Jul 31, 2003
Michigan
✟236,715.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
How do I not fear the Rapture?
You might start by not paying attention to nonsense like that video.

"Pestilence, famine, drought and war are happening, that means the rapture is happening soon"? Please: pestilence, famine, drought and war have been happening since long before Jesus came, and smart money says that you'll die before he comes again.

So stop listening to whacked-out modern interpretations of the Revelation of John, attend to the daily business of growing in God's grace and leave the grand plan up to Him.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Dkh587

Supporter
Jun 6, 2014
Southeast
✟552,407.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Zechariah 14:5 (KJV) And ye shall flee to the valley of the mountains; for the valley of the mountains shall reach unto Azal: yea, ye shall flee, like as ye fled from before the earthquake in the days of Uzziah king of Judah: and the LORD my God shall come, and all the saints with thee.

1 Thessalonians 3:13 (KJV) To the end he may stablish your hearts unblameable in holiness before God, even our Father, at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ with all his saints.
Were you posting those to agree or disagree?

Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Change is inevitable, feel free to spare some.
Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟721,286.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
so 1 Thessalonians 4 was written in the 18th century, man Paul lived a long time!
Yeah, I know right?

"If I want him to remain alive until I return, what is that to you? You must follow me." Because of this, the rumor spread among the brothers that this disciple would not die. (John 21:22)

Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Change is inevitable, feel free to spare some.
Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟721,286.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
I heard that the Rapture is coming soon:

I'm scared of being left behind. How can I prepare for the rapture? Can I still be saved if I don't make it? What will happen if I am left behind?

How do I not fear the Rapture? Well, not so much as being scared of the Rapture itself, but being left behind. Some say it will be worse than the days of Gomorrah.
I don't get the sense that the person speaking in the video believes what he is saying.

I find it helpful to always be prepared for the return of Jesus (and not necessarily a fictional rapture event) so people who come to become the centre of attention saying "be ready" won't matter.

Upvote 0

crossnote

Berean
Supporter
May 16, 2010
So. Cal.
✟250,151.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Were you posting those to agree or disagree?
Probably disagree. If the saints are left behind, who are these coming with Jesus?...
1 Thessalonians 3:13 (KJV) To the end he may stablish your hearts unblameable in holiness before God, even our Father, at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ with all his saints.

• Agree
Reactions: lismore
Upvote 0

Archivist

Senior Veteran
Supporter
Mar 5, 2004
Morgantown, West Virginia, USA
✟571,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
But the Israel wasn't back in the Promise Land until 1948 and that was one of the condition for Lord's return.

Another sign: Revelation 12:1 happened on 23rd September 2017.
And another Matther 24:48-51 'But suppose that servant is wicked and says to himself, `My master is staying away a long time,' and he then begins to beat his fellow servants and to eat and drink with drunkards. The master of that servant will come on a day when he does not expect him and at an hour he is not aware of. He will cut him to pieces and assign him a place with the hypocrites, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.' - what is happening in the Church right now. The Church is divided, between Christians saying He will come soon and Christians who say 'No you will be alright, it will take a long time' only in the past few decades it is like this. And what does Jesus say? He will punish those who say He will come soon? No. He will punish those who say otherwise.
And all the big disasters in nature, happen every day. So all the signs happened in the past few decades? Why because He is coming soon.

Oh and by the way if you read Daniel Chapter 7 and the 4 beasts. We are currently under the beast number 3. The first beast the Lion, that was the British Empire spread all over the World, the second beast the bear, was the Soviet Union. The third beast, the leopard with the 4 wings, that's the USA right now. But Daniel was not asking about any of these beasts but about the fourth beast too because he was scary..yeah that's antichrist. So the first 3 beasts of Daniel too happened in the past decades/centuries. Gusss who is coming shortly after them.

