Galilee63

Dec 14, 2013
Australia
✟43,924.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
We all are capable of the negatives tempted by satan of which include malice of the heart, nastiness, unkindnesses, being hardened in our hearts including myself at times and not being compassionate of others however when praying if you do The Most Holy Rosary and Jesus Divine Mercy Chaplet and Novena, ask Jesus, The Holy Spirit and Mother Mary to melt your heart after making The Sign of The Cross and ask the Holy Saints and Holy Angels in Heaven to pray for you and for the melting of your heart Lucy - i have been taught this by Jesus and Mother Mary and i ask Jesus for His Love, Compassion, Mercy, Humility and Kindness with The Holy Spirit and for Mother Mary's Love and Humility flowing through me daily during all prayers for our Lords and Mother Mary's together Holy Intentions and Holy Causes.

Upvote 0

LucyT25

Jun 10, 2016
Louisiana
✟17,335.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
All of the Glory is Yours Dear God my Heavenly Father now and forever. Amen. Amen. Amen.
Galilee63, I would love nothing more than to have my heart and life changed. I will pray those prayers and see what happens, I have nothing to lose. I have the rosary and have prayed it before but I will have to get the other prayers. I have been to confession a few months ago. I felt better after but I still feel guilt for the sins I have committed. I am not a good person at all, and I have done horrible things. How could God love me?

Upvote 0

LucyT25

Jun 10, 2016
Louisiana
✟17,335.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Have you ever looked into the role of John the Baptist? He was the one telling people to repent for the kingdom of heaven is at hand...before Jesus Christ was baptized. Look at how many religions speak of John the Baptist preaching -but then deny Jesus Christ as the One who is God in the flesh - as the Saviour. They may deny Him but He will not lie -not deny Himself.

2 Timothy 2:13 If we believe not, [yet] he abideth faithful: he cannot deny himself.

I think I am confused as to what this means.

Upvote 0
Jan 6, 2017
Florida, US
✟9,734.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
I am a former Catholic. I'm not really sure what I believe in now. I yearn to believe in God, but I have my doubts. I find myself feeling alone and hopeless most of the time. I am a working mom.I hate it. I have a 45 minute commute to work. I wanted to be a stay at home mom but that didn't pan out. My husband and I fight all the time. I am resentful and cold. The world is horrible. I have anxiety. I am fearful that something bad could happen to my daughter one day. I feel lonely, sad, and tired. I wish there was a God out there to save me, to change my heart, but I can't find him. Sometimes I pray, but my life seems to continue to be such a horrible mess.
Whatever you do, don't go back to the Catholic church. In fact, if you do decided to believe in God still, you don't need to belong to a specific denomination.
There are SO many things I want to say, and I really want to say something that will actually help you. I will speak from my own experience, and I hope this helps.

I used to feel hopeless, annoyed, angry, etc. ALL the time. I tried talking to people about it, getting help, taking advice from various people, and none of it worked. If it did, it lasted up to 3 days and then everything went back to being miserable. This went on for years. I constantly argued with people and was so confused that I cried a lot because of all of my frustration. I also felt really sluggish, was filled with pride (I was completely unable to humble myself, but then at the same time felt really insecure), and was always searching for pleasure (by being lazy, watching TV, eating too much food, etc.), which made me prone to becoming addicted to things.
I tried to believe in God, but it felt like I was talking to myself when I prayed and I don't know, even though I was convinced that there is a God I couldn't actually BELIEVE it, if that makes any sense. I prayed and prayed for God to save me, change me, just to do something, but nothing happened.
Now, I used to be really obsessed with personality types, and spiritual gifts also interested me because of this. So one day I was reading about spiritual gifts online, and I came to the conclusion that I had no real spiritual gifts. I was good at many things, but I could tell it was all just naturally learned or talents I was born with. So this told me that I wasn't saved.
Somehow right after that, I found an article about how God won't forgive us if we don't forgive others. Basically, the article talked about how the things that happen to us and what people do to us now won't last forever, and God'll take care of everything in the end, we just have to forgive them. That day, I asked God to help me forgive everyone that I wasn't forgiving (I couldn't do it myself, I tried), and take away all of the negative feelings I had toward certain people so that He'd forgive me. Seconds later, this peace I'd never felt in my entire life came over me. I was no longer angry or annoyed, and I felt a little beautiful sense of joy that I don't think anything on this earth could make me feel. That hopeless feeling went away, suddenly the things I did didn't seem meaningless anymore.
After that, I put great importance in God's words that I never did before. Suddenly His words were more important than food. I gave up things that I was very addicted to overnight and never went back (like TV, video games, food that was bad for my body, things like that). I had this awareness that God is there and I guess the best way to describe it is that it is like a "connection" with God. He caused me to understand the Bible well and not be confused anymore, I was no longer concerned with the things in this world but instead in what God wanted, I wanted to please Him instead of myself which was shown through my actions, and just so many things happened overnight.

