Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I often wonder if I'm a true christian due to the fact I question certain things like why is there bad things when God could make them go away or sinning.

I call those kind of thoughts trials that I must pass thru. God does allow bad things to happen, but in my life he's really came thru for me quite a lot of the time. So I am thankful really. I just try to ignore the bad things and not blame God. In the end He can make everything happy for us after this life. That's what I stick to in my beliefs.

Upvote 0

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
One of the Greatest Places on Earth.
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes i relate your question and for years i sought after the answer and found it both in the bible and inside my own heart.

The bible teaches that bad life found being inside of people after they believed a lie about God, themselves and other. Genesis 3:4. Just one loveless lie shattered the loving truth in which they had enjoyed paradise. This loveless lie multiplied evil right from the beginning bringing into life instantly shame, guilt, blaming and fear and the loss of their heavenly good life.

These spiritual realities have dwelt within humanity ever since and have multiplied satan's lies and its associated bad life a trillion billion million fold over the last 6000 years or so. Bringing bad life into existence within the human spirit and destroying God's good life all over the planet.

The bible teaches that evil comes out of our sinful desires which dwell in our hearts because of what lies we believe about God, ourselves and each other as well as Creation. James 1:13-15. Truly God's truth has been completely shattered by the lies ruling and it can be very hard to break free from even for someone who loves the truth of God. Only in the power of the Spirit can we break free from satan and his henchman.

It is for this reason that evil is still around, not because God's wills evil to be, but because humanity believes so many loveless lies about God, themselves and each other as well as Creation.

Therefore we best understand that it is God's loving grace that keeps this planet and everyone on it in existence. Honest we best be fully aware of that. For if our perfectly loving and truthful God would expose all of our lies dwelling within us in one instance nothing untrue or unloving dwelling in the human heart would survive His loving truth. It would mean certain death of most people in an instant.

It is for this reason that God has given us His Word to show us the truth about our sinful state and to offer us grace, love and forgiveness of our wrongs and a new truthful life in and with Him as solution to the problem of evil ruling this world.

Jesus Christ is the answer therefore. He is fully human and fully One with God. When we place our faith in His love we receive The Spirit of truth and then we can break free from the evils ruling down here and we can become truthful and loving. Once we are covered by God's loving truth also the sin of our own hearts are taken away, one after the other, while as ex sinner we receive a new life in and with Him. In this way we can be free from sin enslaving us and instead be free in God's loving truth. To be who we really always should have been. A child of God and again in His image instead of the likeness of sinful flesh.

Be of very good courage fighting evil lies and finding His loving truth to rule your life in freedom and love instead of sinful and enslaving and good life deadening desires.

It is great to have true life in Him and freedom from the evil lies ruling this planet. Be of good courage fighting the wicked lies and spreading His love.

Peace.

An invitation to The Chosen.

God's Love will not take or will
you to conform to rules or demand
which imprison, enslave, burn or kill you.

God's Love will not pervert what's Good
The Lord loves truthfully Wise and Good.
True Love was, is and always will be Good!

In God's Love you are free to be right!
In His love everything is good proper and kind.
He loves all who love good and true to rule!

His Love is caring, providing, and sharing.
His Love always enjoys and protects good life.
His love rules even when bad life has being in us!

Hear Jesus call - 'Come join up with us all!
Leave whatever ties you down and be free
loving good life with all God's own to be.'

To the rest in your heart God's asks
how long will you tarry in the darkness?
Please leave such bad existence within.

For life must not, no never should, or would, or could,
be forceful, rude, prideful, arrogant, selfish, lustful
or otherwise be untrue to God's loving truth.

Neither should life be hurting or ill,
hungry, oppressed, despised, hated
or otherwise have existence in wrong.

Please hand your Bad Life over to Jesus
Humbly ask for His Good Life back in return
and go love God, self and neighbour with Joy.

The Church knows that Jesus is coming soon
All bad life will be our shameful past then,
so please leave your bad life while you can!