God created everything in 6 days, rested on 7th. And for God one day is like 1000 years and 1000 years like one day. 6 days 6 thousand years. 3 ages. First age, the first two day (first 2 millennia) from the Fall until the Flood and Noah, approximately 2000 years, then new age begins from Abraham who was born 2 years after Noah, and God chose Israel as a nation through the covenant with Abraham. Israel too had 2 days (2 Milennia) until Jesus, until they were kicked out of Promised Land and scattered all over the Earth in 70 A.D. And now we have approximately 2000 years from then, (days 5 and 6 of creation) and the 7th day is coming, the day of the rest, the 7th millennium of Jesus rule on Earth. But the beast has to happen first, and it will come soon. Of course the rapture has to happen before the antichrist is revealed so the born in Spirit are speared of this.
This is an advice thread, not a debate thread so I’m not going to debate the matter with you.

The fact is that some people have thought that we were in the last days for almost 2000 years. Thus far it hasn’t happened. Only the Father knows when it will happen.

That doesn’t mean that we shouldn’t be ready to meet Jesus. Any one of us could be killed in an auto accident or die of COVID-19 tomorrow.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

IntriKate

Nov 23, 2019
✟105,464.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
All these debates about if the rapture happens before the tribulation or after are useless. The only thing we need to know is that Jesus is faithful and he holds his children in his hands and he won't let any of them be snatched away or forgotten.

Upvote 0

Jamdoc

Watching and Praying Always
Oct 22, 2019
Helena
✟203,883.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
No, but people have arguably misinterpreted 1 Thess 4. From NT Wright:

This dramatic end-time scenario is based (wrongly, as we shall see) on Paul’s First Letter to the Thessalonians, where he writes: “For the Lord himself will descend from heaven with a shout of command, with the voice of an archangel and the trumpet of God. The dead in Christ will rise first; then we, who are left alive, will be snatched up with them on clouds to meet the Lord in the air; and so we shall always be with the Lord” (1 Thessalonians 4:16-17).

What on earth (or in heaven) did Paul mean?

It is Paul who should be credited with creating this scenario. Jesus himself, as I have argued in various books, never predicted such an event[2]. The gospel passages about “the Son of Man coming on the clouds” (Mark 13:26, 14:62, for example) are about Jesus’ vindication, his “coming” to heaven from earth. The parables about a returning king or master (for example, Luke 19:11-27) were originally about God returning to Jerusalem, not about Jesus returning to earth. This, Jesus seemed to believe, was an event within space-time history, not one that would end it forever.

The Ascension of Jesus and the Second Coming are nevertheless vital Christian doctrines[3], and I don’t deny that I believe some future event will result in the personal presence of Jesus within God’s new creation. This is taught throughout the New Testament outside the Gospels. But this event won’t in any way resemble the Left Behind account. Understanding what will happen requires a far more sophisticated cosmology than the one in which “heaven” is somewhere up there in our universe, rather than in a different dimension, a different space-time, altogether.

The New Testament, building on ancient biblical prophecy, envisages that the creator God will remake heaven and earth entirely, affirming the goodness of the old Creation but overcoming its mortality and corruptibility (e.g., Romans 8:18-27; Revelation 21:1; Isaiah 65:17, 66:22). When that happens, Jesus will appear within the resulting new world (e.g., Colossians 3:4; 1 John 3:2).

Paul’s description of Jesus’ reappearance in 1 Thessalonians 4 is a brightly colored version of what he says in two other passages, 1 Corinthians 15:51-54 and Philippians 3:20-21: At Jesus’ “coming” or “appearing,” those who are still alive will be “changed” or “transformed” so that their mortal bodies will become incorruptible, deathless. This is all that Paul intends to say in Thessalonians, but here he borrows imagery—from biblical and political sources—to enhance his message. Little did he know how his rich metaphors would be misunderstood two millennia later.

I take it you don't believe Paul's epistles to be inspired then, a shame.
Paul was also referencing song of solomon 2.
Song of Solomon 2:8-10
God coming down with a shout, telling His beloved to arise.
Yeah I fully realize it's poetry, but it seems a bit like what Paul was talking about descriptively.

