LucyT25

Jun 10, 2016
Louisiana
✟17,335.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
I am a former Catholic. I'm not really sure what I believe in now. I yearn to believe in God, but I have my doubts. I find myself feeling alone and hopeless most of the time. I am a working mom.I hate it. I have a 45 minute commute to work. I wanted to be a stay at home mom but that didn't pan out. My husband and I fight all the time. I am resentful and cold. The world is horrible. I have anxiety. I am fearful that something bad could happen to my daughter one day. I feel lonely, sad, and tired. I wish there was a God out there to save me, to change my heart, but I can't find him. Sometimes I pray, but my life seems to continue to be such a horrible mess.

Reactions: BeStill&Know

paul becke

Site Supporter
Jul 12, 2003
Edinburgh, Scotland.
✟205,214.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Politics
UK-Labour
Get back to the Catholic church, Lucy. I did and have never looked back. And I bet I was meaner than you!

Your unconscious mind knows that you are missing the one thing that give meaning to everything else in your life. The more you miss it, the more bitter and angry you become, and the more you tend to blame others

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Goatee

Jesus, please forgive me, a sinner.
Aug 16, 2015
Under a Rock. Wales, UK
✟77,615.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Divorced
God is calling you back. Seek Spiritual guidance. Go to your nearest Catholic Church and see the priest.

You know, i often wonder why my prayers are not being answered. Why i give in to temptations so easily. Why i committed adultery over and over and over with the same woman! I love God so much but i keep failing at life, at marriage.

Through it all though, i have my faith. Nobody can take that away from me.

At this critical time in my life (very critical for my Soul) i am so glad that i am a Catholic. I am so thankful to God for the Sacraments.

Seek out the parish priest. Open your heart to him. God is waiting for you friend.

Upvote 0

smithed64

To Die is gain, To Live is Christ
Site Supporter
Feb 2, 2013
Chattanooga, Tennessee
✟41,497.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
The Love of Christ! The Fullness, Freeness, and Immutability of the Savior’s Grace Displayed!

James Smith

Believer, never repine at your trials, nor be over-anxious for their removal.They are appointed by Jesus as your Purifier — and are choice blessings in disguise!

Seek their sanctification, wrestle with God that you may see His love in every stroke, and look to Jesus that you may enjoy His pres- ence when passing through the flame!

Nothing can hurt you — while Jesus is near you; and He is never nearer to you — than when you are in the furnace! For He sits right there as the Refiner . . . watching the process, regulating the heat, and waiting to effect a gracious deliverance — when the ends of His love are answered.

He is only preparing you for fresh manifestations of His glory — and fitting you for larger communications of His love.

In the furnace, you will lose nothing that is worth keeping — but you will obtain what is truly valuable!

Remember He loves you and He is there. Always.

Read His Word, the book of John. Ask God to open your eyes, heart and mind to His Word as you read. Put Christ first in your life.
Seek ye first the kingdom of God, first, then all the other will be added to you.
If you have sin in your life...Repent of those sins. Come to God with a contrite heart and broken spirit. He will save you. He is just and righteous to do so.
Remember, it's not we do that saves us. It's all Him. God created us, God sent His Son to save us and this He does. No amount of works will save you. We are saved by grace through faith, not by works, least we boast.
He made his promises to us. He will keep them.
I'm sorry your going thru these hard times, Even if you place your trust in Christ, these hard times will come. Stand tall, knowing that God has made a way. Know that for every tribulation we go thru, trusting Christ we grow stronger in the Lord.

Will keep you in my prayers.

Upvote 0

John Hyperspace

UnKnown ReMember
Oct 3, 2016
Hyperspace
✟35,143.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I am a former Catholic. I'm not really sure what I believe in now. I yearn to believe in God, but I have my doubts. I find myself feeling alone and hopeless most of the time. I am a working mom.I hate it. I have a 45 minute commute to work. I wanted to be a stay at home mom but that didn't pan out. My husband and I fight all the time. I am resentful and cold. The world is horrible. I have anxiety. I am fearful that something bad could happen to my daughter one day. I feel lonely, sad, and tired. I wish there was a God out there to save me, to change my heart, but I can't find him. Sometimes I pray, but my life seems to continue to be such a horrible mess.

