✟20,209.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Would I want to do it? No.

Should it be the government's business to interfere in a consensual relationship between two adults, even if they're related? No.

That is what freedom is about. It means you're free to do things that make other people go "ick" as long as you are not directly harming other people or violating their rights in the process.
But "they" really want to make it a crime to go "ick", so be careful, the agenda is not about freedom it's about the ick. Before someone ask's, who is they................it's the far left.

Upvote 0

eldermike

Pray
Site Supporter
Mar 24, 2002
NC
Visit site
✟20,209.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
no one is trying to pass "ick" prohibition. false argument. freedom means not being able to make "ick" the source of our lawmaking. that's all. you can not like something and yet not make it illegal. you really can.
I don't agree. The idea of hate crimes has been extended to include offending people with words. I would never support comments meant to offend people but making them a crime is, well, just another crime.

Upvote 0

Quijote

a.k.a Mr. Q
May 5, 2005
Wisconsin
✟40,638.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I'm kind of surprised that Starbucks even has a store in Saudi Arabia, given those kinds of restrictions placed on their customers and even their employees. If people aren't allowed to mingle and talk and laugh, it would seem to defeat the purpose of a Starbucks.

From Starbucks' point of view: the purpose of Starbucks is to make money.

Upvote 0

HannahBanana

Dec 11, 2006
Concord, MA
✟12,558.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Exactly why religion and government/law need to remain absolutely separate.
:amen: Though, sadly, I doubt religion and government will ever be completely separate, especially in places like Saudi Arabia, where there are so many religious fundamentalists and extremists.

Upvote 0

reverend B

Senior Veteran
Feb 23, 2004
North Carolina
✟16,408.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Politics
US-Others
I don't agree. The idea of hate crimes has been extended to include offending people with words. I would never support comments meant to offend people but making them a crime is, well, just another crime.
hate crimes is an influence on sentencing and is not a crime in and of itself. no gain. 3rd and ten.

Upvote 0

Ave Maria

Ave Maria Gratia Plena
May 31, 2004
Diocese of Evansville, IN
✟108,671.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Wow. This is just absolutely ridiculous. And to think that the United States is allied with this medieval government. Not to mention that most of the 9/11 hijackers came from Saudi Arabia. Why on earth do we remain allied with this backwards nation? :scratch: :confused:

Upvote 0

HannahBanana

Dec 11, 2006
Concord, MA
✟12,558.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Wow. This is just absolutely ridiculous. And to think that the United States is allied with this medieval government. Not to mention that most of the 9/11 hijackers came from Saudi Arabia. Why on earth do we remain allied with this backwards nation? :scratch: :confused:
...because we're backwards ourselves? After all, we might not yet be as fascist as Saudi Arabia is, but, judging by the amount of people who want this country to be run according to Christian principles, we're getting there fast.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

CGL

Crazy Eight
Jul 4, 2007
Halifax, NS
✟9,312.00
Faith
Agnostic
Politics
US-Libertarian
...because we're backwards ourselves? After all, we might not yet be as fascist as Saudi Arabia is, but, judging by the amount of people who want this country to be run according to Christian principles, we're getting there fast.
You really think so?

And, would it be such a bad thing? I'm not a Christian,
but I think the ideal government is a Christian Democracy.

Upvote 0

HannahBanana

Dec 11, 2006
Concord, MA
✟12,558.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
You really think so?

And, would it be such a bad thing? I'm not a Christian,
but I think the ideal government is a Christian Democracy.
Yes, I do really think so.

And what makes you think that a government run according to the laws of a holy book would be a good idea? Have you not seen the effects of Sharia law on the Middle East?

Upvote 0

CGL

Crazy Eight
Jul 4, 2007
Halifax, NS
✟9,312.00
Faith
Agnostic
Politics
US-Libertarian
Yes, I do really think so.

And what makes you think that a government run according to the laws of a holy book would be a good idea? Have you not seen the effects of Sharia law on the Middle East?
Whoa, you mean you think that America is slouching
towards using a Christian rendition of levitical law?

What newspaper do you read?

Upvote 0

HannahBanana

Dec 11, 2006
Concord, MA
✟12,558.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Whoa, you mean you think that America is slouching
towards using a Christian rendition of levitical law?

What newspaper do you read?
Well, we're not there yet, but we do already have politicans (Huckabee, for example) who want this country to be run according to the laws of the New Testament. Who knows how long it will be before people like him want this country to be run according to the laws of the entire Bible?

Upvote 0

eldermike

Pray
Site Supporter
Mar 24, 2002
NC
Visit site
✟20,209.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Well, we're not there yet, but we do already have politicans (Huckabee, for example) who want this country to be run according to the laws of the New Testament. Who knows how long it will be before people like him want this country to be run according to the laws of the entire Bible?
You do know the president is not "running" the country, right? The president upholds the constitution and holds the highest constitutional administrative office. But he is not the boss of the country, the laws are. Also, presidents do not make laws....and they can't break laws. If you know these things others can't toss you off every wave or turn you on every wind. Because that's what they are doing to you.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

HannahBanana

Dec 11, 2006
Concord, MA
✟12,558.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
You do know the president is not "running" the country, right? The president upholds the constitution and holds the highest constitutional administrative office. But he is not the boss of the country, the laws are. Also, presidents do not make laws....and they can't break laws. If you know these things others can't toss you off every wave or turn you on every wind. Because that's what they are doing to you.
Did Huckabee not say that he wanted to amend the Constitution so that it upheld Biblical values? So what makes you think that he wouldn't actually be able to do that?

Upvote 0

ElizabethVu

Dec 28, 2007
✟475.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Unfortunately, you're perpetuating the image of grass as the "harmless little drug everybody picks on" when in fact it causes birth defects
Says who?
, some of which are caused by alteration of the sperm cells in men;
I understand it lowers sperm count. I've never heard of it mutating sperm cells and caused birth defects.
seven times more carcinogenic than tobacco;
Thee are nearly a half dozen ways to consume cannabis without consuming any tar.
used by teens on Ritalin or an anti-depressant may lead to suicidal thoughts and acts;
Proof? And perhaps that's an arguement against man-made pharmaceuticals?
and is just as dangerous when combined with driving as any other drug, including alcohol.
Absolute nonsence.
Prostitutes are the primary reason white men have become the second-fastest growing source of new HIV/AIDS infections in the US.
No, outlawed protitution would be the cause of that. Legal hookers get tested regularly for diseases.
Wrong. We're allied with them because of oil, and the backwards people of this country want to stop us from drilling in Alaska, building nuclear power plants, building more refineries, giving subsidies to people who use green technology, and continuing the ethanol debacle.

Upvote 0