Steve Petersen

Senior Veteran
May 11, 2005
✟162,912.00
Faith
Deist
Politics
US-Libertarian
Period and region? I do not think the Jewish people have changed all that much in the centuries... Josephus was a historian during that time period and looks nothing like the morons the English have portrayed as Christ...

Flavious Josephus, Jewish historian... Much more Christ like in appearance!

Josephus.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

From and 18th century British publication by Whiston. Now, anything from Josephus own time?

Upvote 0

rockytopva

Love to pray! :)
Site Supporter
Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
✟1,065,525.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Can a Christian jump in for rocky here and translate? What is the issue with the picture?

The image in the OP was nothing more than a blatant attack on Christianity and to belittle the Christ. The issue here is that the image the British Scientist used was nothing like Jesus or the Jewish people of the time. For undeniable proof I compare the image of Jesus from the shroud of Turin to that of Josephus...

JosephusJesus_zps08izpbc1.jpg

Upvote 0

JGG

Mar 12, 2006
✟58,445.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Private
The image in the OP was nothing more than a blatant attack on Christianity and to belittle the Christ. The issue here is that the image the British Scientist used was nothing like Jesus or the Jewish people of the time. For undeniable proof I compare the image of Jesus from the shroud of Turin to that of Josephus...

No, no. Someone else who can be straightforward, and actually explain without having to extrapolate their life story over three pages.

Upvote 0

JackRT

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2015
small town Ontario, Canada
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married

Undeniable?

Upvote 0

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟493,710.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Can a Christian jump in for rocky here and translate? What is the issue with the picture?
Translation: That picture is ugly -> I don't think Jesus was ugly -> I think that this picture is meant to represent Jesus -> therefor, this picture is calling Jesus ugly, which is insulting to Jesus.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

JGG

Mar 12, 2006
✟58,445.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Private
Translation: That picture is ugly -> I don't think Jesus was ugly -> I think that this picture is meant to represent Jesus -> therefor, this picture is calling Jesus ugly, which is insulting to Jesus.

Brilliant analysis! Let's move on...

Upvote 0

rockytopva

Love to pray! :)
Site Supporter
Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
✟1,065,525.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single

Translation: That picture is wrong -> I don't think Jesus was wrong -> I think that this picture is meant to insult Jesus -> therefore, this picture is calling Jesus and insult, which is insulting to Jesus

Again.. The image as I would have it, combining Josephus to that of the shroud of Turin, which more closely represents the males of the time... And thus Jesus...

Jesus favors Josephus... Which is an accurate representation of the Jews of the time....

And Photoshopping the eyes of Josephus into the image of the Christ ought to give us a pretty close picture of what Jesus actually looked like...

JosephusJesus3_zps23nenfgu.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟493,710.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Clearly, you don't understand the question. Why is the picture wrong? This is why we need an intermediary...
Translation: The picture is wrong because I have decided that it is wrong, and I am the sole arbitor of truth in this matter.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Hey! I found a beardless Christ! Christ as Emperor, wearing military dress, and crushing the serpent representing Satan. "I am the way and the truth and the life" (John 14:6) reads the inscription.

So, a military figure who kills small animals...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others

Modern Reconstruction of Jesus

Neave and his team studied skulls of Middle Eastern Jews found in the Galilee area of northern Israel using modern-day forensic techniques. Dr. Neave was able to use three Semite skulls from the time, which were unearthed by Israeli archeologists.

http://www.thespreadit.com/forensic-expert-jesus-christ-67586/

This is taken from the remains of an actual skeletons of Jewish men in that time frame. Not that all Jewish men in that time looked like this. This guy looks like a rather muscular guy, which I don't think Jesus would have been, esp after that 40 day fast. Maybe they can find the skeletal remains of others during that time period who look prettier so the OP can be happy. Something more like Tab Hunter, in King of Kings, perhaps---this isn't offensive to the OP, it is laughable to me.
upload_2015-12-19_14-37-51.png

Upvote 0