Montreal, Quebec
✟251,078.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The word rapture is a Latin translation of the greek word "hapazo" translated "caught up" in English.
1st Thessalonians 4 16For the Lord himself will descend from heaven with a cry of command, with the voice of an archangel, and with the sound of the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first. 17Then we who are alive, who are left, will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air, and o we will always be with the Lord. 18Therefore encourage one another with these words.
The concept of the rapture or catching away the saints who are alive and remain is biblical as it comes from Paul's writing to the Thessalonians.
You are not making a case for the correctness of the rapture here - you are merely asserting that there will be a rapture. I hope to give the details later, but there are compelling arguments for interpreting this famous text in a way that does not involve a rapture.

Upvote 0

Berean Tim

Mar 19, 2017
Houston TX
✟146,931.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You are not making a case for the correctness of the rapture here - you are merely asserting that there will be a rapture. I hope to give the details later, but there are compelling arguments for interpreting this famous text in a way that does not involve a rapture.
I take the plain meaning of the text. Look forward to your augment

Upvote 0

F.E.A.R.

Emperor's Children
May 14, 2016
Warhammer 40K Universe
✟71,398.00
Country
Serbia
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Why do you deny it?
Because there won't be such a thing called "Rapture". And I personally wouldn't listen to someone on YT spewing nonsense on how he's foretelling that the "Rapture" will soon happen. The OP is in a false dilemma and panic over something that's never gonna happen.

Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,686.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Because there won't be such a thing called "Rapture". And I personally wouldn't listen to someone on YT spewing nonsense on how he's foretelling that the "Rapture" will soon happen. The OP is in a false dilemma and panic over something that's never gonna happen.
That's according to you and the many people that think and believe as you do.

There are, however, many others of all levels of theological knowledge and understanding that believe differently.

I could state... "That is a very good question" in all confidence that others would agree...

So, just because you say so.... ain't cutt'n it.

Upvote 0

F.E.A.R.

Emperor's Children
May 14, 2016
Warhammer 40K Universe
✟71,398.00
Country
Serbia
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
That's according to you and the many people that think and believe as you do.

There are, however, many others of all levels of theological knowledge and understanding that believe differently.

I could state... "That is a very good question" in all confidence that others would agree...

So, just because you say so.... ain't cutt'n it.
I can argue why it's not true, but this subforum isn't where we discuss theology.

Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,686.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
I can argue why it's not true, but this subforum isn't where we discuss theology.
Been there ....... done that.... many times... here on CF.

This thread is not about anything that you have posted..

Telling someone that the thing that they fear doesn't exist.... never works.... Ever.

Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟732,144.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others

More than that, what people claim to be happening in 1 Thessalonians 4--people being taken by Jesus directly into heaven--is no where to be found in the text whatsoever.

There simply is nothing in the Bible that teaches that Christians will be taken directly into heaven preceding some period of tribulation.

It's more than that there's a compelling case against rapturism, it's that there is no case for rapturism.

And that's really important, because the OP is an example of exactly what happens when one starts listening to proponents of "Bible prophecy" and so-called "end times experts"--it places one in a state of fear that no Christian has to be in.

The fact that such an aberrant theological article is taken for granted by so many is demonstrative of how deeply in need the modern western Church is for theological and biblical literacy.

DIY religion only hurts the Body of Christ.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

F.E.A.R.

Emperor's Children
May 14, 2016
Warhammer 40K Universe
✟71,398.00
Country
Serbia
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Been there ....... done that.... many times... here on CF.

This thread is not about anything that you have posted..

Telling someone that the thing that they fear doesn't exist.... never works.... Ever.
It's not, but that's why I asked him in the first place. Why does he believe in it (this nonsense)? I was curious what his answer would be. But hey it ain't my fault because someone believes in a false teaching. I would actually argue in rare instances, unless I'm provoked, I have no intention to explain to someone who doesn't want to listen.

• Agree
Reactions: IntriKate
Upvote 0

Berean Tim

Mar 19, 2017
Houston TX
✟146,931.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
More than that, what people claim to be happening in 1 Thessalonians 4--people being taken by Jesus directly into heaven--is no where to be found in the text whatsoever.

There simply is nothing in the Bible that teaches that Christians will be taken directly into heaven preceding some period of tribulation.

It's more than that there's a compelling case against rapturism, it's that there is no case for rapturism

And that's really important, because the OP is an example of exactly what happens when one starts listening to proponents of "Bible prophecy" and so-called "end times experts"--it places one in a state of fear that no Christian has to be in.

The fact that such an aberrant theological article is taken for granted by so many is demonstrative of how deeply in need the modern western Church is for theological and biblical literacy.

DIY religion only hurts the Body of Christ.

-CryptoLutheran
If you're referring to my post I never said raptured to heaven. 1 Thessalonians 4 states we will be "caught up" to meet the Lord in the air. I'm cool with that, where Jesus is so I will be

Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,686.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
It's not, but that's why I asked him in the first place. Why does he believe in it (this nonsense)?

Do you tell a person, afraid of falling out of a roller coaster..flying on a plane.... going on a zip line..... afraid of spiders..... afraid of the dark...."Don't be afraid of such nonsense"?..... in some way thinking it will stop them from being afraid....?????

I was curious what his answer would be.

Nice.... you go on a forum, to state things.... to see how people will respond.

But hey it ain't my fault because someone believes in a false teaching.

And... it's not theirs if you believe in false teachings either...

As I told you. You do not hold the indisputable truth here... This is not the thread to start that infinite bantering back and forth over this topic.

Men and women of far more knowledge of you and I.... debate this topic ad nauseam...

I would actually argue in rare instances, unless I'm provoked, I have no intention to explain to someone who doesn't want to listen.

Go ahead... start a thread on this argument.... see how many pages it goes for and .... better still... how many in that thread ever change their view...

"But hey it ain't my fault because someone believes in a false teaching" Is a fruitless and arrogant statement to make. It accomplishes nothing but show that you believe that you alone hold the solid truth on a well debated and unresolved topic.

And... unwarranted in this thread.

Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,686.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
If you're referring to my post I never said raptured to heaven. 1 Thessalonians 4 states we will be "caught up" to meet the Lord in the air. I'm cool with that, where Jesus is so I will be
I like that answer.

Reactions: Berean Tim
Upvote 0