Upvote 0

Citizen of the Kingdom

Supporter
Jan 31, 2006
Vancouver
Visit site
✟303,748.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I take it you don't believe Paul's epistles to be inspired then, a shame.
Paul was also referencing song of solomon 2.
Song of Solomon 2:8-10
God coming down with a shout, telling His beloved to arise.
Yeah I fully realize it's poetry, but it seems a bit like what Paul was talking about descriptively.
Sometimes people just get tired of making the same assumptions about things that are supposed to happen that they made 50 yrs ago and might be 50 yrs from now. All we know for sure is that we’re not supposed to know. Rapture is one of those things that I include in Hope for the salvation of my soul, but that’s just a very small part of it. As they say, don’t sweat the small stuff when He’s given mysteries to unfold. The butler isn’t always the villain.

Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,559.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

'm scared of being left behind. How can I prepare for the rapture? Can I still be saved if I don't make it? What will happen if I am left behind?

How do I not fear the Rapture? Well, not so much as being scared of the Rapture itself, but being left behind. Some say it will be worse than the days of Gomorrah.

As know one knows when Jesus is coming back all you can do is two things.
1/ stoping listening or watching these messages.
2/ live as a Christian. That is the only way anyone can promise you you will be 'raptured' assuming it happens while you are alive.

• Winner
Reactions: Junia
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

nolidad

Supporter
Jan 2, 2006
onj this planet
✟221,310.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

I'm scared of being left behind. How can I prepare for the rapture? Can I still be saved if I don't make it? What will happen if I am left behind?

It may or may not come in our lifetime. but if it does, and you have trusted in the death and resurrection of Jesus as the full payment of your sin- you will be caught up. Being raptured is not based on how "good" of a Christian you are!

• Winner
Upvote 0

Jamdoc

Watching and Praying Always
Oct 22, 2019
Helena
✟203,883.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Sometimes people just get tired of making the same assumptions about things that are supposed to happen that they made 50 yrs ago and might be 50 yrs from now. All we know for sure is that we’re not supposed to know. Rapture is one of those things that I include in Hope for the salvation of my soul, but that’s just a very small part of it. As they say, don’t sweat the small stuff when He’s given mysteries to unfold. The butler isn’t always the villain.
Of course. The main point is that to be raptured is just to be saved, whether it happens during our lifetime or not, no real consequence, 1 Thessalonians 4 was actually to tell the brethren not to worry about their deceased love ones "missing out" on Jesus returning, that they'd rise first.
Rapture shouldn't be something to be anxious about it's something to be hopeful about and comforted about, that God's not gonna forget you, that if you believe on Christ you will get to see Him.
Like I said in an earlier post. rapture timing is something we should all be willing to change in mid air if it comes to it. It shouldn't be something you lose faith over.
Like if we're suddenly being lifted off the ground out of nowhere you just think "well, I guess pre trib was right" or if you're starving in a cell waiting for execution for preaching the gospel during the tribulations and your cell breaks open and you rise out or you get guillotined and are spiritually in Heaven and God says "I'll see you again soon" and you're suddenly back in a body rising up to meet Jesus in the clouds "I guess it was pre wrath" or you get crushed by a 60 pound hailstone and again, spiritually in heaven but go through a revolving door back to your body rising up "maybe it was post trib afterall"
Doesn't matter really, what matters is that you trust God to come for you and resurrect you. After that.. you won't be anxious about rapture or rapture timing.

• Winner
Upvote 0

Dkh587

Supporter
Jun 6, 2014
Southeast
✟552,407.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Probably disagree. If the saints are left behind, who are these coming with Jesus?...
Contextually, it appears to be referring to his followers. It’s possible that it’s referring to the angels, they are sometimes called saints, or holy ones.

They will be gathered with him, dead or alive, and will “come” with him. It doesn’t necessarily mean that they are already with him.

If you take me with you to a cookout, and you pick me up along the way, I would be coming with you to the cookout, even though you met me and took me with you.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

dqhall

Supporter
Jul 21, 2015
Florida
Visit site
✟766,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
For all those wet blankets that think you can quell someones fears by saying "don't worry, that will never happen"..... Well... how many times has that helped anyone..

