Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,450,958.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You know, a good way to look at it is thinking you can meet Jesus at anytime as we are mortal and could die at anytime. It’s not about the rapture but being ready. I know it is scary anyway you think about it but you must remember God knows our hearts better than we know them ourselves. Do your best. Do not worry about the ‘rapture’. Just keep your lamp filled.

Absolutely. Jesus has two parables about people who set their actions according to their anticipation, and were tragically wrong. As you alluded, one was of the foolish virgins who expected the groom to arrive early. The other was the unwise steward who expected the master to arrive late.

The correct answer is indeed, to be always ready. Let the Lord (or death) catch you doing what you're supposed to be doing.

• Winner
Reactions: Michie
Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟731,303.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
If by "rapture" people mean what 1 Thessalonians 4 says, that's not a problem: Yes at Christ's glorious Parousia the dead will be raised, and those alive will be likewise transformed with them, and caught up to meet the returning Lord in the air.

But that's not what "rapture" means by those who most commonly use it. Instead they almost always have in mind the false doctrine that Jesus will secretly snatch Christians from the earth and bring them directly into heaven to wait out a period of tribulation on the earth.

The first is true, we will meet the Lord Jesus in the air when He returns.
The second is not true, we are not getting taken into heaven by Jesus in secret.

Let us put our hope and faith in Christ and what He has done, not in the vanity of innovative and false doctrines which only serve to rob us of our hope in Christ.

-CryptoLutheran

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Citizen of the Kingdom

Site Supporter
Jan 31, 2006
Vancouver
Visit site
✟311,347.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Misquote I think
I'm sure we could glean many a quote about the Titanic here.

Along with yours.. there were people.. when boarding.. not when it was going down.... that commented on the fact that there was not enough life jackets of life boats.

In fact, the designers knew that there were too few life boats as they needed more space... but... that was OK as even "God Himself" could not sink her.......

That was what I was referring to.
That’s what happens when the men don’t follow the women and children into the lifeboats.

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,450,958.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Okay, so, a funny story. About 30 years ago, I was active duty Air Force stationed with my wife at Bolling Air Force base, which is in SE Washington DC. Even though Bolling is an Air Force Base, it doesn't have a runway (being a "headquarters" base). But we were across the Potomac from Reagan National Airport and our house was directly under the flight path of planes operating from Reagan.

Reagan closed down every night at 10 pm, however, so there were no flights after my bedtime.

This particular spring evening, we had come from a bible study with a very engaging discussion of the rapture. We'd gotten home, did a few tasks, prepared for bed, Because the night was so nice, my wife opened the window and pulled back the shades. Then we went to bed and went to sleep.

We'd been asleep for a couple of hours when I was suddenly awakened by a tremendous roaring sound and a bright light filling the room. I reached over beside me...and my wife was gone!

I cried out, "Oh, no!"

Then my wife came in from the bathroom and said, "What's wrong with you?"

There had been an unusual late night landing at Reagan (probably some Senator), combined with the open window and open shades.

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,450,958.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
False. The Parable of the 10 Virgins is that half of them were ready for when the bridegroom came by being vigilant and bringing extra oil for their lamps, the other half were not, and so halfway through their watch they had to get more oil, and missed the bridegroom.

It is one of several parables Jesus tells in regard to His coming in judgment at the end of the age. The point is we do not know when Christ will come, so we must always be ready.

It has nothing to do with the false doctrine of the rapture.

-CryptoLutheran

If it does, the lesson is not to anticipate the bridegroom coming soon, but to be prepared to wait as long as necessary.

Reactions: ViaCrucis
Upvote 0

Citizen of the Kingdom

Site Supporter
Jan 31, 2006
Vancouver
Visit site
✟311,347.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Okay, so, a funny story. About 30 years ago, I was active duty Air Force stationed with my wife at Bolling Air Force base, which is in SE Washington DC. Even though Bolling is an Air Force Base, it doesn't have a runway (being a "headquarters" base). But we were across the Potomac from Reagan National Airport and our house was directly under the flight path of planes operating from Reagan.

Reagan closed down every night at 10 pm, however, so there were no flights after my bedtime.

This particular spring evening, we had come from a bible study with a very engaging discussion of the rapture. We'd gotten home, did a few tasks, prepared for bed, Because the night was so nice, my wife opened the window and pulled back the shades. Then we went to bed and went to sleep.

We'd been asleep for a couple of hours when I was suddenly awakened by a tremendous roaring sound and a bright light filling the room. I reached over beside me...and my wife was gone!

I cried out, "Oh, no!"

Then my wife came in from the bathroom and said, "What's wrong with you?"

There had been an unusual late night landing at Reagan (probably some Senator), combined with the open window and open shades.
That’s funny, so you really thought she was gone?

Upvote 0

lsume

Site Supporter
Mar 14, 2017
Florida
✟417,518.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I heard that the Rapture is coming soon:

I'm scared of being left behind. How can I prepare for the rapture? Can I still be saved if I don't make it? What will happen if I am left behind?

How do I not fear the Rapture? Well, not so much as being scared of the Rapture itself, but being left behind. Some say it will be worse than the days of Gomorrah.
The meek shall inherit the earth.

