripture. We know that the Kingdom was offered to Israel from the testimony of Jesus Christ Himself in Matthew 4:17 (23) and 9:35. That is what John the Baptist was doing from the beginning (Matt. 3:1-6) through offering repentance and baptism for the forgiveness of sins. Mark 1:4. Christ told the Disciples that this ‘gospel of the kingdom’ was going to the whole wide world. Matt. 24:14. The problem is that Israel itself did not accept the Kingdom of God from John the Baptist, Christ or the Twelve. Jerusalem was leveled, and there was no longer a home base through which to fulfill these Prophecies.

Please tell us all when God gave you the gift of interpreting motives.

In the mean time maybe you can think of something tio answer;

Christ told the Disciples that this ‘gospel of the kingdom’ was going to the whole wide world. Matt. 24:14. The problem is that Israel itself did not accept the Kingdom of God from John the Baptist, Christ or the Twelve. Jerusalem was leveled, and there was no longer a home base through which to fulfill these Prophecies.

Col 1:5-6
heard before in the word of the truth of the gospel;
6 Which is come unto you, as it is in all the world; and bringeth forth fruit, as it doth also in you, since the day ye heard of it, and knew the grace of God in truth:
(KJV)

Ever heard of Paul?

Upvote 0

Hitch

Sep 13, 2003
PeoplesRepubliKofOregon
✟1,546.00
Faith
Protestant

CIS

So you dont think the thousands of DTS grads are up to the task?

Well we agree on something..

H

Upvote 0

rebaa

Sep 13, 2003
CALIFORNIA
Visit site
✟15,383.00
Faith
Christian
This was posted on Nov 14 did i miss the forth coming answer some place?

Upvote 0

thereselittleflower

Nov 9, 2003
✟50,355.00
Faith
Catholic
C.I. Scofield said:

CIS

Why not just explain and defend Scofield's position rather than attack the OP? :)

Hi Hitch! :wave:

Peace to all!

Upvote 0

thereselittleflower

Nov 9, 2003
✟50,355.00
Faith
Catholic
AV1611 said:
A basic flaw in your post is that we dispensationalists do not believe that. :)

Doesn't that depend on which kind of dispensationlist you are speaking of?

Others here at CF have said that it is something dispnesationalists believe . . . Of course, with the search functions what they are right now, it is hard to find such posts. . but I was in conversations where that was stated . . .

Peace to all!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Hitch

Sep 13, 2003
PeoplesRepubliKofOregon
✟1,546.00
Faith
Protestant
Hitch said:

It seems its much easier to invent something to complain about than give a direct answer ...

Perhaps a MODERATOR will occasionally remind the easily offended of the ignore feature on this forum.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.