In a nutshell, the way I thought changed and then so did my actions. After that though, I read, studied, memorized, thought about, and did the things in the Bible as much as possible, otherwise it's easy to forget and/or be deceived by someone/something.
But even though all of this happened, being a Christian is hard. It's impossible to do it without God. People persecute you, you have to give up yourself and your desires, and things like that. But I'm filled with hope, because even though I suffer now it's only for a short time and I have something amazing to look forward to that will last forever. Plus, pleasure and "happiness" in this world only comes with anxiety and feeling miserable, at least for me it was that way.

If you have any questions for me, feel free to ask. Also, I really, really hope this helps you and I will be praying for the best for you.

- Eve

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,485.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I am a former Catholic. I'm not really sure what I believe in now. I yearn to believe in God, but I have my doubts. I find myself feeling alone and hopeless most of the time.
Almost all human beings feel lonely and hopeless without God. They may say they do not, but the fact is we were created by God to commune with God. God never created us to be away from Him, that happened because of sin.

You do not need to feel lonely. Do you know God has His arms stretched out in heaven waiting for you to want to love Him? God is waiting for you to come to Him.

Belief in God is not as complicated as some make it sound, because God Himself with give us faith if we need more faith. Some of us start out with a small amount of faith and then that faith grows and becomes more over time. We do not just *pow* have all that faith.

Upvote 0

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,485.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I have a 45 minute commute to work. I wanted to be a stay at home mom but that didn't pan out. My husband and I fight all the time. I am resentful and cold. The world is horrible.
I wanted to be a stay at home mom also, so i think I know how you feel. Just remember that it is the quality of our time that is so important. God helps us to put things in perspective and make better use of our time and better choices.

God still can help you.

Upvote 0

LucyT25

Jun 10, 2016
Louisiana
✟17,335.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Whatever you do, don't go back to the Catholic church. In fact, if you do decided to believe in God still, you don't need to belong to a specific denomination.
There are SO many things I want to say, and I really want to say something that will actually help you. I will speak from my own experience, and I hope this helps.

I used to feel hopeless, annoyed, angry, etc. ALL the time. I tried talking to people about it, getting help, taking advice from various people, and none of it worked. If it did, it lasted up to 3 days and then everything went back to being miserable. This went on for years. I constantly argued with people and was so confused that I cried a lot because of all of my frustration. I also felt really sluggish, was filled with pride (I was completely unable to humble myself, but then at the same time felt really insecure), and was always searching for pleasure (by being lazy, watching TV, eating too much food, etc.), which made me prone to becoming addicted to things.
I tried to believe in God, but it felt like I was talking to myself when I prayed and I don't know, even though I was convinced that there is a God I couldn't actually BELIEVE it, if that makes any sense. I prayed and prayed for God to save me, change me, just to do something, but nothing happened.
Now, I used to be really obsessed with personality types, and spiritual gifts also interested me because of this. So one day I was reading about spiritual gifts online, and I came to the conclusion that I had no real spiritual gifts. I was good at many things, but I could tell it was all just naturally learned or talents I was born with. So this told me that I wasn't saved.
Somehow right after that, I found an article about how God won't forgive us if we don't forgive others. Basically, the article talked about how the things that happen to us and what people do to us now won't last forever, and God'll take care of everything in the end, we just have to forgive them. That day, I asked God to help me forgive everyone that I wasn't forgiving (I couldn't do it myself, I tried), and take away all of the negative feelings I had toward certain people so that He'd forgive me. Seconds later, this peace I'd never felt in my entire life came over me. I was no longer angry or annoyed, and I felt a little beautiful sense of joy that I don't think anything on this earth could make me feel. That hopeless feeling went away, suddenly the things I did didn't seem meaningless anymore.
After that, I put great importance in God's words that I never did before. Suddenly His words were more important than food. I gave up things that I was very addicted to overnight and never went back (like TV, video games, food that was bad for my body, things like that). I had this awareness that God is there and I guess the best way to describe it is that it is like a "connection" with God. He caused me to understand the Bible well and not be confused anymore, I was no longer concerned with the things in this world but instead in what God wanted, I wanted to please Him instead of myself which was shown through my actions, and just so many things happened overnight.

