Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Old Covenant

1. The Jews were God’s chosen people, his holy nation
2. The Jews were the children of Promise God spoke to Abraham and to his seed (Jesus Christ)
3. The physical city of Jerusalem was the Holy City
4. The temple of God was a physical building built by human hands
5. The Jews comprised the nation of Israel
6. The Gentiles were not included in the nation of Israel

New Covenant

1. All who believe in Jesus Christ (Jew and Gentile) are God’s chosen people, his holy nation
2. All who believe in Jesus Christ are the children of Promise God spoke to Abraham and to his seed (Jesus Christ)
3. Believers in Christ are of the heavenly Jerusalem. Physical Jerusalem is now of Hagar, the slave woman, and equal to the Arab nations
4. Believers in Jesus Christ are now the temple of God
5. Jew and Gentile believers in Christ are now the biblical nation of Israel
6. Gentile believers in Christ have been grafted into the nation of Israel

[John 8:18-19,38-47; Romans 9:4-8; Romans 11:17-25; Galatians 3:16,26-29; Galatians 4:22-31; Ephesians 2:11-22; Ephesians 3:6; 1 John 2:22]

So, if you are going to apply the Old Covenant promises to God’s chosen people Israel today, then they must be applied strictly to those who by faith in Jesus Christ are now God’s chosen people, his holy nation Israel. For all who rejected Jesus Christ and who denied him have been cut out of Israel, while Gentile believers in Christ were grafted into Israel.

Jesus and the Apostle Paul both made it quite clear that all the Jews who have rejected Jesus Christ have rejected the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob – Father, Son, and Holy Spirit – and so they are no longer God’s people, his holy nation. Only those by faith in Jesus Christ are God’s people, his holy nation. All who deny Jesus is the Christ are antichrist.

Therefore, all of you who are claiming that God still regards the Jews who have denied Jesus as their Messiah, and thus have rejected the God of their ancestors, as though they are still his protected ones, are not paying close attention to what the Scriptures teach regarding who God’s holy nation is today. It is all who are following Jesus Christ in obedience.

Biblical Israel, the Israel of God is not the Israel of the flesh who are physical descendants of Abraham. If we belong to Christ, then we are Abraham’s seed and heirs of the promise God gave to Abraham and to his seed (Jesus Christ). If we deny that Jesus is the Christ, and so we don’t submit to him as Lord, and so we don’t obey him, we are not born of God, but we are of the devil, and we are not God’s protected people.

God does not bless those who deny him. So if you want to pray for the Jewish nation, pray that they believe in Jesus Christ, that they repent of their sins, and they turn and they follow Jesus Christ with their lives so they have the blessings of God and salvation from sin and eternal life with God and the hope of heaven. And give your support to those who are following Jesus Christ in obedience, for they are the persecuted ones.

[Matt 7:21-23; Matt 24:9-14; Lu 9:23-26; Rom 1:18-32; Rom 2:6-8; Rom 6:1-23; Rom 8:1-14,24; Rom 12:1-2; Rom 13:11; 1 Co 6:9-10,19-20; 2 Co 5:10,15,21; 1 Co 1:18; 1 Co 15:1-2; 2 Tim 1:8-9; Heb 9:28; 1 Pet 1:5; Gal 5:16-21; Gal 6:7-8; Eph 2:8-10; Eph 4:17-32; Eph 5:3-6; Col 1:21-23; Col 3:5-17; 1 Pet 2:24; Tit 2:11-14; 1 Jn 1:5-9; 1 Jn 2:3-6,24-25; 1 Jn 3:4-10; Heb 3:6,14-15; Heb 10:23-31; Heb 12:1-2; Rev 21:8,27; Rev 22:14-15]

When in The Stillness

An Original Work / September 26, 2011

When in the stillness of this moment,
Speak to me, Lord, I humbly pray.
Be my desire, set me on fire,
Teach me to love always.
Help me to walk in fellowship with You,
Listening to You; sit at Your feet.
Whisper Your words to me,
Oh, how gently, guiding me in Your truth.

While we are waiting for Your blessing,
Lord, in our hearts be King today.
Help us to live for you ev’ry moment,
List’ning to what You say.
May we not stray from your word within us,
Help us obey You, Lord, in all things,
Walking each moment, Lord, in Your presence,
Our offerings to You bring.

Help us to love You, Lord, our master;
Be an example of Your love,
Helping the hurting, lift up the fallen,
Showing them Your great love.
Teach them to love You, follow You always,
Bearing their cross and turning from sin;
Walking in daily fellowship with You,
Making You Lord and King.

Who is Biblical Israel Today? Who is Biblical Israel Today?

• Friendly
Reactions: Hazelelponi

har_habayit

Sep 20, 2023
Arizona
✟6,531.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I completely agree that the modern Israelis are certainly not the Israel of God. 90% of them do not even believe in a god. However, I would stop short of saying that there is absolutely no Jewish connection to God anymore, though they are prodigals. When the prodigal son was in the far country, far from his father's love, he did not cease to be a son. Though it is mystical and impossible to describe (St. Paul came the closest in Romans chapters 9-11) somehow God is still in relationship with the Jewish remnant, even though they worship in an unorthodox way (perhaps Orthodox Jews?) I don't find it helpful to explore this mystery in type because it is beyond language.

