✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Wow! I love that :)

God is GOOD!!! It was a beautiful hospital. When i was laying there, before there was hope that i would survive, i was in my mind's eye, reverting back to me, as a 7 year old, taking Jesus by the hand and around to all the hospital rooms, telling them to meet my Friend, Jesus, and i was praying for all the staff, visitors, coming and going in my room and for my room-mates...there were several because i was there for a while.

This is in sync with my heart at that time:

Upvote 0

Bluerose31

Christian Flower
Site Supporter
Mar 27, 2017
US
✟419,338.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
God is GOOD!!! It was a beautiful hospital. When i was laying there, before there was hope that i would survive, i was in my mind's eye, reverting back to me, as a 7 year old, taking Jesus by the hand and around to all the hospital rooms, telling them to meet my Friend, Jesus, and i was praying for all the staff, visitors, coming and going in my room and for my room-mates...there were several because i was there for a while.

This is in sync with my heart at that time:

That is a beautiful story of you healing in the hospital Brinny :) Thank you so much for sharing this song with me :)

• Friendly
Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
i had overheard the staff talking about my low blood cell count. They also had to find the strongest antibiotic and insert it intravenously. And that wasn't even helping.

Only God could help me then.

And He did.

Upvote 0

Bluerose31

Christian Flower
Site Supporter
Mar 27, 2017
US
✟419,338.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
i had overheard the staff talking about my low blood cell count. They also had to find the strongest antibiotic and insert it intravenously. And that wasn't even helping.

Only God could help me then.

And He did.
That is beautiful that God helped you Brinny. I pray he helps me like that :)

• Friendly
Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
That is beautiful that God helped you Brinny. I pray he helps me like that :)

He IS our Healer. TRUSTING in Him blesses Him and gladdens His heart. He DELIGHTS in those who TRUST Him and BELIEVE He is Who He says He is.

He IS moooooving on your behalf, in HIS timing. He is giving you INSIGHT into the issues and CLARITY (seeing clearly). That IS part of healing.

For me, i didn't realize it, but i was "worshiping" my husband....not in a good way, but through fear, and thinking of him 110% of the time. i would've never thought of it as "worship", but i realized that i was thinking of my husband soooo much, that it shut out even thoughts of God. And that was akin to "worship". That was part of my own "healing"....."letting go" of this toxic "worshiping" of my husband.

Upvote 0

Bluerose31

Christian Flower
Site Supporter
Mar 27, 2017
US
✟419,338.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
He IS our Healer. TRUSTING in Him blesses Him and gladdens His heart. He DELIGHTS in those who TRUST Him and BELIEVE He is Who He says He is.

He IS moooooving on your behalf, in HIS timing. He is giving you INSIGHT into the issues and CLARITY (seeing clearly). That IS part of healing.

For me, i didn't realize it, but i was "worshiping" my husband....not in a good way, but through fear, and thinking of him 110% of the time. i would've never thought of it as "worship", but i realized that i was thinking of my husband soooo much, that it shut out even thoughts of God. And that was akin to "worship". That was part of my own "healing"....."letting go" of this toxic "worshiping" of my husband.
Thank you so much for these words Brinny. I do need him to be my healer. I believe he is moving on my behalf and that he is giving me insight and clarity and that it is part of the healing. I didnt know you were married Brinny, that is beautiful. Im am glad God helped you balance focusing on your husband and on him.

• Friendly
Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Thank you so much for these words Brinny. I do need him to be my healer. I believe he is moving on my behalf and that he is giving me insight and clarity and that it is part of the healing. I didnt know you were married Brinny, that is beautiful. Im am glad God helped you balance focusing on your husband and on him.

I was married, but i had to leave. It was only by God's strength that i was able to. I was pregnant with two small children. We slept on the street...literally in an alcove of a building, on concrete, on a very cold late October night.

Yet, it was a pivotal step out in faith, trusting God, and He opened doors that only HE could open. Trusting Him was a turning point for me. I stepped out into an un-seen by the human eye "unknown", yet HE put His own foundation right smack under my each of my feet, with each step i took.

Read Isaiah 54. That was my anchor i held real tight to.

Precious.

