United States of America
✟38,405.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Conservative
Look a guy seaking pigeon english exposed you and you think you can rule out God.

Evolution is a half baked idea it needs a beginning.

Somebody help these cats out we need a beginning.

You do not start a story like this " the knife was plugged ino her stomach and she screamed "No, No and doube No".

We need a beginning.

But why can someone be brave enough?
Prove evolution is a half baked idea.

You can't, you have no evidence, if you did you would have published the data and become the most well known, well respected scientist of all time. But, alas, you have failed.

Upvote 0

FishFace

Senior Veteran
Jan 12, 2007
✟13,130.00
Faith
Atheist
Look a guy seaking pigeon english exposed you and you think you can rule out God.

No-one said that, did they? Most Christians believe in evolution.

And yet you can't raise one single substantive argument against it; every single objection you've made is wrong or irrelevant.

Upvote 0

notto

Legend
May 31, 2002
Visit site
✟22,369.00
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
We need a beginning.

This is like saying we can't study chemistry without identifying where all of the atoms come from.

It is a logically incorrect statement.

Evolution explains the origin of species and the diversification of the life on the planet. It does not explain the origin of life and does not need to in order to be valuable and accurate at its purpose.

To claim otherwise is to speak out of ignorance of the theory and scientific method in general.

Regardless of where life on earth started and how, the theory of evolution accurately predicts and describes the diversity of life we have now and the relationship between organisms on a structural and genetic level.

No other theory does that.

Upvote 0

necroforest

Jul 29, 2007
Washington DC
✟15,839.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Green

You do not start a story like this " the knife was plugged ino her stomach and she screamed "No, No and doube No".

We need a beginning.

God is also an idea without a beginning.

Upvote 0

Bombila

Veteran
Nov 28, 2006
✟13,256.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married

We need a beginning.

Your metaphorical story beginning, though nauseating, would work fine as an opening line, after which you could flash back to whatever happened previously.

Many, many, many multitudes, millions, of Christians, believers in god/s, people of faith, think evolution happened, occurred, is true. They manage to believe this without 'ruling out God'. Whenever you equate scientists and accepters of evolution theory to atheists, you are disrespecting millions of your fellow Christians.

Upvote 0

thaumaturgy

Nov 17, 2006
✟12,333.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
This is like saying we can't study chemistry without identifying where all of the atoms come from.

Well, Notto, maybe in your lab you don't have to. But where I work, when I clock in in the morning we are given exactly Avogadro's Number of atoms to work with that day. No more, no less.

At the end of the day we have to account for every last one or we have to pony up a few of our personal atoms.

The downside is that we usually have to start at about 1:00PM trying to "count up" our drawer. The other day I wound up with 602,214,149,999,999,999,999,999 P atoms and I had to chip off a part of one of my own teeth to make up the deficit!

Otherwise Mr. Johnson down in Atomic Accounting would have my hide. I did not want Mr. Johnson harvesting atoms from my body. The last person who made that mistake was Gang Wang the new postdoc. And he had to give up some potassium. And he really hasn't been the same since.

Upvote 0

us38

im in ur mind, disturben ur sanities
Jan 5, 2007
✟8,508.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
The downside is that we usually have to start at about 1:00PM trying to "count up" our drawer. The other day I wound up with 602,214,149,999,999,999,999,999 P atoms and I had to chip off a part of one of my own teeth to make up the deficit!

*cough*False precision*cough*

Upvote 0

thaumaturgy

Nov 17, 2006
✟12,333.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
*cough*False precision*cough*

Are you trying to tell me Avogadro's number as I listed it only has 8 significant digits and I took it out to 23?

Is that what you are saying?

Oh my. I'm afraid I'm going to have send someone from our Atomic Accounting division over to your lab.

How attached are you to the Na in your body?

Or maybe we need to ask for something that is a bit more....covalently bonded...hmmm?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

FishFace

Senior Veteran
Jan 12, 2007
✟13,130.00
Faith
Atheist
Are you trying to tell me Avogadro's number as I listed it only has 8 significant digits and I took it out to 23?

Is that what you are saying?

Oh my. I'm afraid I'm going to have send someone from our Atomic Accounting division over to your lab.

Or maybe we need to ask for something that is a bit more....covalently bonded...hmmm?

Oh no... No! Not my carbon-carbon bonds! Please! They're 347 kJ·mol[sup]-1[/sup]! Noooooooo!

Upvote 0

us38

im in ur mind, disturben ur sanities
Jan 5, 2007
✟8,508.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat

That's right, I'm calling you out. Main Street. Noon tomorrow. Guns or knives, your pick.

I don't keep any of the stuff around. Too reactive not to use, and I haven't worked out a good backyard synthesis yet.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

plindboe

Feb 29, 2004
In my pants
✟10,498.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
I'm still giggling like a school girl every time I see this topic "Scientific hoax: Piltdown man was a fake". Talk about being behind.

In other news, americans just landed on the Moon! (<- Funny how that piece of news is even less outdated than the infamous Piltdown man hoax)

Peter :D

Upvote 0

BeamMeUpScotty

Senior Veteran
Dec 15, 2004
Kanagawa, Japan
✟18,437.00
Faith
Atheist
Politics
US-Others
I'm still giggling like a school girl every time I see this topic "Scientific hoax: Piltdown man was a fake". Talk about being behind.

In other news, americans just landed on the Moon! (<- Funny how that piece of news is even less outdated than the infamous Piltdown man hoax)

Peter :D

Piltdown man was a hoax? Whodda thunk.

Upvote 0