• Friendly
Upvote 0

Christsfreeservant

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Aug 10, 2006
Rock Hill, SC
Visit site
✟1,357,601.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I completely agree that the modern Israelis are certainly not the Israel of God. 90% of them do not even believe in a god. However, I would stop short of saying that there is absolutely no Jewish connection to God anymore, though they are prodigals. When the prodigal son was in the far country, far from his father's love, he did not cease to be a son. Though it is mystical and impossible to describe (St. Paul came the closest in Romans chapters 9-11) somehow God is still in relationship with the Jewish remnant, even though they worship in an unorthodox way (perhaps Orthodox Jews?) I don't find it helpful to explore this mystery in type because it is beyond language.
Please read the posted Scriptures on this subject. Under the New Covenant, "Israel" is all who believe in Jesus Christ. Those who do not believe in Jesus Christ are antichrist. But all Jews who are now outside of faith in Jesus Christ, and thus cut off from Israel, can be grafted back into Israel by genuine walks of faith in Jesus Christ. God has left that door open for them to come back to him if they are willing to accept Jesus as the Christ, their promised Messiah.

• Winner
Upvote 0

Christsfreeservant

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Aug 10, 2006
Rock Hill, SC
Visit site
✟1,357,601.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Nope. Replacement theology, which is Satanic. Read Romans 9-11 well. There is a remnant according to the mercy of God. Replacement theology is of the devil.
So Paul was Satanic? It is what he taught.

• Winner
Upvote 0

Guojing

Apr 11, 2019
sg
✟217,841.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So Paul was Satanic? It is what he taught.

Paul taught that true Israel are those from Israel who believed in Christ as their Messiah. (Romans 9:6-8)
Replacement theology is teaching that we in the Body of Christ are now part of true Israel.

So Paul did not teach replacement theology.

Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

:sighing:
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟691,765.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
if you want to pray for the Jewish nation, pray that they believe in Jesus Christ, that they repent of their sins, and they turn and they follow Jesus Christ with their lives so they have the blessings of God and salvation from sin and eternal life with God and the hope of heaven.

Amen and Amen!

Upvote 0

Christsfreeservant

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Aug 10, 2006
Rock Hill, SC
Visit site
✟1,357,601.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
“But it is not as though the word of God has failed. For not all who are descended from Israel belong to Israel, and not all are children of Abraham because they are his offspring, but ‘Through Isaac shall your offspring be named.’ This means that it is not the children of the flesh who are the children of God, but the children of the promise are counted as offspring.” Romans 9:4-8 ESV

“Then you will say, ‘Branches were broken off so that I might be grafted in.’ That is true. They were broken off because of their unbelief, but you stand fast through faith. So do not become proud, but fear. For if God did not spare the natural branches, neither will he spare you. Note then the kindness and the severity of God: severity toward those who have fallen, but God's kindness to you, provided you continue in his kindness. Otherwise you too will be cut off. And even they, if they do not continue in their unbelief, will be grafted in, for God has the power to graft them in again.” Romans 11:19-23 ESV

“Now the promises were spoken to Abraham and to his seed. He does not say, ‘And to seeds,’ as one would in referring to many, but rather as in referring to one, ‘And to your seed,’ that is, Christ. Galatians 3:16 NASB

“They are Israelites, and to them belong the adoption, the glory, the covenants, the giving of the law, the worship, and the promises. To them belong the patriarchs, and from their race, according to the flesh, is the Christ, who is God over all, blessed forever. Amen.

“So in Christ Jesus you are all children of God through faith, for all of you who were baptized into Christ have clothed yourselves with Christ. There is neither Jew nor Gentile, neither slave nor free, nor is there male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus. If you belong to Christ, then you are Abraham’s seed, and heirs according to the promise.” Gal. 3:26-29

“For it is written that Abraham had two sons, one by the slave woman and the other by the free woman. His son by the slave woman was born according to the flesh, but his son by the free woman was born as the result of a divine promise. These things are being taken figuratively: The women represent two covenants. One covenant is from Mount Sinai and bears children who are to be slaves: This is Hagar. Now Hagar stands for Mount Sinai in Arabia and corresponds to the present city of Jerusalem, because she is in slavery with her children. But the Jerusalem that is above is free, and she is our mother…

“Now you, brothers and sisters, like Isaac, are children of promise. At that time the son born according to the flesh persecuted the son born by the power of the Spirit. IT IS THE SAME NOW. But what does Scripture say? ‘Get rid of the slave woman and her son, for the slave woman’s son will never share in the inheritance with the free woman’s son.’ Therefore, brothers and sisters, we are not children of the slave woman, but of the free woman.” Gal. 4:22-31

“His purpose was to create in himself one new humanity out of the two, thus making peace, and in one body to reconcile both of them to God through the cross, by which he put to death their hostility... For through him we both have access to the Father by one Spirit.” Eph. 2:14-18

“This mystery is that the Gentiles are fellow heirs, members of the same body, and partakers of the promise in Christ Jesus through the gospel.” Ephesians 3:6 ESV

“Who is the liar? It is whoever denies that Jesus is the Christ. Such a person is the antichrist—denying the Father and the Son.” 1 Jn. 2:22

Jesus speaking to the Jews:

“I am the one who bears witness about myself, and the Father who sent me bears witness about me.” They said to him therefore, “Where is your Father?” Jesus answered, “You know neither me nor my Father. If you knew me, you would know my Father also.”