In a nutshell, the way I thought changed and then so did my actions. After that though, I read, studied, memorized, thought about, and did the things in the Bible as much as possible, otherwise it's easy to forget and/or be deceived by someone/something.
But even though all of this happened, being a Christian is hard. It's impossible to do it without God. People persecute you, you have to give up yourself and your desires, and things like that. But I'm filled with hope, because even though I suffer now it's only for a short time and I have something amazing to look forward to that will last forever. Plus, pleasure and "happiness" in this world only comes with anxiety and feeling miserable, at least for me it was that way.

If you have any questions for me, feel free to ask. Also, I really, really hope this helps you and I will be praying for the best for you.

- Eve

Eve, that is so awesome that this experience happened to you. I too ask God to save me. I pray that he will give me a sign or show me how to believe, but I get no reply. I try to talk to him, but I feel like I am just talking to myself.

Upvote 0

LucyT25

Jun 10, 2016
Louisiana
✟17,335.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
I wanted to be a stay at home mom also, so i think I know how you feel. Just remember that it is the quality of our time that is so important. God helps us to put things in perspective and make better use of our time and better choices.

God still can help you.

Thanks ToBeLoved. Everyone says its the quality but I hate that a daycare takes care of my child. It should be me. I have anxiety about other people watching her and worry that something bad will happen to her.

Upvote 0
Jan 6, 2017
Florida, US
✟9,734.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Eve, that is so awesome that this experience happened to you. I too ask God to save me. I pray that he will give me a sign or show me how to believe, but I get no reply. I try to talk to him, but I feel like I am just talking to myself.
I hope it happens to you too. Be careful about asking for signs though, I made that mistake many times before I was saved because I thought it would help me to believe. It says in the Bible not to test God (Luke 4:12). I figured out that this means not to ask for signs or do something dangerous on purpose to see if God will save you or something like that. Also, it says: "And he (Jesus) sighed deeply in his spirit and said, “Why does this generation seek a sign? Truly, I say to you, no sign will be given to this generation.” Faith is trusting God even though you don't see Him, or "the evidence of things not seen" - Hebrews 11:1.
So this is why if you ask for a sign God doesn't give one to you. People saw Jesus performing miracles and still doubted, so if you saw a sign from God it most likely wouldn't help anyway.
I'll still be praying for you, that God will give you faith and help you.

Reactions: ToBeLoved
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

writewords

Meant for ministry. Gloria in excelsis Deo.
Feb 24, 2017
Missouri
✟34,856.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Republican
I am a former Catholic. I'm not really sure what I believe in now. I yearn to believe in God, but I have my doubts. I find myself feeling alone and hopeless most of the time. I am a working mom.I hate it. I have a 45 minute commute to work. I wanted to be a stay at home mom but that didn't pan out. My husband and I fight all the time. I am resentful and cold. The world is horrible. I have anxiety. I am fearful that something bad could happen to my daughter one day. I feel lonely, sad, and tired. I wish there was a God out there to save me, to change my heart, but I can't find him. Sometimes I pray, but my life seems to continue to be such a horrible mess.
Pray and ask Him to reveal Himself to you. Jesus says, "seek and you shall find."

Can I pray for you?

Upvote 0

Galilee63

Dec 14, 2013
Australia
✟43,924.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
1. Trust in Jesus completely and trust in The Holy Spirit and our Blessed Virgin Mother Mary praying The Most Holy Rosary daily. Jesus delivered The Holy Rosary to Saint Dominic in 1214 with Holy Messages attached and 15 Holy Promises from Jesus, God, The Holy Spirit and our Heavenly Mother Mary protecting more greatly people whom pray Mother Mary's Most Holy Rosary.

