Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
One more thing to add, I want to keep it a separate post: The devil is a roaring lion seeking to devour.

We read this in Scripture, but understand what an ancient person familiar with lions would have known about them: Lions organize themselves in groups, we call them a pride of lions. A pride has a male who leads the pride, with a harem of female lionesses who do the hunting.

When you see a single male lion roaming about, that isn't the king of the pride, that's the weakling. He isn't an apex predator, he's a scavenger.

When the Bible calls him a roaring lion, he isn't Mufasa from the Lion King, he's Scar, the lowly outcast, a scavenger licking bones.

The devil is only a threat when we, little lambs, leave the safety of Christ. But put your faith in the Shepherd.

-CryptoLutheran

Reactions: Strong in Him
Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,600.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Bingo. "Satanism" is basically what happens when grown ups haven't grown out of their edgy teenager phase.

There's no evidence of actual Satan-worshiping cabals out there. Just people being edgy because it gets attention.

-CryptoLutheran
I'm 72. I've been saved 50 years. I've had to deal with people involved in withcraft and Satan worship. The reasons they get into it may be curiousity, because their friends are, drugs, satanic music or all those things. Kids read Harry Potter and watch movies full of occult references. The flesh is drawn to the occult because it is the nature of Satan. Dismissing it is not going to change the reality.

Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,600.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Why would I reject what St. Paul and St. Peter wrote?

But the way that we war against the devil isn't by concocting conspiracy theories, but by abiding in our faith in Christ.

The Scriptures teach, "Resist the devil and he will flee" and "Do not rejoice for the devils are subject to you, but rejoice that your names are written in heaven"

In Ephesians 6 the Apostle tells us to be equipped with the full armor of God: faith, hope, the Gospel, truth, righteousness, and the word of God. He says that faith is our shield which guards us against the flaming arrows of the evil one.

What I don't understand is trying to create elaborate stories, concoct conspiracy theories, and to make up things when what is written for us in the Scriptures is right there for us to give us everything we need to stand firm in Christ and resist the devil.

The Church's One Foundation

1 The Church's one foundation
is Jesus Christ, her Lord;
she is his new creation
by water and the Word.
From heav'n he came and sought her
to be his holy bride;
with his own blood he bought her,
and for her life he died.

2 Elect from ev'ry nation,
yet one o'er all the earth;
her charter of salvation:
one Lord, one faith, one birth.
One holy name she blesses,
partakes one holy food,
and to one hope she presses,
with ev'ry grace endued.

3 The Church shall never perish.
Her dear Lord to defend,
to guide, sustain, and cherish,
is with her to the end.
Tho' there be those that hate her
and strive to see her fail,
against both foe and traitor
she ever shall prevail.

4 Tho' with a scornful wonder
the world sees her oppressed,
by schisms rent asunder,
by heresies distressed,
yet saints their watch are keeping;
their cry goes up, "How long?"
and soon the night of weeping
shall be the morn of song.

5 'Mid toil and tribulation
and tumult of her war
she waits the consummation
of peace forevermore
till with the vision glorious
her longing eyes are blest,
and the great Church victorious
shall be the Church at rest.

-CryptoLutheran
You have not had to live with demons. As a child, I did. You do not know what you are talking about. I do.

Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟731,201.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
You have not had to live with demons. As a child, I did. You do not know what you are talking about. I do.

I put my faith in Christ and in His word.

If you think I have not had to deal with the flaming darts of the evil one, you're mistaken.

What I don't do is put my faith in unbiblical and unChristian belief systems that treat demons as all-powerful bogeymen. I don't believe in magic. I don't believe in spiritualism. I don't believe in the occult. I believe in Jesus Christ.

So if you want me to believe your personal claims over what is written in Scripture, I simply can't do that. Which is more likely: God is wrong in His word, or you may be misinterpreting your own personal experiences?

Which do you think is of the flesh and which is of the Spirit?

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,600.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
I put my faith in Christ and in His word.

If you think I have not had to deal with the flaming darts of the evil one, you're mistaken.

What I don't do is put my faith in unbiblical and unChristian belief systems that treat demons as all-powerful bogeymen. I don't believe in magic. I don't believe in spiritualism. I don't believe in the occult. I believe in Jesus Christ.

So if you want me to believe your personal claims over what is written in Scripture, I simply can't do that. Which is more likely: God is wrong in His word, or you may be misinterpreting your own personal experiences?

Which do you think is of the flesh and which is of the Spirit?

-CryptoLutheran
"Don't believe in". What does that mean? I don't follow the occult spirit anymore. I am not a spiritualist. That does not mean that it does not exist. No, they are not all powerful bogeymen. But ignoring them as if they no longer exist is foolish. Christians can suffer demonic oppression. Singing "Kumbuyah" is not going to set them free. Neither will singing "A mighty fortress is our God", one of the great hymns of all time. But Satan must be resisted and evil spirits commanded.

