saulfactuspaul

Jan 21, 2017
australia
✟21,801.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Would you have rather voted for sanders or Clinton, What policies would've made you support your choice, What characteristics does the candidate you would have favoured between the two have that influenced your decision. What qualities and policies would you like the the next democrat candidate to have.

Mountain_Girl406

Site Supporter
Jul 9, 2015
✟144,014.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
I fully supported Sanders, but when he lost the primary, I put my support with Clinton. She wasn't my first choice, but a reasonable second choice. I stood with Sanders on just about every issue, the only difference was in the views on abortion. Clinton was a bit to centrist in my view, but I could in good conscience vote for her and did.

Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,110,051.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I like Sanders a lot but I don't think his utopia would ever go over in this country.
I want all kids that are willing to work hard to have the opportunity to go to a tech or university and even med. school, etc. without being saddled with a huge debit when they're done, but to tax everyone to pay for it is over the top when everyone doesn't even have decent healthcare they can afford. I have an underdeveloped idea about how it could be accomplished but not Bernie's way.
I'm an Independent voter so I don't have a loyalty to either party. I couldn't with good conscience vote for either party's candidate this time and that's only happened once before.

Upvote 0

Stabat Mater dolorosa

Jesus Christ today, yesterday and forever!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Somewhere up North
✟294,001.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Traditional. Cath.
Marital Status
Single
Given her pro-choice stand when it comes to abortion I really, really cannot grasp how any person confessing a genuine Christian faith could actually justify voting for her.

To me that's a shocking priority or lack of such priority I suppose...

Upvote 0

Armoured

So is America great again yet?
Site Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Given her pro-choice stand when it comes to abortion I really, really cannot grasp how any person confessing a genuine Christian faith could actually justify voting for her.

Not all Christians are single issue voters, or seek to enforce their idea of morality onto others with the weight of secular law.

Reactions: bhsmte
Upvote 0

Stabat Mater dolorosa

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Somewhere up North
✟294,001.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Traditional. Cath.
Marital Status
Single
Not all Christians are single issue voters, or seek to enforce their idea of morality onto others with the weight of secular law.

Lol, you just claimed to be pro-life in salt of the earth.
Exposed :p

Upvote 0

LoAmmi

Dispassionate
Mar 12, 2012
✟209,533.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
Would you have rather voted for sanders or Clinton, What policies would've made you support your choice, What characteristics does the candidate you would have favoured between the two have that influenced your decision. What qualities and policies would you like the the next democrat candidate to have.

I would be very happy if someone similar to Sanders were the next candidate. I only preclude Sanders himself because he will be getting pretty old at that point and I'm not sure if he'd want to do it.

We need someone who won't point out that Trump's many personal failings. We need someone to talk about the issues, why things are bad, and how they can be fixed. Have to see how Trump's four years go though.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Vylo

Stick with the King!
Aug 3, 2003
New Jersey
✟203,465.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others

Because the only mention of abortion in the bible seems to be god commanding it be done to certain people and/or nations.

Reactions: bhsmte
Upvote 0

Stabat Mater dolorosa

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Somewhere up North
✟294,001.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Traditional. Cath.
Marital Status
Single
Not sure how this is relevant, to the very valid point armoured made.

Well to address the post there are single cases which should disqualify candidates in the eyes of Christian voters.

One cannot vote pro child murder and still confess God as almighty the ruler of heaven and earth, the creator of all life without being a huge hypocrite.

This kind of dualism has absolutely zero foundation in the Christian tradition or in scripture for that matter.

Upvote 0

Stabat Mater dolorosa

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Somewhere up North
✟294,001.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Traditional. Cath.
Marital Status
Single
Because the only mention of abortion in the bible seems to be god commanding it be done to certain people and/or nations.

"Thou shall not kill."

You know, in the ten commandments ?

Upvote 0

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Well to address the post there are single cases which should disqualify candidates in the eyes of Christian voters.

One cannot vote pro child murder and still confess God as almighty the ruler of heaven and earth, the creator of all life without being a huge hypocrite.

This kind of dualism has absolutely zero foundation in the Christian tradition or in scripture for that matter.
Should disqualify people in your opinion, not all christian voters by any means. It seems like you are saying; someone cant be a real christian, unless they vote certain ways. Sorry, people are going to disagree with you and that would include, many christians.

• Agree
Reactions: Armoured
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Vylo

Stick with the King!
Aug 3, 2003
New Jersey
✟203,465.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
"Thou shall not kill."

You know, in the ten commandments ?
It is actually thou shall not commit murder. God orders plenty of people to kill other's. He even dishes out some genocide both through people and by his own hand.

Upvote 0

Armoured

So is America great again yet?
Site Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Not sure how this is relevant, to the very valid point armoured made.
I'm pretty tired of being attacked for "not being a real Catholic" every time I point out basic facts that are inconvenient. As though being a Catholic requires one to ignore objective truths.

Upvote 0

FenderTL5

Κύριε, ἐλέησον.
Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2016
Nashville TN
✟634,456.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity

I am not a single issue voter. I do consider myself thoroughly pro-life, which for me includes the issues of abortion, capital punishment and euthanasia, but also overlaps into issues of poverty, healthcare, war, guns, immigration, and protection of minorities. I try to look at every issue through the lens of life being sacred, all of it.

No party has a consistent platform for me, so I don’t vote party line. I try to prayerfully vote for the best candidate keeping in mind that scripture we hear every Sunday at Liturgy “Put not your trust in princes in sons of men in whom there is no salvation.”

back to the OP
I was 'never Hillary' and 'never Bush' even prior to the primaries. I could have supported Sanders. Choosing him over Trump would have been an easy choice.
As it turned out, I voted for a 'write-in' candidate.

Upvote 0