I speak of what I have seen with my Father, and you do what you have heard from your father.” They answered him, “Abraham is our father.” Jesus said to them, “If you were Abraham's children, you would be doing the works Abraham did, but now you seek to kill me, a man who has told you the truth that I heard from God. This is not what Abraham did. You are doing the works your father did.” They said to him, “We were not born of sexual immorality. We have one Father—even God.” Jesus said to them, “If God were your Father, you would love me, for I came from God and I am here. I came not of my own accord, but he sent me. Why do you not understand what I say? It is because you cannot bear to hear my word. You are of your father the devil, and your will is to do your father's desires. He was a murderer from the beginning, and does not stand in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks out of his own character, for he is a liar and the father of lies. But because I tell the truth, you do not believe me. Which one of you convicts me of sin? If I tell the truth, why do you not believe me? Whoever is of God hears the words of God. The reason why you do not hear them is that you are not of God.” John 8:18-19,38-47 ESV

Upvote 0

Guojing

Apr 11, 2019
sg
✟217,841.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
“But it is not as though the word of God has failed. For not all who are descended from Israel belong to Israel, and not all are children of Abraham because they are his offspring, but ‘Through Isaac shall your offspring be named.’ This means that it is not the children of the flesh who are the children of God, but the children of the promise are counted as offspring.” Romans 9:4-8 ESV

“So in Christ Jesus you are all children of God through faith, for all of you who were baptized into Christ have clothed yourselves with Christ. There is neither Jew nor Gentile, neither slave nor free, nor is there male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus. If you belong to Christ, then you are Abraham’s seed, and heirs according to the promise.” Gal. 3:26-29

These 2 passages are often misinterpreted by covenant theologians who want to believe that we gentiles who believe are also true Israel.

Notice Paul emphasized the Abrahamic' s offspring through Isaac are counted as true Israel.

We gentiles in the Body of Christ are Abraham's seed that is correct, by Galatians 3:26-29.

But not all children of Abraham are from Isaac, Abraham had many other children, that of Ishmael, and he even had additional children after Sarah's death.

Thus, even though we are Abraham's seed by Gal 3:26-29, Isaac is not our father. We did not descend from Isaac/Jacob.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Christsfreeservant

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Aug 10, 2006
Rock Hill, SC
Visit site
✟1,357,601.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
These 2 passages are often misinterpreted by covenant theologians who want to believe that we gentiles who believe are also true Israel.

Notice Paul emphasized the Abrahamic' s offspring through Isaac are counted as true Israel.

We gentiles in the Body of Christ are Abraham's seed that is correct, by Galatians 3:26-29.

But not all children of Abraham are from Isaac, Abraham had many other children, that of Ishmael, and he even had additional children after Sarah's death.

Thus, even though we are Abraham's seed by Gal 3:26-29, Isaac is not our father. We did not descend from Isaac/Jacob.
“For it is written that Abraham had two sons, one by the slave woman and the other by the free woman. His son by the slave woman was born according to the flesh, but his son by the free woman was born as the result of a divine promise. These things are being taken figuratively: The women represent two covenants. One covenant is from Mount Sinai and bears children who are to be slaves: This is Hagar. Now Hagar stands for Mount Sinai in Arabia and corresponds to the present city of Jerusalem, because she is in slavery with her children. But the Jerusalem that is above is free, and she is our mother…

“Now you, brothers and sisters, like Isaac, are children of promise.
At that time the son born according to the flesh persecuted the son born by the power of the Spirit. IT IS THE SAME NOW. But what does Scripture say? ‘Get rid of the slave woman and her son, for the slave woman’s son will never share in the inheritance with the free woman’s son.’ Therefore, brothers and sisters, we are not children of the slave woman, but of the free woman.” Gal. 4:22-31

Upvote 0

Guojing

Apr 11, 2019
sg
✟217,841.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

“Now you, brothers and sisters, like Isaac, are children of promise.
At that time the son born according to the flesh persecuted the son born by the power of the Spirit. IT IS THE SAME NOW. But what does Scripture say? ‘Get rid of the slave woman and her son, for the slave woman’s son will never share in the inheritance with the free woman’s son.’ Therefore, brothers and sisters, we are not children of the slave woman, but of the free woman.” Gal. 4:22-31

Are you aware that Jews call their fellow Jews, brothers and sisters?

Upvote 0