Say Hi, Gracie (Newbies say hello thread)

JackofSpades

Väinämöinen
May 10, 2014
✟1,792.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Hello, I am a newbie.

I was googling around and happened to end up reading some discussions in this forum, and cause I felt I wasn't hugely offended by most things being said, I decided to join this place.

Secondly I'd like to mention that I am from Finland and as non-natural english speaker my english is probably gona have truckload of grammatic errors, mea culpa!

As definition of my religion, I chose "seeker" because "theological mess" wasnt in options list ;) I'm unable to identify myself in any particular congregation (or probably even any particular religion). I guess Christianity is closest one and I have somewhat intense christian background with charismatic- and revival christianity.

"Mystic", "Liberal mystic" or "Liberal charismatic" could probably be somewhat accurate labels of my current religious position. I'm not too picky on what religion/source offers me my definitions about God or spiritual life, as long as theyre good I can buy them.

I'm very interested on reading ideas or experiences of other people who consider themselves being somewhat fallen out of mainstream christianity but cannot give away the whole idea of faith or spiritual life. I usually find anyones honest story of religious searching greatly interesting even if it ended up in very different views or experiences than mine.

Upvote 0

SFTS

Property of Jesus - Bob Dylan
May 29, 2014
Hampton Roads, VA
✟7,776.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Politics
US-Libertarian
Hi everyone. I just joined and am very excited to be here! I love the Lord and the spiritual connection to believers (and others, too!) SFTS stands for "Shelter from the Storm", a Bob Dylan song about Grace, years before even his open Gospel years. That song completly describes the story of my testimony. Hope to make many friends!

Upvote 0

SarahsKnight

Jesus Christ is this Knight's truth.
Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2014
Magnolia, AR
✟994,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Greetings. It would appear that I'm the first to make myself known by this thread in quite a while. I've been viewing these forums for a while in sort of a search to find others with fairly open beliefs like myself and at last decided to join. The name's Sarah's Knight (Will in real life). I look forward to getting to know you all in the days to come.:wave:

Upvote 0
B

Bingo Q Flamingo

Greetings! This forum is actually part of why I finally decided to join the website. It's tough finding an outlet as a theologically liberal/progressive Christian, especially since I happen to live in one of the most conservative places in America.

I'm four years new to Christianity, a sudden spiritual turnaround from having been raised without religion. I side with others in this thread in knowing that God's love and acceptance is unconditional which has always put me at odds with those on the more conservative and fundamentalist spectrum. I'm a huge supporter of LGBTQ rights and their role in Christianity is a major interest and passion of mine. I hope to befriend many like-minded people here on this sub-forum. :)

Upvote 0

TheGirlOnFire

By order of the Peaky blinders
Site Supporter
Dec 16, 2014
Hogwarts
✟124,782.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Labour
Just thought i would say hello :wave:

Really excited to be joining this faith group, as i am very much a liberal (Actually didn't know that was the word for it until a few weeks ago :thumbsup:)

Hoping to learn and befriend people, learning and growing in all things in God :) Finally nailed down my faith, after battling with it, mainly people the christian i came into connect were fundmentalist/traditional (?) and my views on not judging anyone, being a support of choice, everyone having basic human rights etc and of course i do think the bible has error.... that was a weird one some people couldn't get their head around, i believed fully in god and jesus but not in the bible.....

anyway i have talked away here.

God bless

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

thispoorman

Do justly, love mercy, walk humbly with thy God
Feb 13, 2012
North Carolina
✟13,909.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Green
I see nobody's posted here for a while; I suppose that makes me the very newest newbie. I'm not new to CF - in fact, I was away for a while and I'm now back - but I'm new to the liberal community. I'll spare you the convoluted steps of my journey, and just give you the results:

1. I had a serious "I" problem. It was all about me - my belief or unbelief, my sins, my shame, my salvation, my standing before God, my theological understanding, etc.,etc. I was imprisoned in my own mind. I have learned to turn away from all that, and to look instead at Christ.

2. Therefore, it is less important to me whether Jesus is in my, or anybody's, life. What is important is: am I, or they, in Jesus' life?

3. And therefore, it's not thinking about Jesus, or - so to speak - even believing "on" Jesus that's important. What is important is being in Jesus. I now believe that we are literally to be Christ in the world to each other, and that means radical, unconditional love and care and help and support and understanding and deliverance from feelings of fear, doubt, and separation from God and from each other.

Dangit - still too logical and wordy. So it goes. Anyway, hi.

Upvote 0

hedrick

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Feb 8, 2009
New Jersey
✟1,148,908.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
Hello, my name is Red Fox, and I'm new to this forum.

However, I'm not really sure if I can be a part of this forum since I'm not a Christian.
Most of us are happy for non-Christians to participate. CF rules say that non-members can post in friendship or to ask questions. This particular forum is more accepting than most.

Reactions: Red Fox
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Hetta

I'll find my way home
Jun 21, 2012
the here and now
✟64,923.00
Country
France
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Am I a newbie? I've posted on this among other forums for several years, but I never could seem to find the forum at different times. Now I can "watch" forums, I can find it much more easily. :)

Upvote 0