Do you feel like this describes you: Mark 4:36-38? If so, read this: Mark 4:39-40. Do you understand that God is the one sending the storm? And, why He is sending the wind and the waves?

• Agree
Upvote 0

LucyT25

Jun 10, 2016
Louisiana
✟17,335.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Do you feel like this describes you: Mark 4:36-38? If so, read this: Mark 4:39-40. Do you understand that God is the one sending the storm? And, why He is sending the wind and the waves?
Could God be sending me the storms to test my faith, or draw me back to the faith?

Upvote 0

paul becke

Site Supporter
Jul 12, 2003
Edinburgh, Scotland.
✟205,214.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Politics
UK-Labour
The Love of Christ! The Fullness, Freeness, and Immutability of the Savior’s Grace Displayed!

James Smith

Believer, never repine at your trials, nor be over-anxious for their removal.They are appointed by Jesus as your Purifier — and are choice blessings in disguise!

Seek their sanctification, wrestle with God that you may see His love in every stroke, and look to Jesus that you may enjoy His pres- ence when passing through the flame!

Nothing can hurt you — while Jesus is near you; and He is never nearer to you — than when you are in the furnace! For He sits right there as the Refiner . . . watching the process, regulating the heat, and waiting to effect a gracious deliverance — when the ends of His love are answered.

He is only preparing you for fresh manifestations of His glory — and fitting you for larger communications of His love.

In the furnace, you will lose nothing that is worth keeping — but you will obtain what is truly valuable!

Read His Word, the book of John. Ask God to open your eyes, heart and mind to His Word as you read. Put Christ first in your life.
Seek ye first the kingdom of God, first, then all the other will be added to you.
If you have sin in your life...Repent of those sins. Come to God with a contrite heart and broken spirit. He will save you. He is just and righteous to do so.
Remember, it's not we do that saves us. It's all Him. God created us, God sent His Son to save us and this He does. No amount of works will save you. We are saved by grace through faith, not by works, least we boast.
I'm sorry your going thru these hard times, Even if you place your trust in Christ, these hard times will come. Stand tall, knowing that God has made a way. Know that for every tribulation we go thru, trusting Christ we grow stronger in the Lord.

What a beautiful and wise post, James.

Upvote 0

LucyT25

Jun 10, 2016
Louisiana
✟17,335.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married

James Smith

What do you mean when you say "the ends of his love are answered"?

Upvote 0

BeStill&Know

Site Supporter
Sep 13, 2015
✟68,040.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
If I had not the foundation of God's Word,
I would have collapsed long ago.
The Lord has never ask anyone to JOIN a religion.
He asked us to join Him.
That would be the difference between going to a Chapel to get married but not having a Groom.
Most likely if you don't read, study and meditate on God's Word < the Bible I mean, then you will stay where you are or your life will evolve into something worse.
Jesus states He Is The Word.
Jesus announces He is The True Bread for our life.
If you eat the True Bread and not junk food, you will find your way.
He will give you strength for your journey.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

John Hyperspace

UnKnown ReMember
Oct 3, 2016
Hyperspace
✟35,143.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Could God be sending me the storms to test my faith, or draw me back to the faith?

I thought smithed64 replied agreeably enough. Storms pass in their time. They are either used to strengthen what faith we have; or, to expose our faith as non-existent. But, every storm has its purpose.

• Winner
Upvote 0

bling

Site Supporter
Feb 27, 2008
✟826,126.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
You can always find people with seemingly less trouble than yours and others with greater trouble, but we all have troubles. You need to find a group close by and not expect to much from the internet although we will be praying for you and we could meet someday. We all need a support group. I do not think you have to go back to the Catholic Church, but find a group reaching out to the hurting in your area and follow after them for a while to check them out.

