Christian
✟32,714.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Father, I pray this teen will get into Your Word, and make that a daily habit, as they seek to find You and Your will, and Your power and strength to be applied in their life. May they grow in the knowledge and experience of You living in their life, if they are truly born again to start with. May they take in the Word as You say in 1 Peter 2:2. May Psalms 37:4 come to describe them as You lead them to a place of delighting in You, and You giving them the desires You want them to have, like repentance when needed. 2 Corinthians 7:10. May they acquire a taste (Psalms 34:8) for You, just as a taste for certain things people intake must be acquired. Amen.
Thank you Greg. Always been praying for me in my last posts... so thank you

Upvote 0

Bro. Daniel

Prophet & Psalmist
Aug 22, 2017
Eph. 1:4, Ps. 139:15, Jer. 1:5, Virginia, U.S.
✟15,889.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
No, Judas did not repent as the Greek word for repent is metanoeō. In Matt 27:3, the Greek word used is metamelētheis from the root word metamelomai which means a change of mind, remorse, regret. This word is never used in the context of repentance as in the gospel message of repentance linked to one's salvation. When the word repent is used in connection with one's salvific status the Bible uses the word metanoeō instead. This word also means change of mind but it is more comprehensive in scope as it means to to change one’s way of life as the result of a complete change of thought and attitude
with regard to sin and righteousness. Metamelomai in contrast is more limited in scope meaning to change one’s mind about something, with the probable implication of regret. Thus Judas had a change of mind or regreted what he had done but he did not repent in terms of having a change of heart which involves a deeper, more life-changing transformation. Thus Judas' repentance was superficial only involving regret which is why he hung himself. His repentance did not involve a heart change which is what true repentance involves. I suggest you do a word study for yourself.

Ok done be blessed.

Strong's Greek: 3338. μεταμέλλομαι (metamelomai) -- to regret, repent

Strong's Concordance
metamelomai: to regret, repent
Original Word: μεταμέλομαι
Part of Speech: Verb
Transliteration: metamelomai
Phonetic Spelling: (met-am-el'-lom-ahee)
Short Definition: I change my mind
Definition: (lit: I change one care or interest for another), I change my mind (generally for the better), repent, regret.

Upvote 0

discipler7

Oct 5, 2017
tog
✟42,302.00
Country
Heard Island And Mcdonald Islands
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I DONT KNOW!!! I’m scared that I did. I don’t know if I betrayed him. I feel like I did tho but I don’t know. I’m so evil on the inside I feel it swallowing me up. I wish I wasn’t bound to h**
Judas Iscariot betrayed Jesus Christ to the Jewish Temple authorities and Roman soldiers who arrested Him and later had Him crucified through false accusations. It is impossible for you to betray Jesus like how Judas betrayed Jesus.

All of us are so evil on the inside. That is why we need the blood of Jesus Christ that was shed on the Cross to cleanse our inborn Adamic Original Sin and to save us from hell when we die. Otherwise, all of us are bound for hell when we die.
... The Holy Communion's partaking of the wine and bread represent the cleansing of our evil hearts by His blood and the washing away of sins/evil-deeds by His Word/Bible.

From the promises and Word of God/Bible, believers should know that they are bound for the kingdom of heaven when they die. Eg JOHN.3:16 = 16 For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish(in hell) but have everlasting life(in the kingdom of heaven).
... In comparison, only unbelievers and those who curse or blaspheme God/Jesus and die will likely end up in hell, eg like what the wife of Job said at JOB.2:9 while suffering horribly for Job's ignorant sin/evil-deed(JOB.1:5 & 3:25).

P S - My apology and Correction = Judas hanged himself before Jesus Christ was crucified.(MATTHEW.27:4) He died young = a curse of God for betraying Jesus. But there might still be a possibility of him being saved from hell when he died, as per 1PETER.3:19 & 4:6.