Love

Upvote 0

tryphena rose

Daughter of the Most High
Jun 3, 2019
Idaho
✟46,975.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I often wonder if I'm a true christian due to the fact I question certain things like why is there bad things when God could make them go away or sinning.
There's nothing inherently wrong with questioning. The more you seek out God and His Truths, the more you'll be able to differentiate the Truth from the lies. 1 Thessalonians 5:21 reads: Prove all things; hold fast that which is good. (KJV) Other versions tend to say "test all things".

Even though we're born again Christians, it doesn't mean we'll have all of the answers and struggling with our flesh is a daily occurrence. Many times, we will fall short. But if we repent to God with an open and earnest heart, He's just to forgive us. If you've humbled yourself before the Lord and accepted Jesus as Lord over your life, then don't worry about your salvation. Instead have faith and move where the Spirit urges you to move. If you are worried for your salvation, then bring that before the Father and ask Him to humble you so that you can truly be born again.

If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God; Romans 3:23

I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me. Galatians 2:20

And he said to them all, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow me. Luke 9:23

Upvote 0

Joined2krist

Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2015
✟427,078.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single

True, God can make everything bad go away but He doesn't because we all have our free will to do as we please, some people decide to sin others decide to do evil and harm to others and these actions cause multiple negative reactions. But we can activate God's involvement in our lives through prayers, our way of life, and our attitudes towards others. God bless you

Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟722,379.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

He's going to do just that ... put an end to all suffering and sinning, it will happen when Jesus returns. We don't know when that is ... but in the meantime we are to be ready and get the Gospel out.

He is with us .... seeing how terrible things are now ... I can't imagine what it would be like if He wasn't.

Have faith .... He is and WILL get us through everything.

There are yet more people to be saved, Jesus said it will be like in the days of Noah, when He brought forth the flood.

Genesis 6:12

And God looked upon the earth, and, behold, it was corrupt; for all flesh had corrupted his way upon the earth.

So, when this happens again, He will return and end it. AMEN!!

This world is lost.

It's not so much about this world, this age .... it's about eternity. Look forward to it.

Colossians 3:2
Set your minds on things that are above, not on things that are on earth.

Even so ... come Lord Jesus. AMEN

Upvote 0

FutureAndAHope

Just me
Site Supporter
Aug 30, 2008
Australia
Visit site
✟736,252.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
One thing I wonder is why due some section add on things. Like Mormons have the Book of Mormons. or reject things like the Trinity. I mean wasn't the Trinity in the first Century already accepted ?

True Christianity bases it belief on the bible alone. Sects like Mormanism are not christian, in that example, Joseph Smith just made up the book, and pretended it came from God. This could be see in the fact that the original had copy errors, where he had copied other books and transposed spelling errors from them into the original. Mormanism is not Christian. Stick to the bible alone. I am not saying you can not read books, just be aware that God's words come from the bible as the sole source.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Brenda Blakely

Apr 26, 2019
Portland
✟29,340.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You are not alone here. I know for myself personally, I sometimes think "Is God real?" Can he be real and allow all these bad things to happen? Then I read His word and realize this is nothing new. Bad things have been happening since the beginning of time. But still God did good things; like creating a beautiful earth for us to live upon and enjoy. Like bringing blessings into our lives even amidst all the chaos and confusion and even when I fail Him. He shows His love in so many ways. Then I read about David in the Psalms. David was called a "man after God's own heart." Yet David cried out to God so many times. Yet David praised God. I can't read thru the Psalms without finding the conflict between good and evil. I can't read them without knowing that David enjoyed the joy and pleasure and love of his Father God. I want that to and the only way I know to get it is to seek God, learn more about Him, and carry on my relationship with God, my Father.

Then if I question more I go to the book of JOB. Oh man did this man have woes by the number yet when I read the last chapters I find that Job found the truth about God and there was no getting in the way of Job's relationship to God. It was firm to the core. So I ask Father give me a relationship that is as firm as David's and Job's and help me to live in it. Help me to do my part, Father. Amen. I am praying for you.

Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

Christians should realize that since the fall we live in a very sinful world. Our final goal will be in heaven where everything is perfect. I know as we look around today it's very hard to imagine that. Doing our best to finish the good race.

M-Bob

Upvote 0