Upvote 0

smithed64

To Die is gain, To Live is Christ
Site Supporter
Feb 2, 2013
Chattanooga, Tennessee
✟41,497.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
What do you mean when you say "the ends of his love are answered"?

As we live life,we go thru the hard times and good. As the writer says here, Christ is the refiner. Just as when the sand is hot when the glass is made. It has to be a certain temperature and consistency, Christ helps us from those hard times and thru the fire so that we can shine with His glory. He does this throughout our lives, from the day we are Born, til the day we die where we see the end of our love answered in living with Christ forever more.
It's speaking of our love while alive ending and the new love we receive with being with Christ begins.

Upvote 0

Balugon

o( ' . ' )o
Jul 18, 2005
The Looking Glass
✟32,114.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single

Out of all the things that could change, what would you want to see changed the most?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Steven Wood

Not my will but Thy will be done
Jul 17, 2015
Arkansas, United States
✟18,151.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Lucy I can't shed any light to your wonder if God is creating the storm or if it's separation from God that's causing it. I also can't say much about the Catholic religion or any other denominations as far as that goes. Something I can talk about is my past experiences and hopefully they will give you an alternate way of thinking. I used to be a very cold,spiteful person. Everyone including my friends and family had a very specific word for me that most people consider an insult but I owned and took pride in. Even when I went to church and thought I was being a "good christian" I was still a jerk with a huge chip on my shoulder. My entire life revolved around loved ones either leaving or dying and people that I thought were faithful friends always ended up letting me down in one way or another. I fell away from God but I realized several years later that God never fell away from me. In my very lowest point, when I wasn't even looking for him, God made himself known to me in ways that I never had when I was adhering to his his worship in the traditions of men. I came to a point in the Bible where paul was praying for God to remove a pain in his side but God didn't, telling him he kept it there for Paul to remember to praise him. To remember to thank God for all the blessing and not to curse God for the trouble. Where your mind is set on all the troubles of life, even though it's difficult, try looking at the good in your troubles. Many people cannot find work or are unable to work. Some that have children don't spend any time with them wishing and praying that they could. Instead of focusing on the time lost with them Thank God for the time you do have with them and make it count. Fighting with a spouse is a very terrible thing, i've been there. But other than abuse or major indiscretions things can be worked out. Think of those who have lost their husband/wife due to death or divorce, their children have grown and living their own lives and the parent is not a part of it, they can't find a good paying job or worse no job at all. And they are alone and very sad. My advice to you is don't go back to a Catholic church, don't go to any church for that matter looking for other people and their worthless traditions and customs to prove God's existence or to bring you closer to him. There are many ways that with some studying and a little common sense will prove God is real. Only you can build a close relationship with God you can't rely on anyone to give you a magic answer. And an important part. Jesus told us how to pray and he didn't mean the words he meant the sentiment. Don't recite a bunch of scripted prayers thinking they are some supernatural words that will make God grant your desires but talk to God the father on a personal level. Tell him your troubles and sincerely want HIS will above all else to be done knowing that it is the best way. I really hope i may have helped and I will pray for you.

Upvote 0

Balugon

o( ' . ' )o
Jul 18, 2005
The Looking Glass
✟32,114.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
I would want to be a stay at home mom and be happy. I don't think that will ever happen though.

So your job is stressful for you and you think that if you could have dinner ready more often and the house a bit cleaner that your husband would show his appreciation more?

Upvote 0

LucyT25

Jun 10, 2016
Louisiana
✟17,335.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
So your job is stressful for you and you think that if you could have dinner ready more often and the house a bit cleaner that your husband would show his appreciation more?
That is true, also I hate my daughter having to go to daycare. I wish I could watch her instead.