Acts 19:19
"And a number of those who had practiced magic arts brought their books and burned them in front of everyone. When the value of the books was calculated, the total came to fifty thousand drachmas." In modern currency that is millions of dollars.

Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟731,201.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
"Don't believe in". What does that mean? I don't follow the occult spirit anymore. I am not a spiritualist. That does not mean that it does not exist.

The occult exists as an umbrella term for certain false beliefs and superstitious practices, but it does not exist as a real power. No more than, say, the new age belief in crystals or ancient pagan belief in the existence of fairies corresponds with actual reality.

No, they are not all powerful bogeymen. But ignoring them as if they no longer exist is foolish.

Have I said anything that would suggest I think they no longer exist? But I suppose it would be fair to say that I don't give the devil much attention in my life. I don't believe he is worth spending much time thinking about. I know who I belong to, His name is Jesus Christ the Son of God, and I can always find my refuge in Him.

Christians can suffer demonic oppression. Singing "Kumbuyah" is not going to set them free. Neither will singing "A mighty fortress is our God", one of the great hymns of all time. But Satan must be resisted and evil spirits commanded.

Acts 19:19
"And a number of those who had practiced magic arts brought their books and burned them in front of everyone. When the value of the books was calculated, the total came to fifty thousand drachmas." In modern currency that is millions of dollars.

Do you believe those magic practices and books had real power? I don't. What I read here in Acts is people turning away from superstition and toward faith in Jesus. And that's how the Church, historically, has also understood it.

The modern "spiritual warfare" movement is, from my perspective, inherently pagan. I believe that it itself represents a way that the devil is attacking the Faithful, by deluding them and leading them away from the safe harbor of Christ and toward the dangerous choppy waters of superstition.

That's not my opinion because I'm a "modernist" who doesn't take the existence of the devil seriously. That's my position as someone who believes in the historic teaching of the Christian faith, it is precisely because I take the existence of the devil seriously that I refuse to give him any credit, I refuse to give him any glory or honor. I refuse to believe his lies.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

Phoneman-777

Dec 11, 2022
Deep South
✟31,648.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So I'm going to Hell if I don't take that person on the youtube video seriously. Do you realize how kooky that sounds?
No, we'll go to hell if we reject God's counsel in 1 Thessalonians 5:20-21 KJV, a truth that is anything but kooky.

Sins of omission are just as severe as sins of commission.

Upvote 0

Phoneman-777

Dec 11, 2022
Deep South
✟31,648.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well, in all fairness, we are here to evolve in spirit.
Is "evolve in spirit" the same thing as "grow in grace"?
I remember being a kid when they was teaching us all about evolution and primodial soup and stuff! We didn't believe it then and we don't believe it now. WHen we was walking home from school one of our favorite slurs for our friends was, oh look, there's your mom! (and point to a mud puddle, lol. We said stuff like that!
I love me some Kent Hovind and Walter J. Veith - Veith actually was a staunch evolutionary scientist and professor for many many years until he discovered the truth of God's word, and now travels and lectures on Bible Truth, Bible Health, Eschatology, the NWO agenda in prophecy, and what I think is most important: the Creation/Evolution issue from a unique perspective.

Reactions: Divide
Upvote 0

Phoneman-777

Dec 11, 2022
Deep South
✟31,648.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yeah I don't doubt it. Really don't doubt it. Just look at the whole Epstein debacle and wonder what else these people are hiding.
IKR? They're willing to hang G. Maxwell for trafficking kids, but are uninterested in the names of those to whom they were trafficked...

...and yet people STILL climb on Christian sites and ridicule those who criticize all the "truth" they've swallowed hook line and sinker, as if the authorities in academia, science, media, government, etc., would never lie to us!

Reactions: Divide
Upvote 0

Ceallaigh

May God be with you and bless you.
Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
The Keep
✟581,184.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
No, we'll go to hell if we reject God's counsel in 1 Thessalonians 5:20-21 KJV, a truth that is anything but kooky.
But you're saying by rejecting what Roger Morneau says is rejecting God's counsel, so it amounts to the same thing. Rejecting Roger Morneau equals rejecting God Himself, thus one ends up in hell for not going along with Roger Morneau.
Sins of omission are just as severe as sins of commission.
Oh so now we're going to hell just by not reading or listening to Roger Morneau.

BTW 1 Thessalonians 5:20-21 doesn't say anything about dmantion for the believer. You, or maybe Roger Morneau, tacked that on.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Divide

Apr 19, 2017
Columbus
✟81,201.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Is "evolve in spirit" the same thing as "grow in grace"?

I'm not sure. Probably part of it? I dunno if growing in grace is a part of spiritual evolution, or if evolving in spirit is a part of growing in grace?