Upvote 0

Jamdoc

Watching and Praying Always
Oct 22, 2019
Helena
✟206,489.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
If by "rapture" people mean what 1 Thessalonians 4 says, that's not a problem: Yes at Christ's glorious Parousia the dead will be raised, and those alive will be likewise transformed with them, and caught up to meet the returning Lord in the air.

But that's not what "rapture" means by those who most commonly use it. Instead they almost always have in mind the false doctrine that Jesus will secretly snatch Christians from the earth and bring them directly into heaven to wait out a period of tribulation on the earth.

The first is true, we will meet the Lord Jesus in the air when He returns.
The second is not true, we are not getting taken into heaven by Jesus in secret.

Let us put our hope and faith in Christ and what He has done, not in the vanity of innovative and false doctrines which only serve to rob us of our hope in Christ.

-CryptoLutheran
That's only the pretrib view. I just view rapture as the 1 Thessalonians 4 event, the resurrection, second coming, call it what you will. The timing of it is less important but people can all back their viewpoint with scripture somehow or another.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Jamdoc

Watching and Praying Always
Oct 22, 2019
Helena
✟206,489.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
I'm planning on not being raptured. You can join me in that trip through tribulation.

The rapture is a con to put Christians to sleep. And it's working.
Pre wrath or post trib doesn't. It's only pretrib that is basically trusting that the signs that Jesus said weren't for them.

Upvote 0

YouAreAwesome

☝✌
Oct 17, 2016
Lismore, Australia
✟94,543.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

I'm scared of being left behind. How can I prepare for the rapture? Can I still be saved if I don't make it? What will happen if I am left behind?

How do I not fear the Rapture? Well, not so much as being scared of the Rapture itself, but being left behind. Some say it will be worse than the days of Gomorrah.

Hi, here is an excellent book that reveals the biblical truth about where the doctrine of the rapture goes wrong:

Raptureless: First Edition (Free)

I encourage you to also read a book called Victorious Eschatology which helps to break that spirit of fear that so often attaches itself to the end time doctrines.

Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟731,303.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
That's only the pretrib view. I just view rapture as the 1 Thessalonians 4 event, the resurrection, second coming, call it what you will. The timing of it is less important but people can all back their viewpoint with scripture somehow or another.

In general "The Rapture" is associated with what you call the Pre-Trib view. What is called the Post-Trib view is certainly less problematic, since it agrees with Scripture and the general confession of the Christian faith; but it is arguably better in my opinion to dispense with the use of the term "Rapture", and instead simply confess the faith once and for all delivered: That on the Last Day Christ will return, and the dead will rise, glory be to God.

-CryptoLutheran

• Agree
Reactions: RDKirk
Upvote 0

Junia

May 17, 2020
Bristol
✟31,159.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
My tak eon this is that Jesus will come back for us one day the Bible makes it clear He will take us to be with Him. as to when? well, God knows when. i can understnd the fear- i feel very afraid of Jesus coming back....i need more time to overcome my sin and get ready???

Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,656.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Misquote I think
That’s what happens when the men don’t follow the women and children into the lifeboats.
Sorry, I don't get what your meaning.

My point was.. Telling people "it's OK" when they have concerns.. never helps and is often times wrong advice.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

lismore

Maranatha
Oct 28, 2004
Scotland
✟244,718.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Hello boxman.

13 But we do not want you to be uninformed, brothers, about those who are asleep, gthat you may not grieve as others do who have no hope. Since we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so, through Jesus, God will bring with him jthose who have fallen asleep. By a word from the Lord, that we who are alive, who are left until the coming of the Lord, will not precede those who have fallen asleep. The Lord himself will descend from heaven with a cry of command, with the voice of an archangel, and with the sound of the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first. Then we who are alive, who are left, will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air, and so we will always be with the Lord. 18 Therefore encourage one another with these words.(1 Thessalonians 4:13-18)

The bible, talking about the Harpazo (Greek), the catching up (English), the rapture (latin), tells us to encourage one another with these words. It isn't something for you to be afraid of. It will be the best day of your life. It is something that's meant to encourage you.

God Bless :)

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: Junia
Upvote 0

Junia

May 17, 2020
Bristol
✟31,159.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Robert Lyte. I've talked with him before through email, nice guy.

but how does he KNOW rapture is coming soon. He has the same Bible we do? the Bible is the only book that can tell us. the Bible is where the prophecies are about end times

Upvote 0

Junia

May 17, 2020
Bristol
✟31,159.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

i mean, this guy is just the same as you and i and any other christians. the Bible gives us info about the end times, there aren;t any extra-Biblical info on this

Upvote 0

Junia

May 17, 2020
Bristol
✟31,159.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

He did not write the Bible? this guy? so how do you know he isnt make this stuff up???

Upvote 0

Junia

May 17, 2020
Bristol
✟31,159.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
prophecy illuminated and expands on what has been written. it does not add to it. unless what this guy means is that we can tell if we ar ein the end times or close to them? i do believe that. there are signs all around us? that sys it is close. but there are no dates predicting. no day month nor year. becsue to say otherwise would contradict Jesus

Upvote 0