Upvote 0

LucyT25

Jun 10, 2016
Louisiana
✟17,335.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Lucy I can't shed any light to your wonder if God is creating the storm or if it's separation from God that's causing it. I also can't say much about the Catholic religion or any other denominations as far as that goes. Something I can talk about is my past experiences and hopefully they will give you an alternate way of thinking. I used to be a very cold,spiteful person. Everyone including my friends and family had a very specific word for me that most people consider an insult but I owned and took pride in. Even when I went to church and thought I was being a "good christian" I was still a jerk with a huge chip on my shoulder. My entire life revolved around loved ones either leaving or dying and people that I thought were faithful friends always ended up letting me down in one way or another. I fell away from God but I realized several years later that God never fell away from me. In my very lowest point, when I wasn't even looking for him, God made himself known to me in ways that I never had when I was adhering to his his worship in the traditions of men. I came to a point in the Bible where paul was praying for God to remove a pain in his side but God didn't, telling him he kept it there for Paul to remember to praise him. To remember to thank God for all the blessing and not to curse God for the trouble. Where your mind is set on all the troubles of life, even though it's difficult, try looking at the good in your troubles. Many people cannot find work or are unable to work. Some that have children don't spend any time with them wishing and praying that they could. Instead of focusing on the time lost with them Thank God for the time you do have with them and make it count. Fighting with a spouse is a very terrible thing, i've been there. But other than abuse or major indiscretions things can be worked out. Think of those who have lost their husband/wife due to death or divorce, their children have grown and living their own lives and the parent is not a part of it, they can't find a good paying job or worse no job at all. And they are alone and very sad. My advice to you is don't go back to a Catholic church, don't go to any church for that matter looking for other people and their worthless traditions and customs to prove God's existence or to bring you closer to him. There are many ways that with some studying and a little common sense will prove God is real. Only you can build a close relationship with God you can't rely on anyone to give you a magic answer. And an important part. Jesus told us how to pray and he didn't mean the words he meant the sentiment. Don't recite a bunch of scripted prayers thinking they are some supernatural words that will make God grant your desires but talk to God the father on a personal level. Tell him your troubles and sincerely want HIS will above all else to be done knowing that it is the best way. I really hope i may have helped and I will pray for you.

You are right. I guess I should count my blessings, it could always be worse. I just feel so hopeless sometimes. I ask myself, whats the point? What is this all for? Why are we here? Life is hard.

Upvote 0

Galilee63

Dec 14, 2013
Australia
✟43,924.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Hi Lucy,

Why are we here?

To serve Jesus, God, The Holy Spirit and our Heavenly Mother Mary.

What is the point?

Now and at the end for our souls to be saved eternally and to Glorify and Thank our Lord Jesus, God our Heavenly Father and The Holy Spirit enjoying being with our Blessed Holy Trinity, Mother Mary and all of Heaven - The 12 Tribes of Israel sitting on God our Heavenly Fathers Blessed Holy Throne, the Archangels, The Angels, The Holy Saints and Holy Martyrs, the Holy Souls in Heaven and all of Heaven eternally.

Continue storing up your Treasures for Heaven Lucy and/or the New Heaven and guide your Child to do the same as she is growing up, because Jesus may well appear here on His Earth prior to us passing over anyway. There are great works through and by our Lord Jesus/God/The Holy Spirit and Mother Mary you are able to do whether working or being at home as a full time Mother.

"Ask and ye shall receive" Jesus says to us all.

I asked Jesus in complete trust and Jesus Blessed me with everything i have asked Him in His Holy Will i pray and ask, not my earthly will. The odd things i dont like and dont enjoy, things i miss out on, i offer up as sacrifices to Jesus, God, The Holy Spirit and to my Blessed Virgin Mother for The Holy Souls in Purgatory for their Salvation, for all Souls on their way to eternal damnation for their salvation, for the sick and dying souls/people for their conversions and salvation and for Jesus more continuing Loving Holy Healing, for about 13 other Holy Causes of which Mother Mary has guided me to pray daily.

If you wish to stay at home and have the Bills taken care of without working full time - then start praying The Holy Rosary focussing on Jesus' Bitter Passion, Jesus Himself, Jesus' Sorrows, Agonies and Torments dying for us. In short, focus on Jesus Christ our Merciful Saviour in Love, Reverance, Trust and Gratitude to Him and to Mother Mary our real "Mother" of Whom suffered for us all most greatly and still suffers for us tapping and knocking on hearts bringing us back to Her Son Jesus.

