Oklahoma
Visit site
✟8,677.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Democrat
southron said:
I know what you mean. They might not be gay but there all for gays. Personally they should stop calling themselves Christians and maybe call themselves Humanists and Secularists. Oh where oh were did our Christian Nation under God go? :confused:

God Save America, :prayer:
Southron

I hope you're not suggesting that Christians who are in favor of gay rights are not Christians, because that would be against forum rules.

Not everyone comes to the same conclusion regarding scripture that you do.

Upvote 0

msjones21

Nov 26, 2003
Atlanta, GA
✟3,674.00
Faith
Pagan
They might not be gay but there all for gays. Personally they should stop calling themselves Christians and maybe call themselves Humanists and Secularists.
So because I support the right for homosexuals to marry I should stop calling myself a Christian?

Paula said:
But breaking the law is.
Last time I checked it wasn't illegal to be gay.

Upvote 0

praying

Snazzy Title Goes Here
Site Supporter
Jan 9, 2004
New Jersey
✟86,040.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
good4u said:
The homosexual political machine is truly amazing and awe-inspiring to some degree. If only Christians would flex such muscle with the same tenacity as the gay folks. *sigh*

This nonsense will be stopped. Make no mistake. The Feds will step in and put an end to this eventually. They will not tolerate such anachy and flagarant disobedience to the law unlike the wimpy states who cower at the gay power structure.

So where does such civil disobedience stop, hmmm?

Could I decide I want two, maybe more husbands, how about if I marry my dog? Where does the insanity stop?

If it doesn't stop we will have a total meltdown of a civilized society and will degenerate into a country of amoral intellectuals who think "anything goes" as long as no one gets hurt, but the bigger picture is not taken into acount like the future of our country and society.

It will stop. Guranteed. Otherwise, we have no hope.

I don't know it didn't stop after the Boston Tea Party until the revolutionary war was fought an won.

Upvote 0

nadroj1985

A bittersweet truth: sum, ergo cogito
Dec 10, 2003
Lexington, KY
✟15,543.00
Faith
Atheist
Politics
US-Others
msjones21 said:
So because I support the right for homosexuals to marry I should stop calling myself a Christian?

Yes of course msjones!! You didn't get the memo??? All Christians think homosexuals shouldn't be able to marry. Come on, what are you thinking????

;) ;)

Upvote 0

southron

Feb 6, 2004
✟157.00
nadroj1985 said:
America is not a Christian nation!!!! I'm sorry but I don't know how many times I've seen this before. There are many non-Christians in America, this is their country too. Also, it is preposterous to claim that a Christian must oppose gay rights....

I never liked this saying either, or "God bless America" for that matter. It sounds kinda selfish when you think about it--"God bless me!!!" I should think we'd do better to follow Tiny Tim's example--"God bless us, everyone."

Well thats your opinion. Christian faith is the #1 religion in the United States. Our founding fathers were most all Christians and the ones that were not Christians didn't attack the ones that were unlike now. I have already debated in another thread on this topic. [edited by moderator-watch the flaming] Evil and Good dosen't go together duuuu.

America dosen't deserve to be Blessed in my opinion until we turn back to God as a country including our Political officials. I don't usually use the term "God Bless America" usualy God Save America. When I say America as in "God Bless America" I mean for all Americans be Blessed by God. Is that as clear as mud lol
;)

Southron

[noflame]

Upvote 0

kdet

God lives in us
Jul 12, 2003
TX
Visit site
✟16,807.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
msjones21 said:
Susan saves the day!

In direct response to the comment about the founding fathers...most were not Christians. 30% were Christians, roughly 10% were ordained ministers (out of the 30%) and the other 70% was comprised of deists and free-thinkers.
Well I have to disagree..I think your numbers are in serious error...sorry.

Upvote 0

praying

Snazzy Title Goes Here
Site Supporter
Jan 9, 2004
New Jersey
✟86,040.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
msjones21 said:
Susan saves the day!

In direct response to the comment about the founding fathers...most were not Christians. 30% were Christians, roughly 10% were ordained ministers (out of the 30%) and the other 70% was comprised of deists and free-thinkers.

and none of them were the nicest Christians :(

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

nadroj1985

A bittersweet truth: sum, ergo cogito
Dec 10, 2003
Lexington, KY
✟15,543.00
Faith
Atheist
Politics
US-Others
southron said:
Well thats your opinion. Christian faith is the #1 religion in the United States. Our founding fathers were most all Christians and the ones that were not Christians didn't attack the ones that were unlike now.

Who cares how many are Christians? There are still some that are not, and they are Americans as well. Oh, and don't quote me on this, but I'm fairly sure most of the founding fathers were deists--a far cry from Christianity. And of course, the founding fathers also wrote that one thing called the Constitution, and I seem to remember there being something about the separation of church and state in there.

southron said:
I have already debated in another thread on this topic. If anybody that calls themselves a Christian and is all for gay rights then sorry from what the Bible says they are not Christians. Not everybody that says there a Christian will go to Heaven. Gays and Christians does not deserve to be together in the same sentence. Evil and Good dosen't go together duuuu.

My guess is that these comments are what got you reported. And btw, if evil and good doesn't go together, why are there any humans in heaven? Because Jesus died for our sins. Guess what, he even died for homosexuals. What a nice guy, eh? Of course, we could get into a debate about whether or not homosexuality is a sin as well......

southron said:
America dosen't deserve to be Blessed in my opinion until we turn back to God as a country including our Political officials. I don't usually use the term "God Bless America" usualy God Save America. When I say America as in "God Bless America" I mean for all Americans be Blessed by God.

None of us deserve to be blessed. God blesses us anyway. Ain't it grand? :clap:

southron said:
Is that as clear as mud lol
;)

Yes, mud would be a good description.

Upvote 0

praying

Snazzy Title Goes Here
Site Supporter
Jan 9, 2004
New Jersey
✟86,040.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
nadroj1985 said:
Who cares how many are Christians? There are still some that are not, and they are Americans as well. Oh, and don't quote me on this, but I'm fairly sure most of the founding fathers were deists--a far cry from Christianity. And of course, the founding fathers also wrote that one thing called the Constitution, and I seem to remember there being something about the separation of church and state in there.

My guess is that these comments are what got you reported. And btw, if evil and good doesn't go together, why are there any humans in heaven? Because Jesus died for our sins. Guess what, he even died for homosexuals. What a nice guy, eh? Of course, we could get into a debate about whether or not homosexuality is a sin as well......

None of us deserve to be blessed. God blesses us anyway. Ain't it grand? :clap:

Yes, mud would be a good description.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

kdet

God lives in us
Jul 12, 2003
TX
Visit site
✟16,807.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
msjones21 said:
Sweetkitty, alot of the founding fathers on that website who were listed as being Christians were also quoted advocating free-thinking and the separation of church and state.
The founding Fathers did NOT want one religion recognized as the one and only religion..but that does not mean that they were not Christians or that they didn't want this country founded on Christian principles.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.