Every Holy Rosary has been heard and answered daily by Jesus, God, The Holy Spirit and Mother Mary for every Holy Cause and Cause I have prayed and asked of our Lord Jesus and Mother Mary for 7 years. Every one of them. I relax and do not worry about my Children now grown up after praying The Most Holy Rosary and I pray Jesus' Divine Mercy Chaplet daily between 2.30pm and 3.00pm for many Holy causes of which have all been heard and responded to Jesus, God and The Holy Spirit. Every one of them with so many many changes made in my own life immediately and those of whom have been prayed for with all of the Glory our Lord Jesus, God and The Holy Spirit with my love and gratitude and thank you to my Heavenly Mother Mary now and for eternity.

If people prayed The Holy Rosary or Jesus' Holy Wound Chaplet or Jesus' Divine Mercy Chaplet/Novena daily or regularly throughout each week, they will be guided by our Lord Jesus more greatly with The Holy Spirit to pray for our Lord's Holy causes in addition to our own, assisting God with the salvation of souls/people and Blessing more greatly the afflicted and people living in poverty, those of whom are suffering in the worst situations and environments trapped because of poverty - Children most greatly - totally vulnerable and in great need of prayers from our hearts.

The Holy Wound Chaplet prayed daily with one Holy Decade of The Most Holy Rosary would be a great start for you and then The Holy Spirit and Mother Mary (when asked of The Holy Spirit and Mother Mary to guide and illuminate your heart and soul to Jesus opening up your heart more), will guide you in everything, every aspect of your life for the better and for your Husband, Child and self. Pray for our Lord's Love, Peace, Unity, happiness and Compassion flowing through your family and try and take the whole family to Holy Communion on a Saturday or Sunday knowing and trusting that Jesus and The Holy Spirit are Present in His Holy Tabernacle, at His Altar and within His Blessed Holy Sacrament and within His Holy Eucharist continuously.

Another thing is that we all require Jesus on The Cross in our homes, Jesus and Mother Mary's Holy Images for Jesus, The Holy Spirit and Mother Mary to manifest and be more Present in our homes and workplaces. This could be Jesus' Sacred Heart Holy Image, Mother Mary's Holy Immaculate Heart Image and these things are indeed what Jesus has said to His Saints/Nuns each Century.

Jesus on His Cross, The Holy Miraculous Medal, Holy Scapula worn has been requested by Jesus/God, The Holy Spirit and Mother Mary after Jesus, The Holy Spirit and Mother Mary delivered these Holy Blessed Designs to Saint Simon Stock, Catherine of Sienna and Saint Faustina among other Holy Saints for every one to wear to be more greatly protected, Blessed now and eternally with certain Holy conditions attached in doing so.

Love to you in our Lord Jesus, The Holy Spirit and Mother Mary.

Upvote 0

Galilee63

Dec 14, 2013
Australia
✟43,924.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Being a Wife and Mother is the greatest and most wondrous and the most difficult role/position in the whole world and one in which if you hand over your heart and soul daily to Jesus, The Holy Spirit and Mother Mary in trust to Jesus, immersing your hearts and souls in Jesus' Sacred Holy Wounds asking for Jesus to cover you all with His Holy Precious Blood, you will immediately notice our Lord Jesus and Mother Mary changing your hearts and lives/situations for the better.

Upvote 0

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,485.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Galilee63, I would love nothing more than to have my heart and life changed. I will pray those prayers and see what happens, I have nothing to lose. I have the rosary and have prayed it before but I will have to get the other prayers. I have been to confession a few months ago. I felt better after but I still feel guilt for the sins I have committed. I am not a good person at all, and I have done horrible things. How could God love me?
That is what's so beautiful about God. Jesus wipes our slate clean. Jesus see's in us the new creation that He is creating within us. The person that Christ is making in us, not the person that we have been in the past. His forgiveness is everlasting. The Bible tells us that after we have been forgiven, Christ casts our forgiven sin "as far as the east is from the west".

You have a spectacular God who is capable of all the love and forgiveness that is divine.

God bless you

Upvote 0

LucyT25

Jun 10, 2016
Louisiana
✟17,335.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Pray and ask Him to reveal Himself to you. Jesus says, "seek and you shall find."

Can I pray for you?

I would love it if you prayed for me. I can use any help I can get. I do pray every morning. I thank God for what I do have and I ask God to show me the way. I’m still not sure of what I believe in, or if there is anyone out there hearing my prayers but I keep hoping that God reveals himself to me in some way.

Upvote 0