Pray to Jesus and Mother Mary with The Holy Spirit calling upon God's Holy Angels and Saints for the "Melting of your heart" Lucy.

When i was very ill back in 2011 i commenced praying for the first time in my 50 odd years The Holy Rosary after our Blessed Virgin Mother Mary showed it to me. I gave it a whirl and the Holy Blessings Gifts and Graces my family, friends and others and self have received from Jesus, God, The Holy Spirit and Mother Mary - through Mother Mary - are too numerous to list after being guided to ask Jesus for Him to work through me as the lowest of His Servants.

Mother Mary led me back to Her Son Jesus.
Mother Mary removed a fair few revolting things in my life.
Mother Mary removed television, movies, books, newspapers, media, mobiles, most types of enjoyment, holiday little breaks, to offer up instead,
Mother Mary removed instantaneously all negative things in my life,
Mother Mary removed negative environments for the most part in my life and encourages me to keep my daily life simple, basic, non materialistic, non selfish, non gratifying, non centered on me, and centred on others in need.
Jesus, God, The Holy Spirit through my Heavenly Mother, Blessed all finances after rearranging my life,
Mother Mary has guided me since 2011 in every aspect of my life through Her Most Holy Rosary.
Mother Mary then 12 months later led me to pray to Jesus, God and The Holy Spirit Jesus Divine Mercy Chaplet and Novena. At this time I asked Jesus and Mother Mary with The Holy Spirit for our Lord's Callings and what i could do for Jesus.
Mother Mary led me back to Confession (and i had only gone once as a Child to be honest) repenting sins daily and weekly as opposed to monthly as Catholics are taught here. The Holy Spirit illuminates my heart with 'every' sin - a hollow empty horrible feeling enters my heart after each sin committed and i go to a quiet place and repent to Jesus then through His Priests if more serious in Jesus God's Holy Will and Eyes. And i am let know straight away by The Holy Spirit and Mother Mary. The reason being is that i cannot 'receive' Jesus in Communion with my heart if i am committing serious voluntary sins without being sorry for them and without repenting them.
The heart and soul needs to be cleaned and cleared as a house with clutter requires clearing and cleaning.
Mother Mary led me back to "Holy" Mass.
Mother Mary led me back to Jesus to "Receive" Jesus into my heart for the very first real time.
Mother Mary spoke to my heart and speaks to my heart.
Jesus speaks to my heart.
If i put leisure time activities before Jesus and exclude Jesus then obviously i am not receiving Jesus into my heart nor am i in Holy Communion with Jesus. If we continue to place Jesus second in our lives, then of course it is hurtful to Jesus and ignoring Jesus, of course He will be ignoring us. Jesus died for us and suffered the worst sufferings for us in His Bitter Passion, His Last Supper the evening prior and suffered His torments, agonies and sorrows for all of us. Additionally Jesus gave up His whole Life for God The Most High, was obedient to God our Heavenly Father, taught and spread Gods Holy Word and Holy Messages, appointed God's Disciples and Jesus' Followers, His Priests and others, for many many Holy Reasons some incomprehensible and unknown to us all.

The sacrifices in time whether drained and tired are worth praying The Most Holy Rosary daily with many Holy Miracles Blessed greatly from Jesus and Mother Mary with The Holy Spirit.

Because it is through praying The Holy Rosary and praying to Jesus, God, The Holy Spirit His Divine Mercy Chaplet and Novena and Jesus Holy Wound Chaplet we are able to really 'receive' Jesus into our hearts if we focus on Him and His Bitter Passion from our hearts as they are changed by Jesus and The Holy Spirit as we pray along to Him and ask for Mother Mary's Loving Holy Intercession because when and if you do in Love, respect and trust in Jesus and Mother Mary........dont be surprised if your whole life changes for the good and for the better and it happened to me as rapid as a whirlwind Lucy and every day is exciting, fast paced, yet relaxing and stress free despite the odd stresses of having finished raising Children.

Upvote 0