Like those on the Titanic that were worried about the number of life boats and life jackets... who were told.. "This is unsinkable"..

Save your opinions about whether it will come or not come or when it will come or whatever.. for a thread that allows for your infinite, uneducated, unsupported, invalidated, unsubstantiated wisdom on end time prophesies...for which scholars of a wealth of combined knowledge cannot agree on.
On the Titanic the captain said, “Women and children first.” Some lifeboats left the ship half full as they thought they were not supposed to take men aboard. Lives were lost due to this error.

Matthew 6:25-34 (NIV)

28 “And why do you worry about clothes? See how the flowers of the field grow. They do not labor or spin. 29 Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. 30 If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will he not much more clothe you—you of little faith? 31 So do not worry, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear? 32 For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. 33 But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. 34 Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.

Upvote 0

Citizen of the Kingdom

Supporter
Jan 31, 2006
Vancouver
Visit site
✟303,748.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Of course. The main point is that to be raptured is just to be saved, whether it happens during our lifetime or not, no real consequence, 1 Thessalonians 4 was actually to tell the brethren not to worry about their deceased love ones "missing out" on Jesus returning, that they'd rise first.
Rapture shouldn't be something to be anxious about it's something to be hopeful about and comforted about, that God's not gonna forget you, that if you believe on Christ you will get to see Him.
Like I said in an earlier post. rapture timing is something we should all be willing to change in mid air if it comes to it. It shouldn't be something you lose faith over.
Like if we're suddenly being lifted off the ground out of nowhere you just think "well, I guess pre trib was right" or if you're starving in a cell waiting for execution for preaching the gospel during the tribulations and your cell breaks open and you rise out or you get guillotined and are spiritually in Heaven and God says "I'll see you again soon" and you're suddenly back in a body rising up to meet Jesus in the clouds "I guess it was pre wrath" or you get crushed by a 60 pound hailstone and again, spiritually in heaven but go through a revolving door back to your body rising up "maybe it was post trib afterall"
Doesn't matter really, what matters is that you trust God to come for you and resurrect you. After that.. you won't be anxious about rapture or rapture timing.
Nor something to get an inferiority complex about either like someone is about to butt you out of line. If and when, whatever Paul meant besides comforting those who thought they missed the boat, me many times, it will have no influence from us outside of what we do with our lives now.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,626.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
On the Titanic the captain said, “Women and children first.” Some lifeboats left the ship half full as they thought they were not supposed to take men aboard. Lives were lost due to this error.

Matthew 6:25-34 (NIV)

28 “And why do you worry about clothes? See how the flowers of the field grow. They do not labor or spin. 29 Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. 30 If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will he not much more clothe you—you of little faith? 31 So do not worry, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear? 32 For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. 33 But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. 34 Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.
I'm sure we could glean many a quote about the Titanic here.

Along with yours.. there were people.. when boarding.. not when it was going down.... that commented on the fact that there was not enough life jackets of life boats.

In fact, the designers knew that there were too few life boats as they needed more space... but... that was OK as even "God Himself" could not sink her.......

That was what I was referring to.

Upvote 0

crossnote

Berean
Supporter
May 16, 2010
So. Cal.
✟250,151.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Contextually, it appears to be referring to his followers. It’s possible that it’s referring to the angels, they are sometimes called saints, or holy ones.

They will be gathered with him, dead or alive, and will “come” with him. It doesn’t necessarily mean that they are already with him.

If you take me with you to a cookout, and you pick me up along the way, I would be coming with you to the cookout, even though you met me and took me with you.
I had a reply but then saw post#56 and was reminded no debating in #Christian Advice.

• Friendly
Reactions: Dkh587
Upvote 0

Ronit

Jul 29, 2017
Oregon
✟34,860.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
You know, a good way to look at it is thinking you can meet Jesus at anytime as we are mortal and could die at anytime. It’s not about the rapture but being ready. I know it is scary anyway you think about it but you must remember God knows our hearts better than we know them ourselves. Do your best. Do not worry about the ‘rapture’. Just keep your lamp filled.
Amen!

Reactions: Michie
Upvote 0