Scientific hoax: Piltdown man was a fake

FishFace

Senior Veteran
Jan 12, 2007
✟13,130.00
Faith
Atheist
I am giggling everytime I here someone claim to be an atheist.

And we can only shake our heads when we hear YECs. Are you just trolling for reactions?

I have seen my God, darling.

Probably best to lay of the psychotropic drugs... I don't believe you, and correct me if I'm wrong, but there's no compelling reason for me to believe you.

Upvote 0

TheBear

NON-WOKED
Jan 2, 2002
✟304,171.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0

FishFace

Senior Veteran
Jan 12, 2007
✟13,130.00
Faith
Atheist
Your sins are blocking you from God.

But Jesus died for your sins, now you can meet God he will pour out his spirit into you.

M'kay. Why didn't God meet me back when I believed in him? Also, are my sins blocking me, or did Jesus absolve me of them?

Upvote 0

flatworm

Veteran
Dec 13, 2006
✟9,922.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private

But Jesus died for your sins, now you can meet God, he will pour out his spirit into you.

Imagine I were to tell you "I have a personal relationship with Jessica Alba."

Chances are you would be skeptical. "Could you introduce me to her, then?" you might ask.

So I say "Of course!" and take you to a place hung with Jessica Alba posters, full of people wearing Jessica Alba T-shirts... but no Jessica Alba.

You say to me "I thought you were going to introduce me to Jessica Alba..."

"I am," I say, "these people can help you learn about her. I've been coming here for so long I feel in my heart I know Jessica Alba personally."

Surely you would think there's something funny going on in my head- but that I do not, in fact, know Jessica Alba.

Now try to understand this is the same way nonbelievers see your claims about meeting God. If you have indeed met this god, and have a personal relationship with him, then have him drop by my place. Presumably he knows where that is. Not one of his followers, and not some vaguely described feeling- Jesus himself would do.

Just let me know how he takes his tea.

Reactions: Baggins
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

notto

Legend
May 31, 2002
Visit site
✟22,369.00
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
So what did God look like?

12221274_94ecba3989.jpg

Upvote 0

thaumaturgy

Nov 17, 2006
✟12,333.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married

But Jesus died for your sins, now you can meet God, he will pour out his spirit into you.

No, let's not get side-tracked about us sinners. Please tell us your story.

You don't know us, and you don't know what sins we have.

We need to know your story about seeing God.

Upvote 0

corvus_corax

Naclist Hierophant and Prophet
Jan 19, 2005
Oregon
✟14,911.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
My sins?
And here Ive been told all along by all these other Christians that it was my sin-nature (whatever that means) that was keeping me from your god.
Which is it?

Well, that's all well and good, huney, but I still don't believe that you have ever SEEN your god.

If you have, please provide a description of Her.
(or just admit that your statement was an over-exaggeration)

Upvote 0

speakout

Aug 16, 2007
✟1,541.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Let us meet God.

"Thank you jesus for dying on the cross for my sins, I ask you to come into my heart by your Holy Spirit and fill me to overflowing. Amen"

Please give yourself two minutes,

How do you feel,

Now I want to pray for you to receive the gift of prophecy.

"Lord I ask you to give me the gift of prophecy, come Holy Spirit"

Now tell me what you start seeing. Keep your eyes closed. God I pray for an impartation of the gift of prophecy.

Tell me what you see and hear.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

FishFace

Senior Veteran
Jan 12, 2007
✟13,130.00
Faith
Atheist
How do you feel

Bored? Nothing happened. It took quite a bit of effort to approach prayer sincerely after a couple of years of atheism, but I felt exactly how I felt when I used to pray as a believer. Nothing special - just calm because I breathed slower.

Tell me what you see and hear.

Nothing unusual.

Upvote 0