Upvote 0

Oldmantook

Jan 10, 2017
USA
✟99,173.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Ok done be blessed.

Strong's Greek: 3338. μεταμέλλομαι (metamelomai) -- to regret, repent

Strong's Concordance
metamelomai: to regret, repent
Original Word: μεταμέλομαι
Part of Speech: Verb
Transliteration: metamelomai
Phonetic Spelling: (met-am-el'-lom-ahee)
Short Definition: I change my mind
Definition: (lit: I change one care or interest for another), I change my mind (generally for the better), repent, regret.
I take it you believe that is a word study? As I wrote earlier metamelomai is never used in the context of repentance as it relates to salvation. You have failed to explain metanoeo which is always used in the context of repentance as it relates to salvation.

Upvote 0

Matthew13:9

Nov 13, 2017
ontario
✟3,460.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
im exactly like judas. And if my heart is as hardened like his I don’t know why I’m writing here. When I say I’m just like judas I mean it, I can almost feel myself going down the same path. And to be honest I’m just scared I’m so afraid and scared but judas was too. I don’t want to repent for some reason. Pls help. I’m so scared maybe this is a teenage thing that’ll pass. I’m so scared, if I’m damned it’s my own fault but I don’t know what to do. I’m so scared and sad anxiety and I’m going crazy. I don’t want to think f this anymore...
Judas was washed and baptized by Christ. He defiled the temple of God: you have not been baptized by anybody with the spirit of Christ. Therefore you have not defiled the Temple of Christ seeing that only Christ can baptized you into his body. There is hope for you, you are lost in the midst of wolves.

Upvote 0

Nov 13, 2017
ontario
✟3,460.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Thank you Greg. Always been praying for me in my last posts... so thank you
Seeing that you fear the word of God without knowing who he is. I will help you. My instruction to you is this, listen to the books of Matthew, Mark, Luke and John in the King James Bible. When you fear God through fearing Jesus by any of those books, you have heard the word of God through the gospel, this is the beginning of the knowledge of God who is Jesus. As it is written, the fear of the Lord Jesus is the beginning of the knowledge of God:
And through this fear cry out to Jesus acknowledging you are worthy for damnation and humbly ask for mercy in the day of judgement. If you fear him he will answer you: and the gift he will give you you will know it's from him and he will assure your heart that you are his forever.

Isaiah 66:2 King James Version (KJV)
2 For all those things hath mine hand made, and all those things have been, saith the Lord: but to this man will I look, even to him that is poor and of a contrite spirit, and trembleth at my word.

Upvote 0

Nov 13, 2017
ontario
✟3,460.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
im exactly like judas. And if my heart is as hardened like his I don’t know why I’m writing here. When I say I’m just like judas I mean it, I can almost feel myself going down the same path. And to be honest I’m just scared I’m so afraid and scared but judas was too. I don’t want to repent for some reason. Pls help. I’m so scared maybe this is a teenage thing that’ll pass. I’m so scared, if I’m damned it’s my own fault but I don’t know what to do. I’m so scared and sad anxiety and I’m going crazy. I don’t want to think f this anymore...
Seeing that you fear the word of God without knowing who he is. I will help you. My instruction to you is this, listen to the books of Matthew, Mark, Luke and John in the King James Bible. When you fear God through fearing Jesus by any of those books, you have heard the word of God through the gospel, this is the beginning of the knowledge of God who is Jesus. As it is written, the fear of the Lord Jesus is the beginning of the knowledge of God:
And through this fear cry out to Jesus acknowledging you are worthy for damnation and humbly ask for mercy in the day of judgement. If you fear him he will answer you: and the gift he will give you you will know it's from him and he will assure your heart that you are his forever.

Isaiah 66:2 King James Version (KJV)
2 For all those things hath mine hand made, and all those things have been, saith the Lord: but to this man will I look, even to him that is poor and of a contrite spirit, and trembleth at my word.

Upvote 0