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
"And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose." ~Romans 8:28

This is how He works this verse out in ways only HE can:

But-God-in-His-infinite-skill-blends-all-things-in-our-lives-and-cooks-them-in-the-oven-of-adversity.-One-day-we-shall-be-able-to-see-them-full-transformed.-Then-we-can-taste-that-they-are-%E2%80%93Greg-Laurie.jpg

Upvote 0

Bluerose31

Christian Flower
Site Supporter
Mar 27, 2017
US
✟419,338.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I was married, but i had to leave. It was only by God's strength that i was able to. I was pregnant with two small children. We slept on the street...literally in an alcove of a building, on concrete, on a very cold late October night.

Yet, it was a pivotal step out in faith, trusting God, and He opened doors that only HE could open. Trusting Him was a turning point for me. I stepped out into an un-seen by the human eye "unknown", yet HE put His own foundation right smack under my each of my feet, with each step i took.

Read Isaiah 54. That was my anchor i held real tight to.

Precious.

Brinny I am very glad Jesus protected you and helped you survive through your painful times. Thank you, I will read the verse.

• Friendly
Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Brinny I am very glad Jesus protected you and helped you survive through your painful times. Thank you, I will read the verse.

It was a time of Him SHOWING me that He DOES do exactly as HE promises to do. He removed me from the tentacles of danger and disaster and unhealthy, dangerous relationships and opened a NEW door for me that i never dreamed was possible.

It's like this verse unfolded and came to life:

69ac24fa0cb80b4e6a069ade45c17710.jpg

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Bluerose31

Christian Flower
Site Supporter
Mar 27, 2017
US
✟419,338.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
It was a time of Him SHOWING me that He DOES do exactly as HE promises to do. He removed me from the tentacles of danger and disaster and unhealthy, dangerous relationships and opened a NEW door for me that i never dreamed was possible.

It's like this verse unfolded and came to life:

69ac24fa0cb80b4e6a069ade45c17710.jpg
This is a beautiful verse Brinny. I am glad He does exactly as he promises :)

• Friendly
Upvote 0

aiki

Feb 16, 2007
Winnipeg
✟236,538.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I am afraid of tomorrow. I get severe anxiety on holidays. Tomorrow is Thanksgiving. I just hope it goes well and that nothing hurts me tomorrow. Please pray tomorrow goes well for me.

I realize my response is rather after the fact, but I was struck by a familiar problem evident in what you wrote. I once had a great deal of anxiety. Panic attacks, insomnia, swallowing problems, breathing issues - all symptoms of deep-seated fear and unhappiness. It turned out, though, that at the very bottom of all my fears and unhappiness was just one thing: Self. What do I mean by Self? I mean that part of me that is concerned above all with being comfortable, and safe, and gratified, and attended to. It is that part of me that makes me self-centered, and self-absorbed, that fusses over self-esteem and self-image, that craves praise and acceptance. It turns out, though, that the Bible is right: The more I attend to Self, the less I attend to God; the more I am focused on me, the less I see God and others; the more I work to protect myself from hurt, and self-sacrifice, and potential humiliation, the less useful I am to God.

Like you, I used to dread the hurt that interacting with others inevitably caused. My problem, though, wasn't the hurt I sustained from others, but the hyper-sensitivity of my Self. I was the problem, not everyone else. It took God some time to make me see this. Self had created a prison of isolation and fear for me. In fact, the more of Self I indulged, the more isolated and imprisoned I became.

God helped me to see that the only way to be free of the bondage to Self under which I was laboring was to die. Yup, that's right: die. Not physically, of course, but spiritually. I came to realize, in fact, that I had not been walking as a disciple of Christ really at all. You see, Jesus had told his disciples:

Matthew 16:24-26
24 ..."If anyone desires to come after Me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow Me.
25 For whoever desires to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for My sake will find it.
26 For what profit is it to a man if he gains the whole world, and loses his own soul? Or what will a man give in exchange for his soul?

I had not picked up my cross and died on it; I had not denied myself. Self was alive and well and I had the fear and unhappiness to prove it! This is the sick thing about Self: the more it is indulged, the more destructive and hungry it becomes. And this is, in part, why it must die. No one can truly enjoy God and be a "vessel sanctified and meet for His use" until Self is crucified.

The thing is, a man (or woman) can't actually crucify himself. It's physically impossible to do and it is equally impossible to do spiritually. But it absolutely must be done if we are to live free of the fear, unhappiness and spiritual unfruitfulness Self causes. And so, God did for us what we could not do. He crucified us with Christ some 2000 years ago when Jesus died on the cross of Calvary.