Upvote 0

PsaltiChrysostom

Mar 20, 2018
Virginia
✟69,766.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
But you're saying by rejecting what Roger Morneau says is rejecting God's counsel, so it amounts to the same thing. Rejecting Roger Morneau equals rejecting God Himself, thus one ends up in hell for not going along with Roger Morneau.

Oh so now we're going to hell just by not reading or listening to Roger Morneau.

BTW 1 Thessalonians 5:20-21 doesn't say anything about dmantion for the believer. You, or maybe Roger Morneau, tacked that on.
So up until now I've never heard of Morneau so even though I'm a believer in Christ, I'm back to going to hell? :p

Reactions: Ceallaigh
Upvote 0

Ceallaigh

Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
The Keep
✟581,184.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
So up until now I've never heard of Morneau so even though I'm a believer in Christ, I'm back to going to hell? :p
Sin of omission, brother. The elevator is going down, and the temperature is going up.

Upvote 0

Phoneman-777

Dec 11, 2022
Deep South
✟31,648.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I didn't say that.

Do me a favor...read 1 Thessalonians 5:20-21 KJV, identify what the commandment is, then tell me how we can violate it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Phoneman-777

Dec 11, 2022
Deep South
✟31,648.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I never said rejecting Roger's testimony lands you in hell...I said refusing to follow 1 Thessalonians 5:20-21 KJV lands you in hell. Does the Cross grant the redeemed the prerogative to decide which of God's commandments we will and will not follow?

When confronted with another's "prophesying" aka "spiritual proposition", God says we are NOT to hold fast to it or reject it without first taking the time to "prove all things".

When a person hears Roger say he was there and heard a satanic priest say that Satan planned to use the teaching of evolution to "destroy the Bible without burning it" and immediately rejects that without taking time to "prove all things" and decide to believe Roger or dismiss his claims, is he in harmony with God's commandment or in rebellion to it?

Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟731,201.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others

Apparently we're going to hell because we are dismissing Morneau's claims because we aren't believing that such conspiracy theories are worth taking seriously.

You know, because apparently 1 Thessalonians 5:20-21 tells us that if we just dismiss outlandish claims then we aren't obeying the word of God.

It means getting to make whatever outlandish claim one wants to make and then threaten anyone who doesn't accept it with eternal damnation and hellfire, because it wants to be "a form of religion but denying the power thereof" (2 Timothy 3:5).

So, you know, the kind of religious abuse and manipulation which God has condemned throughout history.

It's the same ol' demonic lie that we've seen a thousand times: Make religion about everything except Jesus, because Jesus is always a threat to false religion. Because the devil always wants us to take our eyes off Christ and set our focus on something else, putting our faith in something other than Christ.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

PsaltiChrysostom

Mar 20, 2018
Virginia
✟69,766.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I never said rejecting Roger's testimony lands you in hell...I said refusing to follow 1 Thessalonians 5:20-21 KJV lands you in hell. Does the Cross grant the redeemed the prerogative to decide which of God's commandments we will and will not follow?

When confronted with another's "prophesying" aka "spiritual proposition", God says we are NOT to hold fast to it or reject it without first taking the time to "prove all things".

When a person hears Roger say he was there and heard a satanic priest say that Satan planned to use the teaching of evolution to "destroy the Bible without burning it" and immediately rejects that without taking time to "prove all things" and decide to believe Roger or dismiss his claims, is he in harmony with God's commandment or in rebellion to it?
Why would I pay any attention to prophesies outside of my own faith? The final prophecy is Revelation.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Phoneman-777

Dec 11, 2022
Deep South
✟31,648.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Why would I pay any attention to prophesies outside of my own faith? The final prophecy is Revelation.
It's true that Roger's testimony is not "prophesyings" in the sense of "prophetic revelation from God" - however, it's definitely a "spiritual proposition" in that it supports Scripture by pointing to the Creation account as true and condemns the extra-Biblical idea of evolution.

Jesus Himself said God "in the beginning made them male and female" which completely discounts evolution's idea that after millions of years of trouble-free evolutionary development without sexual reproduction, somehow life evolved in such a way that sexual reproduction not only came into existence, but sexual reproduction between two separate sexes became the singular, exclusive, integral means for continuation of the same.

Upvote 0

Ceallaigh

Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
The Keep
✟581,184.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

That's part of a list of instructions from Paul, rather that a commandment.
That is not prophecy. It is simply hearsay - information received from other people that one cannot adequately substantiate; rumor. It is secondhand information that requires putting faith in what a particular satanic priest had to say, to trust in him being truthful. And if one decides that the satanic priest was being truthful, then one has to consider whether or not Satan, the Father of Lies, was being truthful. All of which does not come anywhere remotely close to rebelling against God.

Satan says something to a satanic priest, who then tells Roger Morneau what Satan told him, does not have anything to do with 1 Thessalonians 5:20-21 in anyway whatsoever.

Upvote 0