Say Hi, Gracie (Newbies say hello thread)

XianGoth1334

Mar 21, 2023
Boston, MA
✟15,236.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Hello & merry meet. It seems like there are not many posting in this sub-forum anymore. Maybe that will change? Anyways, I am going to stick around for awhile, read through the threads & see if it becomes more active.
I currently attend an ONA / God is still speaking UCC. I grew up traditional Lutheran and ended up rebelling / going way far off the deep end the other direction.
Ah, to be young and to sin boldly. I have actually grown more conservative as I have entered midlife. That has brought me back to church and back to faith and yet I am still so much a misfit I really don't belong anywhere else. My own views probably do fit within the definition of liberal, especially in an environment which is intrinsically conservative (which applies to mainstream Christianity).
More than pinpointing down a specific religious (or political) identity, I am fully convinced that God meets us where we are at in life, and even in other religions or in no religion. It is a journey we are all on. God loves all of us and knows that most of us are doing our best.
Well, life is weird and wild... hopefully the activity here picks up and some good conversations can be had.

Reactions: SarahsKnight
Upvote 0