Romans 6:6-7
6 knowing this, that our old man was crucified with Him, that the body of sin might be done away with, that we should no longer be slaves of sin.
7 For he who has died has been freed from sin.

Galatians 2:20
20 I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me.

Colossians 3:3
3 For you died, and your life is hidden with Christ in God.

What we have to do is believe and begin to "reckon it so." (Ro. 6:11) As we do, as we count on Self being rendered powerless to compel us into selfishness and sin, it is then that we begin to experience the reality of death to Self in our living. And when this happens, when Self is crucified, fear and unhappiness dissolve and the joyful, victorious life every Christian is meant to live begins!

I hope you will see that your fear is just Self alive and well. I hope, too, that you will see that you cannot walk with God well, and be His heart and hands to a lost world, until Self dies. Understand, though, that in death there is life! Dying to your Self means living in the fullness of the life you have in Christ!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Bluerose31

Christian Flower
Site Supporter
Mar 27, 2017
US
✟419,338.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I realize my response is rather after the fact, but I was struck by a familiar problem evident in what you wrote. I once had a great deal of anxiety. Panic attacks, insomnia, swallowing problems, breathing issues - all symptoms of deep-seated fear and unhappiness. It turned out, though, that at the very bottom of all my fears and unhappiness was just one thing: Self. What do I mean by Self? I mean that part of me that is concerned above all with being comfortable, and safe, and gratified, and attended to. It is that part of me that makes me self-centered, and self-absorbed, that fusses over self-esteem and self-image, that craves praise and acceptance. It turns out, though, that the Bible is right: The more I attend to Self, the less I attend to God; the more I am focused on me, the less I see God and others; the more I work to protect myself from hurt, and self-sacrifice, and potential humiliation, the less useful I am to God.

Like you, I used to dread the hurt that interacting with others inevitably caused. My problem, though, wasn't the hurt I sustained from others, but the hyper-sensitivity of my Self. I was the problem, not everyone else. It took God some time to make me see this. Self had created a prison of isolation and fear for me. In fact, the more of Self I indulged, the more isolated and imprisoned I became.

God helped me to see that the only way to be free of the bondage to Self under which I was laboring was to die. Yup, that's right die. Not physically, of course, but spiritually. I came to realize, in fact, that I had not been walking as a disciple of Christ really at all. You see, Jesus had told his disciples:

Matthew 16:24-26
24 ..."If anyone desires to come after Me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow Me.
25 For whoever desires to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for My sake will find it.
26 For what profit is it to a man if he gains the whole world, and loses his own soul? Or what will a man give in exchange for his soul?

I had not picked up my cross and died on it; I had not denied myself. Self was alive and well and I had the fear and unhappiness to prove it! This is the sick thing about Self: the more it is indulged, the more destructive and hungry it becomes. And this is, in part, why it must die. No one can truly enjoy God and be a "vessel sanctified and meet for His use" until Self is crucified.

The thing is, a man (or woman) can't actually crucify himself. It's physically impossible to do and it is equally impossible to do spiritually. But it absolutely must be done if we are to live free of the fear, unhappiness and spiritual unfruitfulness Self causes. And so, God did for us what we could not do. He crucified us with Christ some 2000 years ago when Jesus died on the cross of Calvary.

Romans 6:6-7
6 knowing this, that our old man was crucified with Him, that the body of sin might be done away with, that we should no longer be slaves of sin.
7 For he who has died has been freed from sin.

Galatians 2:20
20 I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me.

Colossians 3:3
3 For you died, and your life is hidden with Christ in God.

What we have to do is believe and begin to "reckon it so." (Ro. 6:11) As we do, as we count on Self being rendered powerless to compel us into selfishness and sin, it is then that we begin to experience the reality of death to Self in our living. And when this happens, when Self is crucified, fear and unhappiness dissolve and the joyful, victorious life every Christian is meant to live begins!

I hope you will see that your fear is just Self alive and well. I hope, too, that you will see that you cannot walk with God well, and be His heart and hands to a lost world, until Self dies. Understand, though, that in death there is life! Dying to your Self means living in the fullness of the life you have in Christ!
Thank you so much for sharing this. God bless you. I will pray that Jesus helps me die to self so that I may also live more victoriously :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums